Lee ain't happy

Evans is getting just as fed up with this offense as the rest of the world it seems, and I don't think I've ever really heard him speak up about anything. If this continues why would any of our guys even want to resign with us? Do you think free agent offensive players are going to want to come here when our own guys think we stink? Lets just go nuts and throw the ball around, what's the worst that happens? We lose, like we've been for the past weeks? Do we end up 4-12 rather than 5-11 or 6-10? Im not going to tell you JP is the guy or that he's anything more than garbage, I really don't know, we have nothing around him and a coach who can't seem to make up his mind about how he wants to go about things. That and I can't gauge a performance on 13 passes

Do you think free agent offensive players are going to want to come here when our own guys think we stink?

Let's squash this bullshitt right here and right now. Money talks... and they follow the money. Loyalty, allegiance mean zero. If Ralph shows them the money... they will come... mark that down in your book.

Let's squash this bullshitt right here and right now.  Money talks... and they follow the money.  Loyalty, allegiance mean zero.  If Ralph shows them the money... they will come... mark that down in your book.

836420[/snapback]

Untrue. Players of Lee Evans caliber also want to be seen as a star. It opens up a world of opportunity beyond their football salary.

Untrue.  Players of Lee Evans caliber also want to be seen as a star.  It opens up a world of opportunity beyond their football salary.

836529[/snapback]

Players of Lee's caliber should know to run their routes beyond yard markers and fight for tough yards as well.

I like Evans a lot, but I think even considering all the good things he's shown (great deep threat, excellent hands and body control), he still must master the "little things" about the WR position before he can be of the caliber of guys like Holt, Harrison, Smith, Owens, and Moss. I just hope he doesn't master these things on another team's roster.

Players of Lee's caliber should know to run their routes beyond yard markers and fight for tough yards as well.

I like Evans a lot, but I think even considering all the good things he's shown (great deep threat, excellent hands and body control), he still must master the "little things" about the WR position before he can be of the caliber of guys like Holt, Harrison, Smith, Owens, and Moss.  I just hope he doesn't master these things on another team's roster.

836536[/snapback]

The problem is he's not getting the opportunities to hone his skills and take his game to the next level on this team the way the offense is being run. Personally I hope he's patient and grows with the team and doesn't become a problem, but I see the potential.

I like Evans a lot, but I think even considering all the good things he's shown (great deep threat, excellent hands and body control), he still must master the "little things" about the WR position before he can be of the caliber of guys like Holt, Harrison, Smith, Owens, and Moss.

Not to mention recognizing the blitz and cutting off his route.

I have to agree with Dr. Tooth.  Money speaks.

836532[/snapback]

Not at QB & WR..... No way they are coming to a team that will not/can not/has no interest in passing the ball.

Could you imagin TO, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn, Steve Smith coming to a team where on a good day they will see 6 balls come there direction.

Sunday Evans was thrown to 6X (4 catches, 1 pass interfernece and a long incompletion). Wow....

Can you imagine the fun in the huddle when the play comes in from the sideline (AT run right).

Let's squash this bullshitt right here and right now.  Money talks... and they follow the money.  Loyalty, allegiance mean zero.  If Ralph shows them the money... they will come... mark that down in your book.

836420[/snapback]

I agree wth you that money talks and does so quite loudly (one would be a fool not to listen at all and deal with the financial aspects of compensation for your work).

However, as foolish as it would be to ignore the fact that money talks, it would be just as foolish to conclude that it means the same thing to everyone and that allegiance and loyalty mean zero to everyone.

Not only is there variation which is detectable and which should be taken into account by a fan regarding different players, but even regarding the same players, allegiance and money have a different priority for them at different times in their life and it simply makes for incorrect predictions to assume falsely that it has the same value.

One can have a situation like a Ryan Leaf where as soon as he signed the big contract his effort went south or a player like a Garrison Hearst who despite being set for life worked like a demon to rehab himself so he could play again.

Do you really believe one size fits all?

Even in cases where the basic personality of a player is set. Some folks claimed that we would never get any production out of Sam Adams as he was well into the backside of his career and seemed to take a lot of time off during the game.

Yet. he was offered more by other teams (based on what folks were saying they offered) but signed with the Bills and for a couple of seasons played well enough to get a Pro Bowl nod and various folks remarked that with the Bills he seemed to take a lot fewer plays off.

In the end, the Bills seem to make a judgment that he was now even older and that he had demonstrated he would not take orders if the D changed to a scheme which demanded something from him other than what he wanted to do.

However, one would be incorrect to simply claim that their is some singluar of static reaction to the money/effort question even for this individual at different points wth different teams and even more incorrect to claim that Sam Adams, London Fletcher, Willis McGahee and TKO would have exactly the same zero allegiance response to any given situation.

Evans is getting just as fed up with this offense as the rest of the world it seems, and I don't think I've ever really heard him speak up about anything. If this continues why would any of our guys even want to resign with us? Do you think free agent offensive players are going to want to come here when our own guys think we stink? Lets just go nuts and throw the ball around, what's the worst that happens? We lose, like we've been for the past weeks? Do we end up 4-12 rather than 5-11 or 6-10? Im not going to tell you JP is the guy or that he's anything more than garbage, I really don't know, we have nothing around him and a coach who can't seem to make up his mind about how he wants to go about things. That and I can't gauge a performance on 13 passes

836228[/snapback]

Just out of curiousity...what is this based on?

I'm going to guess its this article where he says the same thing everyone on the team has been saying

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

836799[/snapback]

Let it be known that the "TEAM" is not happy with the way the offense has played. I would hope they wouldnt be. Why would a OL or DL hope to come to buffalo? Maybe they know that is the best place that gives them a chance to start. I believe that is most players dream is to start for a team in the NFL. So, we bring in some replacements, hope they are able to JELL and play as a unit....... and our offensive begins to play as we all hope they can!