Self-censorship in the press

I'm basing it on the autobiography of a Clinton staffer. These were Stephanopoulos's own words. Stephanopoulos wrote a) that there was a Whitewater coverup, and b) that Hillary responded very emotionally when it was suggested the coverup be ended. If something like that doesn't convince you, nothing will.

838864[/snapback]

So tell me this, how does this Stephanopoulus have time to hang out all day with Big Bird and write a book at the same time.

Puts a little hole in your theory right there, doesn't it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever I said was exactly wrong. Tears stung the corners of her eyes, and I imagined Hillary's fear-induced fury--at the Republicans for trying to destroy health care by destroying her, at the press for its small-minded obsessive scrupulousness when issues affecting real people were at stake, at her husband for getting her into this stupid land deal with his shady friends in the first place and then expecting her to clean it up . . . all of that fury, for a moment, was directed at me.

"You never believed in us. In New Hampshire, it was just me and Susan [Thomases] and Harold [ickes] who believed in us. If we wouldn't have fought, we would never have won. You gave up on us . . ."

She paused, her voice fell, and Hillary started to cry. "We were out there alone, and I'm feeling very lonely right now. Nobody is fighting for me."

We all seemed stuck to our chairs, not knowing whether to be unnerved, afraid, or consoling. I was too stunned to respond. Harold, who had been explicitly absolved from the accusation of disloyalty, tried to rescue me with one final plea for reconsideration.

"I don't want to hear any more," Hillary snapped, back in control. "I want us to fight. I want a campaign now." Looking back at me, she took one last shot: "If you don't believe in us, you should just leave. Then she walked out the door.

A dead moment passed. I fixed a crinkly smile on my face. Once I was sure Hillary was long gone, I rose to leave. . . . I walked the few steps to my office, closed the door behind me, and broke down.

This should be required reading for ANYONE even considering voting for her for President. Good God!

First, George Stephenopolus makes his points, saliently and without emotion, saying it will take all our resources, all our political capital etc.

Then she responds, "you never believed in us?" WTF does that have to do with anything he was saying? Outta left field there. I feel like I'm talking to my wife reading that..."Remember that time 5 years ago you went Vegas for a bachelor party..."

Then, she loses complete control of her emotions. Snaps back to first-B word-mode and says to George, you can just leave if you don't believe in us. How does that address any of the substantive issues he raised.

Fuggin ridiculous. Anyone who votes for this one for President ought to become a permanent card-carrying member of retardia and be banished to the land of the galactically stupid for life. They should simply forfeit their right to vote. Hillary for President, my fuggin' God.

And this emotionally stable individual may have the football. ;)