Will the coaches ever resolve the QB position?

generaLee83

Any QB in the league (1st, 2nd or 3rd string) can "manage" a game as has been seen in many NFL games.

Recently this is the position that Losman has been put in, a "short leash" if you will. What the reasoning is we'll never know, unless Dick Jauron is your father or something.

I do not want to hear the coaches at the end of this season say "we're not too sure about the QB situation, JP really wasn't given much chance to prove himself. We're going to give him next year or at least the off season and pre-season to prove himself."

If this is the case it is no ones fault but Jaurons and the coordinators. I don't care who the hell the QB will be next year, I want a definitive approach.

JP hasn't been given enough rope to either hang himself or save himself recently.

I say give him all the damn rope in the world and let him go at it.

Any QB in the league (1st, 2nd or 3rd string) can "manage" a game as has been seen in many NFL games.

Recently this is the position that Losman has been put in, a "short leash" if you will.  What the reasoning is we'll never know, unless Dick Jauron is your father or something.

I do not want to hear the coaches at the end of this season say "we're not too sure about the QB situation, JP really wasn't given much chance to prove himself.  We're going to give him next year or at least the off season and pre-season to prove himself."

If this is the case it is no ones fault but Jaurons and the coordinators.  I don't care who the hell the QB will be next year, I want a definitive approach.

JP hasn't been given enough rope to either hang himself or save himself recently.

836338[/snapback]

I have a question for you.......Do you think that JP can ever possibility develop into being as good as Trent Green?

Personally, I never thought all that much of Green, but he was able to run a leading offense for many years. He (imo) was able to do this because he had a great OL, a great supporting cast, and a great coach. If that team even had a good defense, they probably would have contended for the superbowl.

My point is not that Losman is good; it is simply that WAY too much emphasis is placed on the qb position. Imo there are a few standouts, and the rest of these guys are about (not exactly) the same in terms of overall production.

I can't understand how so many fans think that all it takes is a great quarterback, and a team is an instant winner.

Were there exceptions? Yes. Elway and Marino come to mind. I don't think that the "Marks" brothers (Clayton and Duper) would have been as good with a different, non-superstar qb., nor do I think that the pre-T. Davis Broncos were stacked with talent.

What the Bills need is an OL and more weapons at TE and WR. They need a DT who can stop the run, and some depth at LB. A better quarterback would help, but for how long? I am surprised that JP has lasted this long behind this motley crew.

When (and if) the Bills dominate the LOS, good things will happen.

Jmo.

836338[/snapback]

"Going at it" is not in the game plan. It may never be in the game plan. This team wants to run the ball, because it wants to run the ball -- not because it wants to protect Losman.

If he can get used to 15-20 attempts per game, provide "chunkability" and a touchdown pass every other game, he can be here for the Jauron era. Get used to it.