Peering into my crystal ball...

And that would be a smart pick.  Sign him to a 6 year deal, which would be cheaper then a vet top tier CB.  Spend the extra money on FA olinemen or a DT. 

Right Joseph?

839723[/snapback]

Of course! Who needs an OL?

:w00t:

Do you HONESTLY believe the Bills will outbid ANYBODY for the top FA OL prospects?

If so, I'll have what you're drinking.

Of course! Who needs an OL?

:w00t:

Do you HONESTLY believe the Bills will outbid ANYBODY for the top FA OL prospects?

If so, I'll have what you're drinking.

839726[/snapback]

Sure. We can probably keep Chris V, maybe resign Reuban Brown, we got Reyes, and Fowler. What more do you want.

And hey we outbid everyone for that great FA Jason Peters.

And we have the best offensive line coach in the history of the NFL according to all the homers around here. Why can't he take these guys who were starters on other teams that made the playoffs and not make them better here?

Maybe it isn't the linemen, but the coach.

Sure.  We can probably keep Chris V, maybe resign Reuban Brown, we got Reyes, and Fowler.  What more do you want. 

And we have the best offensive line coach in the history of the NFL according to all the homers around here.  Why can't he take these guys who were starters on other teams that made the playoffs and not make them better here? 

839730[/snapback]

Drink up...happy hour is now enforced by law!

:w00t::lol:

Sure.  We can probably keep Chris V, maybe resign Reuban Brown, we got Reyes, and Fowler.  What more do you want. 

And we have the best offensive line coach in the history of the NFL according to all the homers around here.  Why can't he take these guys who were starters on other teams that made the playoffs and not make them better here? 

839730[/snapback]

Our OL is a little dim in the intelligence dept.

They have trouble remembering the snap coount, let alone how to pick up blitzes and stunts.

we need few more high motor guys with half a brain.

839730[/snapback]

I'm done supporting the mouse. Everyone beats him off around here and uses phrases like "you can't make gold out of sh*t". Whatever, he's had how many years and for how many years has this been the worst O-line in football. If he was the best O-L coach in recent memory the Bills would have something to show for it.

Try someone else.

839726[/snapback]

Wasn't Spikes a big name expensive FA? Biggest that year(or pretty much).

How about Milloy & Vincent?

We were happy to pay Fletcher more than the Rams(& everyone else) at the time.

I believe we might outbid everyone for the top FA OL.

I certainly don't assume it is impossible....why would I? We got the best FA LB a few years back....why is it so different now?

839730[/snapback]

Taps lightly on right shoulder and says, "Don't forget, our needs are great. We've got TWO OL Coaches"

Wasn't Spikes a big name expensive FA?  Biggest that year(or pretty much).

How about Milloy & Vincent?

We were happy to pay Fletcher more than the Rams(& everyone else) at the time.

I believe we might outbid everyone for the top FA OL.

I certainly don't assume it is impossible....why would I?  We got the best FA LB a few years back....why is it so different now?

840578[/snapback]

It 's business. LB jerseys sell and the owner gets a big cut of each jersey sale for his team. Olinemen jerseys do not sell very well, even for the top tier guys. Hench Ralph the cheap bastard only spends big bucks on players if he feels he can recoup a large portion via jersey sales.

Think about it, Bledsoe, Fletcher, Spikes, have been the key FA or trade pickups. Players that he paid more then average, but look around, those are some of the biggest jersey sales.

It 's business.  LB jerseys sell and the owner gets a big cut of each jersey sale for his team.  Olinemen jerseys do not sell very well, even for the top tier guys.  Hench Ralph the cheap bastard only spends big bucks on players if he feels he can recoup a large portion via jersey sales. 

Think about it, Bledsoe, Fletcher, Spikes, have been the key FA or trade pickups.  Players that he paid more then average, but look around, those are some of the biggest jersey sales.

840620[/snapback]

I agree that OL jersey sales would be lower than other possitions but the reason why they(Bledsoe, Fletcher, Spikes) were some of the biggest sales was because they performed on the field before & after coming to Buffalo. DBs, RBs, WRs, DEs.... all would bring large number of jersey sales if they perform.

IMO Ralph would be smart enough to realize that if he pays top dollar for a super OG, his RB jersey sales will increase....his QB & WR jersey sales will increase....& assuming it helps the team to win more games in a better offensive manner, every good player on the teams jersey sales will increase.

839730[/snapback]

Why you hackin' on Peters?? If completes the transition to LT, he's one of the most significant signings in our team's history!

I agree that OL jersey sales would be lower than other possitions but the reason why they(Bledsoe, Fletcher, Spikes) were some of the biggest sales was because they performed on the field before & after coming to Buffalo.  DBs, RBs, WRs, DEs.... all would bring large number of jersey sales if they perform. 

IMO Ralph would be smart enough to realize that if he pays top dollar for a super OG, his RB jersey sales will increase....his QB & WR jersey sales will increase....& assuming it helps the team to win more games in a better offensive manner, every good player on the teams jersey sales will increase.

840939[/snapback]

They really should just go ahead and FINALLY market the RW titanium walker. It'd be a huge seller.

Why you hackin' on Peters?? If completes the transition to LT, he's one of the most significant signings in our team's history!

840952[/snapback]

I am not sure if you realize just how correct you are. It cannot stress enough how hard it is to find a high quality LT. They are never traded, and teams either franchise or re-sign the good ones, not just the greats.

I used to be in favor of keeping Peters at RT, but I completely changed my mind. If Peters can develop at LT (which I believe that he can), this will be one of the better free agent signings in football history. He is now even locked up to a long term contract! :lol:

Guards and even RTs are just not as hard to find in the draft, providing of course that your GM would like to draft one.

I am not sure if you realize just how correct you are. It cannot stress enough how hard it is to find a high quality LT. They are never traded, and teams either franchise or re-sign the good ones, not just the greats.

I used to be in favor of keeping Peters at RT, but I completely changed my mind. If Peters can develop at LT (which I believe that he can), this will be one of the better free agent signings in football history. He is now even locked up to a long term contract!  :blink:

Guards and even RTs are just not as hard to find in the draft, providing of course that your GM would like to draft one.

841123[/snapback]

I thought it was just a pipe dream when they first started talking about this beast of a TE they picked up as an undrafted FA moving to the O-line.....but by God, the kid is actually doing it. That is pretty amazing!

839730[/snapback]

That doesn't make too much sense because they were let go from their teams because they weren't able to perform.