Down goes another GOP talking point

Well, if the concern truly is about illegal immigrants taking 'yer jib, then the under 18 & over 64 aren't likely candidates for that.

Unless the true concern is about the effect the brownies are having on the American culture (whatever that is)

836862[/snapback]

DEY TUK ER JEEEEERBS!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God it's ONLY $1,100,000,000 for people between those ages. How about those kids who are now US citizens who get food stamps, etc??

If you count all the illegals the # probably doubles. Now that's roughly $2,000,000,000. If you count all the tax payers in the country that actually pay taxes it's probably close to 80 million people making each tax payer pay $250 a year on people BREAKING THE LAW.

I would feel better if it went to disabled vets, not to people who are soaking our money. Next time you think $2,000,000,000 is nothing here's a suggestion: pay for it yourself!!!

Because people like myself know it's a sham and a fraud you pay for it you bleeding heart buffoon.

837487[/snapback]

Your post is full of stats and numbers you've made up, and you call me a buffoon? If the total cost to the taxpayers is $11 each, how does their burden jump to $250 each if the total cost increases by less than half (which you pulled out of your ass, anyway)? The easy answer, of course, is that you are a fool.

Also, if the undocumented workers between the ages of 18 and 64 are less of a burden on healthcare than a naturalized citizen in the same age group, why wouldn't the trend hold for the under-18/over-64 population? The answer of course, is that the trend probably would hold. To be conservative, let's just say that their cost would be equal to any other child or senior citizen in this country. It certainly wouldn't be more.

Additionally, as the sample was taken from around LA, a region that many would consider abundant with undocumented workers, it is probably inflated. To err on the conservative side, the study increases the estimated total cost by 25%. So, not only is the cost most likely a bit lower than the estimate, the cost to the individual taxpayer is probably less than the $11 each that the study arrives at.

Your problem is that not only did you not bother to read any part of the study, you also refuse to believe the numbers because they don't fit your own "observations." That's makes you a god-damned idiot.

You don't live in southern CA do you?  Of course that's what I'm saying.  You know how many come here pregnant knowing that any child born here becomes a citizen and pretty much guarantees free passage for the whole family?  And don't get me started with the overcrowded schools with kids who don't even speak english.

837076[/snapback]

I do not live in So Cal. But, I'm totally insulated from illegal immigrants in NYC. They don't know how to swim to get on an island.

I also never understood why brown folk from Cuba are ok, while the ones from Mexico are a no no.

Castro bad, Fox good.  Duh.

837706[/snapback]

Got it.

So, if Lopez Obrador had won, and Mexican economy tanked, then he would be bad, and Mexicans would be welcomed with open arms?

I do not live in So Cal.  But, I'm totally insulated from illegal immigrants in NYC.  They don't know how to swim to get on an island.

I also never understood why brown folk from Cuba are ok, while the ones from Mexico are a no no.

837704[/snapback]

Ok so then you should understand why I feel it's not about them taking our jobs, it's about those not working overloading the system. Ever find yourself in an emergency room trying to get service and it's flu season? My wife did with an asthma attack. Got stuck behind illegals using the emergency room for the family doctor. She was there for 8 hours before they could take care of her.

And you know what really pisses me off. Is them DEMANDING things. They are in no position to DEMAND anything.

Ok so then you should understand why I feel it's not about them taking our jobs, it's about those not working overloading the system.  Ever find yourself in an emergency room trying to get service and it's flu season?  My wife did with an asthma attack.  Got stuck behind illegals using the emergency room for the family doctor. She was there for 8 hours before they could take care of her.

And you know what really pisses me off.  Is them DEMANDING things.  They are in no position to DEMAND anything.

837765[/snapback]

Not every hispanic person is an "illegal."

Ok so then you should understand why I feel it's not about them taking our jobs, it's about those not working overloading the system.  Ever find yourself in an emergency room trying to get service and it's flu season?  My wife did with an asthma attack.  Got stuck behind illegals using the emergency room for the family doctor.  She was there for 8 hours before they could take care of her.

