Bills to finish last in the AFC East

keepthefaith

There was optimism at the beginning of the season. A new coaching staff and GM. Some promising rookies and free agent signings along with a new attitude. JP winning the starting job. If the Bills managed to beat the Patriots in the opener and Detroit or even Indy this past week they would be in the hunt for the division lead. Nice try, but even with those victories this team is not ready to compete with the best teams in the league. Not enough talent or experience among the players and a first year coaching staff. A false sense of security. They could be a team like the Chiefs, sniffing near the playoffs but going nowhere.

The Bills should have some questions answered by the end of the season. A lot of young guys playing and a few older guys playing. The front office will know better then where the holes are and who among the young players might fill some of those holes next year - or not. For example, Duke Preston could be starting for the rest of the season. Should have a good read on him by the end of the year. He hasn't played much. Will Terrence Pennington get better? Will Larry Tripplett step up his game? Can Jason Peters be a good left tackle? JP and the entire receiving corps? Kyle Williams? Can TKO regain his previous form and health? The young guys in the secondary.

In addition to a better draft position, It's better if the front office and coaching staff knows how bad this team is and is left without the false sense of security that a near playoff birth season might provide. Better to lick your wounds and create a heightened sense of urgency. Where I do think this hurts is in recruiting potential free agents.

For me I'll watch the remaining games hoping to see a lot of fight in this team and the emergence of some of the young guys into starting caliber players. The Bills have learned how bad they are in the first half, now let's see who responds and how.

There was optimism at the beginning of the season.  A new coaching staff and GM.  Some promising rookies and free agent signings along with a new attitude.  JP winning the starting job.  If the Bills managed to beat the Patriots in the opener and Detroit or even Indy this past week they would be in the hunt for the division lead. Nice try, but even with those victories this team is not ready to compete with the best teams in the league.  Not enough talent or experience among the players and a first year coaching staff. A false sense of security.  They could be a team like the Chiefs, sniffing near the playoffs but going nowhere. 

The Bills should have some questions answered by the end of the season.  A lot of young guys playing and a few older guys playing. The front office will know better then where the holes are and who among the young players might fill some of those holes next year - or not.  For example, Duke Preston could be starting for the rest of the season.  Should have a good read on him by the end of the year.  He hasn't played much.  Will Terrence Pennington get better?  Will Larry Tripplett step up his game?  Can Jason Peters be a good left tackle?  JP and the entire receiving corps?  Kyle Williams?  Can TKO regain his previous form and health?  The young guys in the secondary. 

In addition to a better draft position, It's better if the front office and coaching staff knows how bad this team is and is left without the false sense of security that a near playoff birth season might provide.  Better to lick your wounds and create a heightened sense of urgency.  Where I do think this hurts is in recruiting potential free agents. 

For me I'll watch the remaining games hoping to see a lot of fight in this team and the emergence of some of the young guys into starting caliber players.  The Bills have learned how bad they are in the first half, now let's see who responds and how.

838465[/snapback]

I look for improvement every week, but every week I walk away disgusted. This team isn't even sniffing the playoffs. :lol:

3-13

838546[/snapback]

Cheer up. They'll tease us with a little run at some point. The rookie safeties are much better since the bye and there's no telling who else might step it up. No cellar this year.