This Drunk Down the Road

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 100% true. And think about it, how many non-drinkrers lose there liver? Most everyone who gets a transplant is a drunk

836685[/snapback]

I wanted to stay out of this one, but this troll is sooooo wrong it's actually funny.

Trust me, they most certainly do not give transplants to drug addicts and drunks. There is an extensive screening process, complete with psycoanalysis to judge you stable enough to go through the process. I would know, I have a transplant.

Sorry to re-hijack the hijacked thread... :lol:

I wanted to stay out of this one, but this troll is sooooo wrong it's actually funny.

Trust me, they most certainly do not give transplants to drug addicts and drunks. There is an extensive screening process, complete with psycoanalysis to judge you stable enough to go through the process. I would know, I have a transplant.

Sorry to re-hijack the hijacked thread... :lol:

838334[/snapback]

You have a transplant and that makes you an expert on who gets them?

Try something shocking like research and you will find that someone with ALD can't just say it's 5 minutes to 3, I want a new liver and get it.

838445[/snapback]

Hell, for that matter, even watch medical dramas on TV like House and they're portrayed accurately.

I don't understand how anyone who is tuned into popular culture doesn't get this.

You have a transplant and that makes you an expert on who gets them?

838419[/snapback]

Welcome to the board.

Of course, I'm not an expert. But I have direct experience in the selection process, which means I likely know more than you.

So there... ;)

Welcome to the board.

Of course, I'm not an expert. But I have direct experience in the selection process, which means I likely know more than you.

So there... :w00t:

838970[/snapback]

Thanks, and maybe you do, but didn't someone already post on this thread that alcoholics were getting livers? And they put up a source, was that a false source or something?

Thanks, and maybe you do, but didn't someone already post on this thread that alcoholics were getting livers? And they put up a source, was that a false source or something?

839452[/snapback]

Pretty much anything Catchescannonballs says can be assumed to be B.S. TRUST ME, there are no drug abusers getting livers unless they are super duper rich like David Crosby...