JayFromDC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks...

837359[/snapback]

:lol:

Actually I'd have to rank yourself and Dan Gross as tied for the top spot....BGiM a very close second. Oh, and I think I'd put J.Coli up there in the mix, too.

Tampa Bay has had an AWFUL offensive line for 2-3 years, and this year's version is even WORSE.

Cadillac Williams, the big-time rookie RB of last year, averages 80 yds/game behind that patchwork line of scrubs.

How does this relate to Losman?

Here's how. Tamps's line is AT LEAST as bad as ours.

and YET, some NOBODY named Gradkowski came in after Simms went down and played BETTER in his first few games EVER than Losman has in 3 years of his career.

MY point is that you can make excuses all day long for Losman. The long and short of it is that the kid cannot read defenses, and is indecisive with the football. He's lost.

It's the MENTAL part of the game that he stuggles with. This is why his "accuracy" is off. He doesn't know where the WR will be on a lot of plays. Thus, the ball goes high or wide of the mark a lot.

Time to wake up, Losman fans. The NFL is the "big boy league." You had BETTER know what you're doing out there, quick. This kid lacks leadership, decision making ability, and confidence. He will never get it.

Remember Akili Smith? Sometimes I think I'm seeing Smith QB the Bills.

Assuming the stats at nfl.com are accurate, yes.

837950[/snapback]

wow. the kid definitely isnt playing to his potential, but really... i dont think he is playing 'bad'. with our current offensive philosophy and sh------- oline, id almost suffice it to say that he is playing decent.

during the colts game, his numbers were looking like peytons divided by 3. they flashed the comparison and their yards per attempt were almost identical. our red zone offense is just horrible though.

837921[/snapback]

Nope. Smith was horribly mishandled by the B'gals. A very tough competitor, thrown to the wolves, same as the b'gals did to Kingler a few years hence. JP has some warts - we all know that. We know about the supporting cast, and hope for some improvement there.

Tampa Bay has had an AWFUL offensive line for 2-3 years, and this year's version is even WORSE.

Cadillac Williams, the big-time rookie RB of last year, averages 80 yds/game behind that patchwork line of scrubs.

How does this relate to Losman?

Here's how. Tamps's line is AT LEAST as bad as ours.

and YET, some NOBODY named Gradkowski came in after Simms went down and played BETTER in his first few games EVER than Losman has in 3 years of his career.

MY point is that you can make excuses all day long for Losman. The long and short of it is that the kid cannot read defenses, and is indecisive with the football. He's lost.

It's the MENTAL part of the game that he stuggles with. This is why his "accuracy" is off. He doesn't know where the WR will be on a lot of plays. Thus, the ball goes high or wide of the mark a lot.

Time to wake up, Losman fans. The NFL is the "big boy league." You had BETTER know what you're doing out there, quick. This kid lacks leadership, decision making ability, and confidence. He will never get it.

837921[/snapback]

Oy, you're going to get picked apart by the JP apologists who will cite any statistic to make JP look like the better QB (even though JP has been around for 3 seasons and Gradkowski about 6 games).

Gradkowski is a good comparison but really, JP should be well ahead of Bruce. If you actually watch the games though...you can see that Gradkowski has NFL skills. He can throw the ball into tight coverage over the middle with very good accuracy. Another interesting comparison will be Jason Campbell for the Redskins. He was a late 1st round pick,,,,this is his 7th different offensive system in 7 straight years (dating back to his freshman year in college),,,,he plays behind what the experts will say is a below avg offensive line AND he will be without his top RB , Clinton Portis. NO way should he be successful in his first few starts but we'll see.

I think the Bills should look at a MAC conference QB as a Mid to low round pick. Luke Getsy of Akron comes to mind. He reminds me of Gradkowski and i guess Charlie Frye a bit since they both played there. Buffalo should give him a look come draft day.

Oy,  you're going to get picked apart by the JP apologists who will cite any statistic to make JP look like the better QB

837954[/snapback]

When the OP comes in talking about JP's "accuracy" problems, isn't it fair to look at completion percentages of the QBs he's talking about? BTW, not a JP "apologist", just sick of watching the revolving door of QBing as fans and management think that if we can just find the right guy to put under center everything will magically be better. It wouldn't break my heart if the team decided to cut ties with Losman after the season, but I think I'll lose it if we use our first-rounder on another QB.

wow. the kid definitely isnt playing to his potential, but really... i dont think he is playing 'bad'. with our current offensive philosophy and sh------- oline, id almost suffice it to say that he is playing decent.

during the colts game, his numbers were looking like peytons divided by 3. they flashed the comparison and their yards per attempt were almost identical. our red zone offense is just horrible though.

837951[/snapback]

Isn't there a reason why both the GM and HC of the team have come out and openly mentioned that Losman is actually progressing every week. They understand the real problems with this teams offense and know that they need

another free agency and draft to fix that side of the team.

DC Tom had glockenspeil.

And it's tough to be funny when you've got a thousand posts in a month.  :lol:

837980[/snapback]

I don't know, with that kind of volume you'd expect at least a few hits.