Mother throws toddler into traffic.

Tux of Borg

Photo and article.

Mother Faces Charges After Throwing Toddler Into Traffic

A Roselawn mother has been charged with doing the unthinkable, throwing her child into the street and oncoming traffic.

It happened early this morning on Seymour Avenue.

Police allege the suspect was involved in a verbal altercation with the young boy's father and that then the child allegedly became part of his mother's rage.

Police say she picked her child up and threw him out onto a busy road.

"I woke up to them arguing in the street," Jermaine Gamble, a witness, told 9News. "He was grabbing his son and she was trying to get her son back."

Just moments before, 21-year-old Rebe Cobbins' son Danontre, thought to be as young as two-years-old, had been thrown onto busy Seymour Avenue.

When 9News asked if the mother seemed to realize what she had done, Gamble responded, "She was crying, saying she was sorry and all that. But the baby's Daddy wasn't having it, he was going to take his son back."

The incident happened at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning outside Cobbins' apartment complex in the 1600 block of Seymour.

No came to her door Saturday night.

It's not known how close any cars came to hitting the boy.

Gamble told 9News that the boy's father quickly retrieved the child out of the street, and the boy likely didn't even realize what had happened to him.

"The kid is alright," said Gamble. "He wasn't banged up or any thing."

The boy's mother is facing one count of domestic violence and is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.

She was released from jail on a $5,000 bond.

I'm not really a death penalty guy, but this seems like a bit less-than-adequate of a punishment for tossing a baby into traffic.

The boy's mother is facing one count of domestic violence and is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.

She was released from jail on a $5,000 bond.

I was fuming when I read a similar story about a "road rager" getting out of his car, grabbing a woman's dog from her car, and doing the same thing that happened to the kid. There are some evil fuks in the world....

I'm not really a death penalty guy, but this seems like a bit less-than-adequate of a punishment for tossing a baby into traffic.

836634[/snapback]

Criminal justice would work much better if they just made me Emperor.

5 years in prison, zero rights to the child for life and tying her tubes would be sufficient.

Some people should just be shot, no questions asked.

836649[/snapback]

Agreed. What more do you need to know about this psychotic beyotch? If you're willing to throw your own KID into TRAFFIC, what WOULDN'T you be capable of? The time I spent as a counselor for Charter proved to me that people are willing to do crazy sh--. And in all honesty, a lot of it I could understand.... the vast majority of the people who were seeking help were only a danger to themselves. I don't have a hard time empathizing with these people. But the minute you start setting your sights on others - especially when it comes to children - my empathy and understanding turns to hatred and anger.

I would love to follow this kid and see what he's doing twenty, thirty years from now. To be able to look back on his life knowing that it could have never gone beyond this disgusting act.....

Criminal justice would work much better if they just made me Emperor.

5 years in prison, zero rights to the child for life and tying her tubes would be sufficient.

836651[/snapback]

What also bothers me, is only $5k for bail. Attempted murder, $5K bail?

I know they said domestic violence, but .......... ;)

What she did was attempted murder and should be charged as such. I don't care if it was during a demostic despute or not, she threw a very young child into the street. It shouldn't even matter how old the child is either, it is worse that the child was 2 and can really defend themselves. Unfortunatly they are just going to let her go on an insanity plea, or just require her to go to counseling and she'll get her kid back in a couple years.

I was fuming when I read a similar story about a "road rager" getting out of his car, grabbing a woman's dog from her car, and doing the same thing that happened to the kid. There are some evil fuks in the world....

836644[/snapback]

That was in San Jose, CA on the road outside the airport. The traffic was always bad there (since fixed) and the woman in front o him stopped quickly. He tapped her bumper. He went over to her car and she had a bijon-frize (sp??), one of thise lap dogs. It jumped on he lap. The guy reached in the window and tossed it out into the street. He ended up gettingb several years in jail.

There is a woman now on trail for tossing her 3 kids into SF bay last year. She said god told her to.

That was in San Jose, CA on the road outside the airport. The traffic was always bad there (since fixed) and the woman in front o him stopped quickly. He tapped her bumper. He went over to  her car and she had a bijon-frize (sp??), one of thise lap dogs. It jumped on he lap. The guy reached in the window and tossed it out into the street. He ended up gettingb several years in jail.

There is a woman now on trail for tossing her 3 kids into SF  bay last year. She said god told her to.

837481[/snapback]

Yep, it was a Bichon....My family has one of those, which only made me even more upset when I read it. Bichon's are about the friendliest dogs you'll ever come across. I'm glad to hear he got jail time.