finally someone with a clue not mindlessly ...

truth on hold

Davis should have had two TDs if the ball was thrown well. He has had 5+ yards separation on the DBs a couple times. That's his strength. He is not a possession guy. Reed has made some very good catches in traffic and Evans has been open. Peerless is average now but still with good speed.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see it.

How many sacks have been legit coverage sacks?  The pocket doesn't hold up long enough for them to become coverage sacks.  JPs completion % is relatively high....that implies that either he is doing a magnificent job checking down & finding the (rare)open receiver....or it means that the WRs are actually getting open.  JP is throwing for half to a third what the average is.....this means that the number of catches &  yardage for the WRs is bound to be at least 1/2 of what it should be if we threw the ball a reasonable amount.  The TEs are blocking ever pass play now aren't they?  Hard to catch a ball when you are trying to block a probowl DE.

I'm not saying we cannot improve with the WRs(TEs)....I'm pointing out that calling them a mess is simply misguided.

837415[/snapback]

they seem to do a good job in run blocking since mcgahee was one of the top ranked backs until he got hurt and thomas gained over 100 in his first and only game as the starter. the real story is the line isnt as bad as some would make you believe and the one area thats been over looked as a weakness is the receiing corp

game showed desperate need for #2 receiver

price has shown up as #2 in exactly 2 games this year: minnesota and houston. not surprisingly we won both. we would have won more if JP had someone to throw to other than evans. it almost cost us a win again today. price showed up for one meaningful catch and it was barely enough. can you imagine if we had a solid #2 how much better this offense would be?

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports wrote in today's rankings:

"Buffalo Bills (3-6) – With the concentration on quarterback J.P. Losman, has anyone noticed that the tight end and wide receiver spots are a mess? Lee Evans is inconsistent and Peerless Price looks like just another mediocre wideout. Come to think of it, is there anything beyond running back Willis McGahee that looks promising on this offense?"

I've been saying this for a while now.  The o-line certainly has issues but I put more of the passing game's problems on the lack of productivity at the WR and TE positions.  Other than the occasional open Evans, JP simply has no one else he can go too.  I feel sorry for the guy with the pocket collapsing around him and the receivers covered like white on rice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aii5...=yhoo&type=lgns

837389[/snapback]

i didnt read this... but its pretty hard to have te production when they have to block every god damn play. and when we finally do throw one, royal drops it. everett makes huge mistakes. we might as well just throw another olineman out there.

i didnt read this... but its pretty hard to have te production when they have to block every god damn play. and when we finally do throw one, royal drops it. everett makes huge mistakes. we might as well just throw another olineman out there.

842452[/snapback]

well yeah the TEs are part of the receiving corp

and they suck as pass catchers. when royal gets the chance to catch and not block he nearly always disappoints. and past evans forget about it. price is at best a #3.

except for the occasional evans, who are buffalos playmakers @ WR & TE?

837607[/snapback]

rotowire nails it: evans is good in spots but he can't do it alone. not big and physical enough. this team either needs a strong #2 like moulds was (he looked solid today for texans) or a physical receiver who can win jump balls like plaxico burress. otherwise upgrading the line or JP won't mean a hill of beans.

"Evans beat the Houston defense twice and J.P. Losman hit him right in stride, and when that happens Evans isn't likely to be caught from behind. As great as the effort was, it actually could have been better because Evans had 205 yards in the first quarter. This shows what the speedy wideout is capable of when teams don't give him constant double teams. Unfortunately, when they do, he's not big and strong enough to create separation and there's been a few games this season where he's been little more than a decoy."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=roto...re&type=fantasy