Milton Friedman Died

Peter

Something that might surprise some here, the first economics (related) book I read was "Free to Choose."  The irony....

RIP M-1 Milton....

839270[/snapback]

But is it still part of the book collection?

RIP

But is it still part of the book collection?

RIP

839306[/snapback]

Absolutely. Every Econ book I ever read is on the shelf. My favorite shelf is in chronological order, beginning with the "Wealth of Nations."

It's unfortunate that Milton and Maynard never met--that would've been quite a debate.

By the way, I own two books by Milton. The second is "Milton Friedman's Monetary Framework: a debate with his critics."

As a Libertarain. I say thank you to Milton. He made universities a more palettable place for libertarians. I am more of a philosopher and know Hayek had a huge influence on him.

840061[/snapback]

Have you read Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom" (if I recall the name correctly). I have not, but was wondering whether you recommend it. It is supposed to be great.

Have you read Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom" (if I recall the name correctly).  I have not, but was wondering whether you recommend it.  It is supposed to be great.

840121[/snapback]

I defienetly would recommend it. My personnal favortie is Jan Narvesson's Libertarian Idea.