Let's just face it

JayFromDC

IS just not the answer. Anytime you have to devise a game plan in which your QB doesn't even throw for 90 yards that means you pretty much don't believe in him. And if you don't believe in him hell, let's go with the 3rd stringer and see what he could do, JP losman reminds me alot of Kyle Boller in Baltimore, rocket arm but can't read defenses, pocket awareness is terrible and is turnover prone.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS just no the answer.  Anytime you have to devise a game plan in which your QB doesn't even throw for 90 yards that means you pretty much don't believe in him.  And if you don't believe in him hell, let's go with the 3rd stringer and see what he could do, JP losman reminds me alot of Kyle Boller in Baltimore, rocket arm but can't read defenses, pocket awareness is terrible and is turnover prone.

836368[/snapback]

IS just no the answer? Of course not. I think it's the question.

IS just no the answer.  Anytime you have to devise a game plan in which your QB doesn't even throw for 90 yards that means you pretty much don't believe in him.  And if you don't believe in him hell, let's go with the 3rd stringer and see what he could do, JP losman reminds me alot of Kyle Boller in Baltimore, rocket arm but can't read defenses, pocket awareness is terrible and is turnover prone.

836368[/snapback]

Please tell me how terrible he is in the turnover game he is again??? Three games Chicago (3 ints), Detroit (1 int, 1 fumble) & NE (1 Int, 2 fumbles)....

He very well may not be the answer, but let me see... Give me a 15-40 game or two so I can agree with all you naysayers and be happy to boot him out.

I mean hell if the Redskins finally woke up and realized that Mark Brunell had to sit his ass down, I think it's about time for us to do the same, we seem to be the only team that will just sit there and do nothing about our QB situation until people literally lose their jobs man

IS just not the answer.  Anytime you have to devise a game plan in which your QB doesn't even throw for 90 yards that means you pretty much don't believe in him.  And if you don't believe in him hell, let's go with the 3rd stringer

836368[/snapback]

J. P. is a good soldier who can hand the ball to Anthony Thomas 28 times a game. Your third stringer might be able to do the same thing. We will find out if two guys get hurt.

It is not a question of belief.

I mean hell if the Redskins finally woke up and realized that Mark Brunell had to sit his ass down, I think it's about time for us to do the same, we seem to be the only team that will just sit there and do nothing about our QB situation until people literally lose their jobs man

The difference is Brunell is on the downside of his career and isn't the future. Campbell COULD be the future. Nall hasn't shown enough to be the 2nd string QB, much less a starter.

Forgive Jay from DC. We both live in an area where people have been calling for a change in the QB position for a LONG time.

I believe it's simple. They drafted a ton of defensive players last year... this year it better be o-lineman, WRs and of course they have to land the biggest, badest, best free agent o-lineman.

JP, like all QB's needs protection. And not the protection from whatever he could catch on Chippewa Street.

I guess it is time to risk the season and throw JP into overdrive. He can use his scrambling skills and what experience has gained so far to show what he can do from here on out. I am still hopeful he is good, but at this stage there is only one way to find out. I say unleash him for the rest of the season and if he doesn't cut it we can go in another direction. I hate thinking like this...but if he doesn't cut it our draft selection should get considerably better.

836379[/snapback]

What are you talking about? The Redskins aren't making this move because of bad play by Brunell, they are doing it for their investment. The problem with the Skins has been their Defense.

And in regards to the Bills. JP is really a half year behind because of all of the crap that happened last year. He needs the year. And if they followed your idea, who would they bring in? Nall a guy who has what? 1 maybe 2 starts? Or Holcomb who we all know is not the answer?

The difference is Brunell is on the downside of his career and isn't the future.  Campbell COULD be the future.  Nall hasn't shown enough to be the 2nd string QB, much less a starter.

836398[/snapback]

Brunell was playing better than Losman this year.

I say unleash him for the rest of the season and if he doesn't cut it we can go in another direction.  I hate thinking like this...but if he doesn't cut it our draft selection should get considerably better.

836491[/snapback]

tennesseeboy has it right. 

836515[/snapback]

There will be no unleashing. He is executing the game plan (except for the one or two crucial plays that determine victory). There is no other direction.

Yes, I am tiresome.

Green Bay, Indy and now Houston coming up. Three ho-hum defenses in the NFL. Let's see what JP and the offense can do vs. Houston. If he still can't produce points in the red zone then i hope he can get good value for his North Buffalo home because he will be working in another city next season. Look for Mario Williams to have his breakout day against our O-line and deer in the headlights QB.