McGee Shuts Down Wayne:

Astrobot

Ok. I just watched the play ... McGee turns around LITERALLY right when the ball is about to fall in Wayne's arms. If you want me to take a picture and post, then let me know and I will. Also. If you think that his arm flail after the ball hits Wayne's chest is "defending the pass" then I suggest you dont apply for any defensive back coaching postions.

837495[/snapback]

Dude, McGee got beat twice by perfect passes. Correct if I'm wrong, but Manning is a decent NFL QB. McGee and Clements played like all pros. Give them their props.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, McGee got beat twice by perfect passes.  Correct if I'm wrong, but Manning is a decent NFL QB.  McGee and Clements played like all pros.  Give them their props.

837498[/snapback]

exactly....no way can you fault t-mac for that coverage. Just a great play by Manning/wayne.

Hits Wayne's chest?? dude had his back to the ball! Don't make me come over there.....

837496[/snapback]

WRONG! When he actually catchest he actually catches the ball he catches it in his chest (he has turned around and faced the offense) and after he caught the ball he spun toward the back of the endzone. PIC's coming soon.

Dude, McGee got beat twice by perfect passes.  Correct if I'm wrong, but Manning is a decent NFL QB.  McGee and Clements played like all pros.  Give them their props.

837498[/snapback]

No one said they werent good passes. Im simply saying he didnt play it "perfectly" ... he didnt turn around in time, and he didnt stick his arms out. Other CB's HAVE defended that pass well against the Colts. TENNESSEE being one of them. :lol: Hold on im posting pics

WRONG! When he actually catchest he actually catches the ball he catches it in his chest (he has turned around and faced the offense) and after he caught the ball he spun toward the back of the endzone. PIC's coming soon.

837503[/snapback]

Well dammit, i already deleted the program off my DVR....but his back was to the ball until the VERY last second!! Either way, the coverage was tight...

Well dammit, i already deleted the program off my DVR....but his back was to the ball until the VERY last second!! Either way, the coverage was tight...

837506[/snapback]

Luckily for you, I still have it on my DVR ... haha ... here we go:

Wayne having his body directly towards Manning (the ball is about 3/4 of the way to him by now): http://picasaweb.google.com/Daquixlet/McGe...503472904568850

P.S. you were saying about Wayne having his back to the ball until the very last second???

Wayne has now caught the ball and McGee (a second after Wayne caught it) flaps his arms and nearly falls over: http://picasaweb.google.com/Daquixlet/McGe...503513895108626

Eh, those pics don't show anything.....you have to see the actual play to appreciate it. He nearly falls over cause he was trying to knock the ball down! lol

Peyton put the ball in there perfectly....Champ Bailey would have given up the TD, too.

Eh, those pics don't show anything.....you have to see the actual play to appreciate it. He nearly falls over cause he was trying to knock the ball down! lol 

Peyton put the ball in there perfectly....Champ Bailey would have given up the TD, too.

837510[/snapback]

What a joke. Peyton threw a great ball. No doubt. Im a big Peyton Manning fan. But the facts are that McGee did a few things.

1. He played him tight ... GOOD JOB!

2. He turned too late ... sorry

3. He starts flapping his arms AFTER THE BALL HIT WAYNE'S CHEST! Thats what makes me laugh the most.

Luckily for you, I still have it on my DVR ... haha ... here we go:

Wayne having his body directly towards Manning (the ball is about 3/4 of the way to him by now): http://picasaweb.google.com/Daquixlet/McGe...503472904568850

P.S. you were saying about Wayne having his back to the ball until the very last second???

Wayne has now caught the ball and McGee (a second after Wayne caught it) flaps his arms and nearly falls over: http://picasaweb.google.com/Daquixlet/McGe...503513895108626

837507[/snapback]

Nice pics. :lol:

Maybe he could have look a fraction of a second earlier. But sometimes you get beat by a better play. Moral of the story, the Bills held a hall of fame QB & wr and another elite wr to 6 completions and 1 td. Every team in the league would cream their pants for that. More importantly, McGee seemed to get his confidence back and that can only lead to good things in the future.

