Max might be back tonight

ACor58

Great news.  Hopefully Miller can return soon.  Marty has been underwhelming in relief.

839785[/snapback]

WHAT! I'm out of the loop here in Habana Norte- I only get Panther news. What happened?

My father is at the doctor's office right now getting an MRI on his elbow, and he just sent me an email from his blackberry that said Max is there too.  Hopefully he's getting cleared for tonight.

839796[/snapback]

Can he get me his autograph?

Max's not the Doctor's

WHAT!  I'm out of the loop here in Habana Norte- I only get Panther news.  What happened?

839788[/snapback]

Miller hasn't played since the Toronto loss almost two weeks ago with a "minor" injury in the groin area. He's been skating the past two days though, and according to Lindy has been improving. They've been winning, but Marty's been letting in 3 or 4 per night plus a few softies here and there.

My father is at the doctor's office right now getting an MRI on his elbow, and he just sent me an email from his blackberry that said Max is there too.  Hopefully he's getting cleared for tonight.

839796[/snapback]

At the risk of posting 'SOPRANO-like' inside info:

My father just met with the doctor. He has the inside info: Max IS playing tonight!

Yeah, and I just saw George Seifert at the airport.  :lol:

Seriously though, I believe you.  That is awesome news.

839881[/snapback]

I guess we'll see how Lindy handles it. I suppose all the doctor can do is clear Max for the game; he doesn't decide if he's playing or not.

Miller hasn't played since the Toronto loss almost two weeks ago with a "minor" injury in the groin area.  He's been skating the past two days though, and according to Lindy has been improving.  They've been winning, but Marty's been letting in 3 or 4 per night plus a few softies here and there.

839864[/snapback]

And Marty, like Miller, has one whole loss.

Underwhelming. Sure. :lol:

I'm sure Tallinder's and Lydman's absences have nothing to do with 3-4 goals a night, either.  It's all the goalie's fault.

839915[/snapback]

The best game Marty played was his only loss. He does (and has throughout his career) give up typically one softie per game. I have no problem with Marty, but I am extremely happy that Miller is our #1. You can't ask much more out of your #2 than what Marty has provided this season and last.

The best game Marty played was his only loss.  He does (and has throughout his career) give up typically one softie per game.  I have no problem with Marty, but I am extremely happy that Miller is our #1.  You can't ask much more out of your #2 than what Marty has provided this season and last.

839919[/snapback]

Agreed, completely.

Errr, didn't meant to offend the Marty Biron fan club. Obviously the fact that Tallinder and Lydman have been out has something to do with it because Miller allowed four goals in each of his last three starts before going down.

But you have to admit that Marty hasn't looked like the supposedly tradeable commodity that many have made him out to be. If I'm an NHL team in need of a goaltender right now (Boston, Phoenix) I'll calling San Jose or Anaheim before Buffalo.

THAT SAID, yes they are winning. So I'm happy. But you can't score 5-7 goals every night as was proven on Wednesday.

Max is coming back... Derek Roy is now out 10 - 14 days with a hand injury

Das Link

839920[/snapback]

I thought Roy injured his foot, just because I read this on the Sabres website:

Absent from the workout was center Derek Roy, who was getting X-Rays taken after blocking a shot in Wednesday night's 4-2 loss to Ottawa.

Early indications are that the X-Rays will be negative.

"We think so, but there are no guarantee there either," said Ruff when asked if Roy would be active against Pittsburgh.  "He missed some time last night and decided to play late in the game."

Roy skated 16 shifts against the Senators, eight of which came in the first period.

A shot must've hit him in the hand. Hopefully he plays. I've thought Roy has been outstanding the last three games. I love the Max-Roy-Vanek line. Stafford has filled in admirably, but that line was just starting to dominate when Max got injured.