OJ Admitting to Killings?

truth on hold

LOS ANGELES - Fox plans to broadcast an interview with O.J. Simpson in which the former football star discusses "how he would have committed" the slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, for which he was acquitted, the network said.

The two-part interview, titled "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened," will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29, the TV network said.

that sure is some odd wording. I dont know if its more OJ mumbo jumbo combined w. fox spin to boost ratings or if the Juice will finally come clean.

what do others think? here's the story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061115/ap_on_...mpson_interview

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  lol

837467[/snapback]

this whole OJ thing is such a freak show if someone made a fiction movie like this no one lwould ike it because theyd say it's too unrealistic. i mean really, what the heck is wrong with this guy and the people who keep promoting his lunacy?

i guess he needs the money. but on the other hand isnt all his money except for NFL pension going to the goldman family?

837476[/snapback]

No, he lives in Florida......thats why he moved very fast........

great place to retire and hide the money you've stolen your whole life...Florida likes rich old people with to much money, and they protect it from other states court system's.....

He was tried and found not guilty.  Under our current laws he can call a press conference and say "Yeah I killed them and I'm glad I did it" and we can't touch him.

837619[/snapback]

It's not the law, it's the Constitution, the fifth amendment. And a good thing, too--otherwise the state could just retry anyone they didn't like over and over again until they got a conviction. Though in this case it leads to a murderer going free.

But the world is full of murderers walking free.

It's not the law, it's the Constitution, the fifth amendment.  And a good thing, too--otherwise the state could just retry anyone they didn't like over and over again until they got a conviction.  Though in this case it leads to a murderer going free.

837636[/snapback]

I understand but Ed called it double jeopardy. :lol:B-)

It is called double indemnity.

I understand but Ed called it double jeopardy.  :lol:  B-)

It is called double indemnity.

837642[/snapback]

Sorry, Ed's right. It's called double jeopardy. Double indemnity is an insurance term, where the payoff your beneficiaries get if you die is doubled if you die under particular (and rare) circumstances.

It's not the law, it's the Constitution, the fifth amendment.  And a good thing, too--otherwise the state could just retry anyone they didn't like over and over again until they got a conviction.  Though in this case it leads to a murderer going free.

837636[/snapback]

It is a good thing. The problem isnt the law or the Constitution, they should have got decent prosecutors the first time.

It is a good thing. The problem isnt the law or the Constitution, they should have got decent prosecutors the first time.

837654[/snapback]

Why, Marcia Clark is a hack TV host now and Darden makes the best french fries in all of LA County.

Sorry, Ed's right. It's called double jeopardy.  Double indemnity is an insurance term, where the payoff your beneficiaries get if you die is doubled if you die under particular (and rare) circumstances.

837649[/snapback]

I have bolded the area of your post which should concern you.

No offense to Ed, he takes a lot of grief, and Rutgers is on a roll, but jeopardy means "trouble" and implies something being frantic. I see the connection to trouble but a trial is a calm thing, not frantic. Indemnity is something that is owed, like a debt to society. OJ only owed society one trial not two, which would be double indemnity.

Nope. Ed really is right. When in doubt, try google or wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Jeopardy

I have bolded the area of your post which should concern you. 

No offense to Ed, he takes a lot of grief, and Rutgers is on a roll, but jeopardy means "trouble" and implies something being frantic.  I see the connection to trouble but a trial is a calm thing, not frantic.  Indemnity is something that is owed, like a debt to society.  OJ only owed society one trial not two, which would be double indemnity.

837668[/snapback]