Nice pics.  :lol:

Maybe he could have look a fraction of a second earlier.  But sometimes you get beat by a better play.  Moral of the story, the Bills held a hall of fame QB & wr and another elite wr to 6 completions and 1 td.  Every team in the league would cream their pants for that.  More importantly, McGee seemed to get his confidence back and that can only lead to good things in the future.

837513[/snapback]

I cant argue with that. One thing I will say though is this : McGee gave up 4 catches a TD to a good 2nd WR ... Clements pretty much COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN a HOF WR.

What a joke. Peyton threw a great ball. No doubt. Im a big Peyton Manning fan. But the facts are that McGee did a few things.

1. He played him tight ... GOOD JOB!

2. He turned too late ... sorry

3. He starts flapping his arms AFTER THE BALL HIT WAYNE'S CHEST! Thats what makes me laugh the most.

837512[/snapback]

I never said he DIDNT' turn too late....but it's because Manning led Wayne before he turned around. In a short field like that, the receiver is always going to have the advantage in 1 on 1 coverage. When he makes his break, the CB has to react, which takes time.....just enough time where he's a TAD too late to get to the ball. It's perfect execution by the Colts. I think anyone who criticizes t-mac on that play is just nitpicking the game that our secondary had.

And he did not start flapping after the ball hit Wayne's chest! He took one big swipe at the ball and was just a bit too late....but he DID turn around and he DID try and knock it down.

I never said he DIDNT' turn too late....but it's because Manning led Wayne before he turned around. In a short field like that, the receiver is always going to have the advantage in 1 on 1 coverage. When he makes his break, the CB has to react, which takes time.....just enough time where he's a TAD too late to get to the ball. It's perfect execution by the Colts. I think anyone who criticizes t-mac on that play is just nitpicking the game that our secondary had.

And he did not start flapping after the ball hit Wayne's chest!  He took one big swipe at the ball and was just a bit too late....but he DID turn around and he DID try and knock it down.

837519[/snapback]

On some plays I would agree with you ... but listen to this. Champ Bailey plays balls great, because he doesnt read the WR, he reads the ball (paraphrasing a commentator) ... he watches what the ball is doing. Not what the WR is doing. Manning throws that ball about 1 second after he snaps it. Yet it takes McGee 3 seconds to adjust. If he was watching the play he would have realized from the very first second the ball was coming HIS WAY ... why do you think the Colts dont score EVERY time they try that play? Becaus a lot of CB's realize what is happening in time to bat it down.

On some plays I would agree with you ... but listen to this. Champ Bailey plays balls great, because he doesnt read the WR, he reads the ball (paraphrasing a commentator) ... he watches what the ball is doing. Not what the WR is doing. Manning throws that ball about 1 second after he snaps it. Yet it takes McGee 3 seconds to adjust. If he was watching the play he would have realized from the very first second the ball was coming HIS WAY ... why do you think the Colts dont score EVERY time they try that play? Becaus a lot of CB's realize what is happening in time to bat it down.

837521[/snapback]

There is NO play where a team scores every time they run it....I don't understand that point at all :lol:

On THIS particular play, the whole thing was exectued to near perfection. If the pass isn't perfect, it's either OOB, knocked down, or picked.

There is NO play where a team scores every time they run it....I don't understand that point at all  :lol:   

On THIS particular play, the whole thing was exectued to near perfection. If the pass isn't perfect, it's either OOB, knocked down, or picked.

837524[/snapback]

You could make the same arguement that if McGee had turned around in time, that he could have actually picked it off with that "perfect" throw. Heck the ball was only two foot away from him.

You could make the same arguement that if McGee had turned around in time, that he could have actually picked it off with that "perfect" throw. Heck the ball was only two foot away from him.

837525[/snapback]

I'd have to see the replay again, or pics that were from ground level (and that weren't photoshopped!), but I think the ball had just enough height that McGee couldn't get to it anyway.

I do have Adobe Elements, but I assure you that I did not touch those photos.

837530[/snapback]

I dunno....seemed like it took you a while to post them! :lol: