bob dicesare's buffalo news article

rolly

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041007/3050737.asp

-how dare dicesare defend mularkey in any way. His team is undisciplined and the three losses come from mistakes as well as attitude, things that can be correctable with a good, disciplined coach.

-as much as I hate his philosophies, I'm starting to wish Donablow would've hired Coughlin :rolleyes:

But He is totally right in that the players have the last responsibility on that...we blame coaches, TD, etc for everything on this board when really we have the talent to be a very good team..that talent needs to quit f'en around and get their heads out of their asses...

I think Mularky has the pedigree to be a damn good coach and I for one will not pass judegement on him after 3 games .... this adversity could be a blessing in disguise too....

another thing that really bothers me about mularkey is that like gregg williams, he shows little emotion.

-get in one of your players' faces, jump up and down when you make a big play, fire up your team, DO SOMETHING

-primarily get pissed off and show your players who's boss and let them know through actions not words, that if you do something stupid (fletcher, clements) you will be punished

-quit tryin to make friends and start winning football games

another thing that really bothers me about mularkey is that like gregg williams, he shows little emotion.

-get in one of your players' faces, jump up and down when you make a big play, fire up your team, DO SOMETHING

-primarily get pissed off and show your players who's boss and let them know through actions not words, that if you do something stupid  (fletcher, clements) you will be punished

-quit tryin to make friends and start winning football games

60156[/snapback]

Definatly.

Billick, Cowher, and Parcells among others see red when idiotic mistakes are made.

For every one coach who yells, I can name TWO who dont.

Its a fallacy of the worst order that YELLING=WINNING. It doesnt.

And as far as Mularkey being "soft" or any judgement on him at all after three games, its downright silly. How many coaches, INCLUDING Parcells and Bellichick didnt start off too well? Andy Reid was given up for as a complete innefective soft clown after his first few weeks in Philly. How has he been since?

Lets be rational and give Mularkey a chance. Its not like hes got the '92 Cowboys to work with here.

How many super bowls have Cowher and Parcells won lately?  What does that have to do with winning.

60190[/snapback]

The theory is if you minimize egghead mistakes, you increase the chances of winning. Idiot moves like kicking dead balls and performing some sort of goofy dance rite resulting in penalties, changes in the ball spot and so forth is something children do. And when grown men who earn hefty paychecks go ahead and do such things, they deserve to be admonished. Immediately.

The theory is if you minimize egghead mistakes, you increase the chances of winning.  Idiot moves like kicking dead balls and performing some sort of goofy dance rite resulting in penalties, changes in the ball spot and so forth is something children do.  And when grown men who earn hefty paychecks go ahead and do such things, they deserve to be admonished. Immediately.

60210[/snapback]

I don't see Tony Dungy or Andy Reid yelling too much. But I'd love to see the Bills in the position those teams have been in.