And you know what really pisses me off.  Is them DEMANDING things.  They are in no position to DEMAND anything.

837765[/snapback]

Not much different than my wife waiting 4 hours to get treatment for a sliced finger in an emergency room in a hoidy toidy Upper East Side ER, with no illegals seemingly present.

They are not in a position to demand anything. However, they do have people who are in a position to vote for issues that benefit them. How did hard line anti-immigration platforms and candidates do last week? Sucks living in a democratic republic, no?

Not much different than my wife waiting 4 hours to get treatment for a sliced finger in an  emergency room in a hoidy toidy Upper East Side ER, with no illegals seemingly present.

They are not in a position to demand anything.  However, they do have people who are in a position to vote for issues that benefit them.  How did hard line anti-immigration platforms and candidates do last week?  Sucks living in a democratic republic, no?

837790[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. Not much different. Just a 100% longer wait time for something that she could have died from versus a cut finger. What issues benefit them? Amnesty for all of them. Here are some figures (couple years old actually) that paint a scary picture for CA.

It's not going to get any better.

How did hard line anti-immigration platforms and candidates do last week?  Sucks living in a democratic republic, no?

Especially when said democratic republic won't lift a finger to protect itself from an invasion almost no other nation would tolerate. How do you think Iran would respond, if we shipped all our illegals there? Or Japan, or China, or any of a host of other nations?

Especially when said democratic republic won't lift a finger to protect itself from an invasion almost no other nation would tolerate. How do you think Iran would respond, if we shipped all our illegals there? Or Japan, or China, or any of a host of other nations?

837805[/snapback]

Turkey deals with it from the Kurds out of Iraq, China deals with it from the North Koreans.

You tell me how do they handle it?

Why do you assume he was talking about hispanics?  He could have meant illegal canadians, french, russians? 

Just as you called him out, you are just as guilty stereotyping.

837791[/snapback]

Have you bothered to read any of the rest of the thread, man? The study dealt with primarily hispanics. Chef Jim and GG are arguing about hispanics. And the entire debate about undocumented workers in this country is centered around hispanics. I've mentioned numerous times in many other threads that deporting all undocumented workers in this country would mean a whole helluva lot of other ethnic groups would go as well, and got roundly ignored. But score one for you for adding "clarity" to this thread. :lol:

Here are some figures (couple years old actually) that paint a scary picture for CA. 

It's not going to get any better. 

837801[/snapback]

What I got out of it is that if not for immigrants, California would see a net outflow of people, and be on a path to fiscal ruin given the demographic trends and a happily spending government.

I wonder why these action groups rarely focus on the positive impact of immigrants and "illegals" on the current and future economy?

What I got out of it is that if not for immigrants, California would see a net outflow of people, and be on a path to fiscal ruin given the demographic trends and a happily spending government.

I wonder why these action groups rarely focus on the positive impact of immigrants and "illegals" on the current and future economy?

837854[/snapback]

Once again you don't live here. I have for nearly a quarter of a century. I was in the middle of one of the industries most involved in hiring illegals so I know, I've seen it, I've lived it. I've seen their positive impact AND their negative impact. It is my opinion (yes opinion) that the negative greatly outweighs the positive. Also I don't think there would be a net outflow of people. Maybe the over spending and over taxation by the government can be attributed to the large number if illegal inflows which has chased business out of CA in droves.

Have you bothered to read any of the rest of the thread, man?  The study dealt with primarily hispanics.  Chef Jim and GG are arguing about hispanics.   And the entire debate about undocumented workers in this country is centered around hispanics.  I've mentioned numerous times in many other threads that deporting all undocumented workers in this country would mean a whole helluva lot of other ethnic groups would go as well, and got roundly ignored.  But score one for you for adding "clarity" to this thread.  :lol:

837833[/snapback]

We're not arguing, we're discussing issues over a nice bottle of wine. Have you not read my avatar? :D