So it's begun...

Tux of Borg

Photos

They're almost sure to get booted off the property, but for the time being, the crew camped out at an Atlanta, Georgia area Best Buy is camping in style. Not only are they armed with some serious console entertainment, they have a DVD player and a real life woman who is bringing them meals three times a day.

Photos

They're almost sure to get booted off the property, but for the time being, the crew camped out at an Atlanta, Georgia area Best Buy is camping in style. Not only are they armed with some serious console entertainment, they have a DVD player and a real life woman who is bringing them meals three times a day.

836109[/snapback]

If these people had remotely any intelligence, they could work harder and pay someone more money to buy it on ebay.

If these people had remotely any intelligence, they could work harder and pay someone  more money to buy it on ebay.

836128[/snapback]

If they were intelligent why would they pay more money for it.

What's the over/under on people being hurt/trampled when the doors open?

Photos

836109[/snapback]

By real life woman you mean their mothers right?

If they were intelligent why would they pay more money for it.

What's the over/under on people being hurt/trampled when the doors open?

836380[/snapback]

The majority of stores are handing out tickets to purchase a unit those that waited so there won't be any trampling.

By real life woman you mean their mothers right?

836410[/snapback]

Quite possibly... B-)

I took it as:

Vs. a virtual woman...

Then again, there is a female (or what appears to be) in the first photo...

Probaby a nerd that doesn't know any better to not associate with such Picard loving losers...

Hope it rains on their sorry arses... Betcha, their nerdy butts never took into consideration that electronic gadgets don't fair to well when exposed to the elements... Maybe one will grab a plugged in outlet... :lol:

:lol:

If these people had remotely any intelligence, they could work harder and pay someone  more money to buy it on ebay.

836128[/snapback]

Or they could spend the couple days in line to get the system, and then sell it on E-bay to an even bigger loser who is willing to pay 10x what the first person paid for it just so they could be the first to have one.

I never buy a console until its been out for a while, games have accumulated for it, all the bugs have been worked out, and the price drops to a more reasonable amount.

I'm curious as to what this new device will do beyond current products. Seems the current ones, and their available software already provide all the violence, hate, and sex to satisfy even the most hard-core vicarious closet-dwellers. :lol:

837797[/snapback]

Pretty much provide better graphics so all the sex violence and hate are that more realistic, and the games will be even more fun

P.S. They are going for over $3,200 right now on Ebay

So Say you get one for the $600 the stores will sell them at, thats a $2,600 profit for camping out with some friends to buy a video game system, Yeah they seem to be the dumb ones

OK....will someone with more knowledge of this stuff explain some things to me?

- Right now we have a playstation II....have had it for years and it has done ok....never really used it to play movies just games.....kids have liked it (I have a 14 and 11 year old)

- I heard that the Playstation III was having problems and that it didn't play old games and that it was going to cost like a zillion dollars and you cant get it......so I went ahead and bought a XBOX 360 bundle from Costco....paid like 400 dollars for a bundle that included the XBOX with a hard drive....two controllers...some other stuff and a game. Basically the whole setup

Was this a good move....how much better is XBOX360 then what I had.....and is the Playstation III really going to be better as it doesn't play the old games?

Also got the "Gears of War" game....as some younster at Circuit City said it was a must for XBOX 360 and nobody would have it as we got closer to Christmas.

Help!

I heard the PS3 was going to play older PS games.

AS for XBox 360 or PS3, I think its all personnal preference. The XBox uses HDDVD so it will play those DVD movies too, while the PS# has the BluRay technology and will be able to play those. Right now XBox 360 has had time to work most of the bugs out of it unlike PS3 that will now take a little while to work all the bugs out. AS for games, most systems have the same games for them so their really isn;t much of a difference.

The only advantage I see with the XBox 360 is that since its a microsoft product, its basically just an advanced desktop computer for gaming and can be upgraded with bigger Harddrives and such.

I heard the PS3 was going to play older PS games.

AS for XBox 360 or PS3, I think its all personnal preference. The XBox uses HDDVD so it will play those DVD movies too, while the PS# has the BluRay technology and will be able to play those. Right now XBox 360 has had time to work most of the bugs out of it unlike PS3 that will now take a little while to work all the bugs out. AS for games, most systems have the same games for them so their really isn;t much of a difference.

The only advantage I see with the XBox 360 is that since its a microsoft product, its basically just an advanced desktop computer for gaming and can be upgraded with bigger Harddrives and such.

839119[/snapback]

Not entirely...

"Flaws trip PlayStation 3 launch

New unit can't play some older games

BY HIROKO TABUCHI | THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TOKYO - Sony's new PlayStation 3 can't play some of the games designed for previous generations of the popular console, the latest misstep for the stumbling electronics company as it faces off in a crucial, three-way war with Nintendo and Microsoft."

But how can that be? After all, it's Japanese... ;)

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...150335/1003/BIZ