Fan Think

I 90

GG - The St. Louis point is well made. At Colorado State Fairchild had a few All - Conference running backs but on the whole those Sonny Lubick teams used whatever talent was at their disposal. The Alouettes however were one of the best three down running teams of their era. Alot of CFL teams then ran the ball (not the crazy a** game it is today) and I suspect that Marv had success because his teams did it better. ( interweb support to come)

And you guys better stop talking about the tight ends. That would be another Marv directional surprise in next years draft. Tight ends lead to giant H- Backs which of course leads us back to the DELAWARE WING T. Don't give the man any ideas !!! His first major signing was Robert Royal, after all.

I still need to be convinced that the next few weeks (years ?) are going to be more about scoring points than running clock.

Bills front office = getting paid and making money on sell outs and merchandise.  Which translates into being patient and trying to build a team slowly at the cost of this and probably next season.

837731[/snapback]

This is what makes Marv and company true mavericks -- I would argue that being patient and building a team slowly work against making money and selling out. This offense of willfull restraint that they run is not, and will not be, a stadium filler if they continue to lose.

Marv is running wild and contrarian in his last go at it. Admirable, but risky.

I am getting tired of the idea that the coaching staff is either "holding back" Losman or waiting for he or his offensive line "to develop". That he should be given the season to show us something. That at some point the "light will come on". Classic Fan-think.

In another thread I surmised that JP's future is not the most important thing in Marv's world. It is entirely possible that what we are seeing is THE BILLS OFFENSIVE PLAN regardless of what might transpire in the next seven games. The timelines are out of sync for for JP, his O-Line, and especially the defense to arrive at the same time.

Think of Marv (who ran a Delaware Wing T in Kansas City) hiring Dick Jauron (who ran the Bears into the ground) who hired Steve Fairchild (who as a running backs coach put Travis Henry in the Pro Bowl). I will dig up the post in which Marv talks of his 41 rushing attempts per game Kansas City days as a means to improve his teams " mentality and toughness", if anyone needs it.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a bad defense so that JP can be "turned loose" in the passing game -- we just saw two of those. What the Bills are running now just might be the offense that we will be seeing for the next couple of years as Marv shapes the personnel in ways that fans haven't even imagined.

836347[/snapback]

Levy is the Genral Manager. Not the head coach. Not the offensive coordinator. Not the QB coach. He does not call the plays, ever.

Please stop referencing what Marv did in KC back in the 70's as if it were relavant to anything that happens today.

Get a grip. :lol:

Levy is the Genral Manager.  Not the head coach.  Not the offensive coordinator.  Not the QB coach.  He does not call the plays, ever. 

Please stop referencing what Marv did in KC back in the 70's as if it were relavant to anything that happens today. 

Get a grip.  :lol:

838390[/snapback]

It's likely that Levy DOES have a say. Jauron seems like the kind of guy that would use him as a resource and as a mentor. If he lets Marv steer the ship for the time being that means they WILL ger the right personell for a plan most likely strenuously and methodically devised by a pair of Ivy Leaguers.

Get a grip.  ;)

838390[/snapback]

It's likely that Levy DOES have a say.

838438[/snapback]

The Bills can settle me down easily enough by getting more than 10 first downs and ninety yards passing this week. That would go a long ways in helping me get a grip.

And the most important position in this era of salary cap football ? The Quarterback ? The Left Tackle ? Nope. It is the General Manager.

Ugh... Genius and the Bulldog are standing on Losman's neck again this afternoon, talking about a Leinart like messiah to "change the culture". They just don't get it. The process is underway. It is ugly to watch, but long live Levy-Jauron Think.