Schembechler collapses, dies at 77

millbank

Very sad...even for a Buckeye fan.

People forget that Bo was an assistant coach under Woody. He had all sorts of Ohio connections.

Most importantly, Woody always made OSU fans remember that he respected the hell out of Bo.

As do I.

RIP, Bo. :lol:

Wow...wow...man sad news for sure...lived a great life though and was great for college football..RIP Bo.

Michigan is going to be one motivated team tomorrow...big time.

840006[/snapback]

Yep..hopefully not "over" emotional though!

If Ohio State has ANY class what-so-ever, they will hold a moment of silence in honor of Bo. We'll see!

Yep..hopefully not "over" emotional though!

If Ohio State has ANY class what-so-ever, they will hold a moment of silence in honor of Bo. We'll see!

840013[/snapback]

I would be absolutely shocked if OSU does not acknowledge Bo's death. In fact, I bet almost every 1-A game tomorrow does the same. And they should. Bo was a legend in college football.

The real bad calss in the UM-OSU thing is the fans...I doubt the OSU coaching staff and administration would say anything bad about the unfortunate passing of Bo.

840028[/snapback]

Based on what buckeyemike said in an eralier post, I did not realize Bo served under Woody Hayes. No doubt OSU pays tribute tomorrow.

840028[/snapback]

Trying to get that stadium to shut-up in honor of a Michigan coach would be an exercise in futility and ultimately more of an uncomfortable moment than a deserving nod.

Although 20 years from now it would probably be viewed historically as a viciously funny, poignant moment in the rivalry that would have elicited a wink and smile from Bo.

I hope they try it.....

Also a Miami (Ohio) U. coach for some time...

The man made a great contribution to college football and will no doubt be recognized.

Go Bucks, win it for Bo!  :lol:

840043[/snapback]

Coached and played there......under Woody Hayes and Sid Gilman.

My brother, a Miami of Ohio alum (class of '89) loves to go on and on about the "cradle of coaches".

I'll bet Steve Fisher will send a nice bouquet, as Bo is the only reason the guy has a national title on his resume as a college hoops coach.