33 hours later....

NavyBillsFan

I have my playstation 3 in hand and locked on ebay!

Walmart was great!  Kept us inside so we were not shot and fed us breakfast and dinner.

Call me nuts but hell, its paying for my Disney trip!

Anybody else get one?

839657[/snapback]

I woulda called you nuts if you would have kept it.

Good move selling it.

A friend of mine paid a UB student he knows $350 bucks to wait in line from early Wed AM until Friday AM (worked out to about $6 per hour) and then took his place in line right before the store opened, bought the PS3, and then sold it in the parking lot for $2000 cash to what he said was "probably a Buffalo Bill." He said it was a freakishly large black gentleman who was in a Range Rover.

So he made about $1100 doing absolutely nothing.

A friend of mine paid a UB student he knows $350 bucks to wait in line from early Wed AM until Friday AM (worked out to about $6 per hour) and then took his place in line right before the store opened, bought the PS3, and then sold it in the parking lot for $2000 cash to what he said was "probably a Buffalo Bill."  He said it was a freakishly large black gentleman who was in a Range Rover.

So he made about $1100 doing absolutely nothing.

839887[/snapback]

Coulda been a pimp! :lol:

Coulda been a pimp! :lol:

839944[/snapback]

I know, he's always got schemes in the works. I told him I thought the Bills practiced in the AM, but he said he wasn't positive it was a Bill that he sold to, just that it made sense it could've been.

I think the $350 overhead to pay someone to hold your place in line for 2+ days is well worth it.

I know, he's always got schemes in the works.  I told him I thought the Bills practiced in the AM, but he said he wasn't positive it was a Bill that he sold to, just that it made sense it could've been.

I think the $350 overhead to pay someone to hold your place in line for 2+ days is well worth it.

839952[/snapback]

Depends on what time you're talking about. Some stores opened at 7am, others 8am, etc. Being an away game in a different time zone, maybe they wouldn't have to report to the stadium until 9am.

Agreed ... if I had the money to buy a system in the first place, I would have done the same thing.

840146[/snapback]

Yeah, same here.

Though I did somewhat laugh at the idiot who was running around my apt complex at 4AM yelling....

"I GOT A PS3! I GOT A PS3! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ALL GONNA KNOW IT! I GOT A PS3! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

He only went on for a couple minutes and I fell back asleep wondering how long it was gonna take for him to get robbed.

Guess he had no friends he could brag to. :lol:

Yeah, same here.

Though I did somewhat laugh at the idiot who was running around my apt complex at 4AM yelling....

"I GOT A PS3! I GOT A PS3! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ALL GONNA KNOW IT! I GOT A PS3! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

He only went on for a couple minutes and I fell back asleep wondering how long it was gonna take for him to get robbed.

Guess he had no friends he could brag to.  :lol:

840154[/snapback]

ha! what a way to advertise yourself ... "calling anyone willing to beat my ass to get a PS3 ... i have one now and its in my hand" over and over

wow man congrats to you!!! Merry Christmas huh??? :D

840261[/snapback]

I did it because it was easy spending cash for disney.

But it was not fun at all. People were going nuts in the store cusin out the managers and crap. Norfolk police has to come in and take us to our cars after we paid for the sets. We then had to drive to a emergency exit door and the manager plus another cop was there to greet us with our purchase. I took the interstate home and back roads to make sure I was not tailed. People were yelling crap in the store the whole time we were in line. Some guy offered 1500 bucks to take a persons spot in line. It was funny but a very crazy day and a half

But it was not fun at all.  People were going nuts in the store cusin out the managers and crap.  Norfolk police has to come in and take us to our cars after we paid for the sets.  We then had to drive to a emergency exit door and the manager plus another cop was there to greet us with our purchase.  I took the interstate home and back roads to make sure I was not tailed.  People were yelling crap in the store the whole time we were in line.  Some guy offered 1500 bucks to take a persons spot in line.  It was funny but a very crazy day and a half

840505[/snapback]

If only people did productive things :D

I'm not talking about you, you made a nice profit doing nothing difficult. I just find this kind of behavior (severely overpaying for a console a joke).

But it was not fun at all.  People were going nuts in the store cusin out the managers and crap.  Norfolk police has to come in and take us to our cars after we paid for the sets.  We then had to drive to a emergency exit door and the manager plus another cop was there to greet us with our purchase.  I took the interstate home and back roads to make sure I was not tailed.  People were yelling crap in the store the whole time we were in line.  Some guy offered 1500 bucks to take a persons spot in line.  It was funny but a very crazy day and a half

840505[/snapback]

They're just pissed that they didn't get one because of the profit to be made. Thing is, if they were easy to get, why would anyone shell out the cash they're going for on EBay in the first place?

840505[/snapback]

Why didn't you take the $1,500 offer yourself? Assuming you sell it on eBay for $2,000, you're only making a $1,400 profit BEFORE paying eBay/PayPal fees. Those suck up another 3% or so if I recall. Plus, you wouldn't have to wait for 33 hours. :D

CW