on to next week

dave mcbride

Plantar fasciitis sucks. I had that senior year of college....it won't heal with the schedule he keeps. It makes it very difficult to run with. It's one of those things that takes forever to get loostened up and about 10 seconds to get tight again.

PS I can't wait to see Moulds on the other side of the ball.

Plantar fasciitis sucks.  I had that senior year of college....it won't heal with the schedule he keeps.  It makes it very difficult to run with.  It's one of those things that takes forever to get loostened up and about 10 seconds to get tight again. 

835743[/snapback]

Is Moulds still in this league?

never joke about sage rosenfels. that's really bad karma.

835871[/snapback]

I'm not joking about Rosenfels. I'm talking about the Bills' inability to solve the guy last year.

God, am I glad Jerry Gray is gone.

BTW, karma clearly does not exist in football. If it did the douchebags would never win. And we know that's not the case. :doh:

I'm not joking about Rosenfels.  I'm talking about the Bills' inability to solve the guy last year.

835903[/snapback]

Take the air out of the ball. Shorten the game. Keep Sage off of the field, he was better against the Bills last year than Manning was last week.

I wish that was only a joke. Texan injuries won't fix what's broke.

Hey guys.....Texans fan stopping by to talk about the upcoming game. With the way our season has gone, I'm not really sure how to look at this one. We're coming off a win against the Jags (I love beating the Jags) - so we may have the confidence, but that game cost us some players. What are yall's thoughts on this one?

P.S. I was rooting for you against the Colts last week. Wish y'all could have pulled that one off....

Hey guys.....Texans fan stopping by to talk about the upcoming game.  With the way our season has gone, I'm not really sure how to look at this one.  We're coming off a win against the Jags (I love beating the Jags) -  so we may have the confidence, but that game cost us some players.  What are yall's thoughts on this one?

P.S.  I was rooting for you against the Colts last week.  Wish y'all could have pulled that one off....

836278[/snapback]

A Texan Fan? How do you like being the first at something ? :doh::D:blush:

Plantar fasciitis sucks.  I had that senior year of college....it won't heal with the schedule he keeps.  It makes it very difficult to run with.  It's one of those things that takes forever to get loostened up and about 10 seconds to get tight again. 

835743[/snapback]

I think Neufeld has that.

Hey guys.....Texans fan stopping by to talk about the upcoming game.  With the way our season has gone, I'm not really sure how to look at this one.  We're coming off a win against the Jags (I love beating the Jags) -  so we may have the confidence, but that game cost us some players.  What are yall's thoughts on this one?

P.S.  I was rooting for you against the Colts last week.  Wish y'all could have pulled that one off....

836278[/snapback]

I have no earthly idea how this game's going to go. I thought the Texans were a joke team, and then you guys go and beat Jacksonville. I thought the Texans didn't have fans, but here you are. It seems I've been underestimating your team.

The Bills have a middle of the road defense that seems better at stopping the pass than stopping the run. The Bills' punting unit is the finest in the league--perhaps because it sees the field so often. The Bills' special teams unit as a whole is strong.

Onto, um, uh, what we like to call the "offense." It's important that people see the "offense" label, because otherwise they'd have no way of knowing that this particular unit is supposedly responsible for moving the ball down the field.

The left side of the Bills' offensive line is decent to good at run blocking, but that's about the only positive thing you can say about our excuse for an offensive line. The Bills' quarterback--Losman--has been kept on so short a leash the past few weeks, and has been asked to do so little, that some are starting to wonder what we have or don't have in him. He only had 13 pass attempts against the Colts, and there's considerable debate as to how much of that's a lack of confidence in him, how much a lack of confidence in the pass protection of the offensive line, and how much is out of respect for Indy's pass defense.

The Bills' starting running back is injured, so he's been replaced with a big, physical back in the form of Anthony Thomas. The Bills' receiving corps is hard to figure out. There's a lot of speed, but for the most part that speed hasn't translated into production. Whether that's the fault of the receivers, the pass protection, or the quarterback, is a subject open for debate.

The one positive I can say about our offense is that it's generally been good about not turning the ball over. Granted it's the 31st ranked offense in the league, but at least turnovers have been rather low.

How strong would you say the Texans team is this year? How good is your pass rush, your running game, your offensive line, etc.?

836278[/snapback]

Welcome aboard. What's my thoughts on this one? It's the battle of the only two teams to have not made the playoffs this decade. Buffalo is lacking in quality football players, and if you put both your offensive line and our offensive line on the field at the same time, Carr or Losman would still get sacked by a 4 man rush. PS, thanks for Mike Williams ;)

836278[/snapback]

McGahee is also apparently done for this game but Thomas has shown some good stuff as his reserve the last two weeks. The Bills passing game has been ineffective for reasons folks love to debate, but Jauron has been able to use the running game as a tool to play coinservatively and keep us in the game.

If the opponent plays well enough the Bills implode as they did when Lindell missed a makeable FG last week and the opponents win. If the opponent is not very good as GB demonstrated the week before, they implode at a key point and the Bills win.

Particularly as the opppnent this week is a banged up Texans squad, I think many Bills fans see the implosion we play around working in our favor this week.

A lot of the gameflow will be deterined by ST play. Thuis can be figured out with analysis of a variety of stats but is more easily ascertained by talking to anyone knowledgable and objective about how this portion of the game works. The Bills also feel good about this aspect as the punt game revolves around Brian Moorman who has oddly been the most valuable Bills in our limited # of wins, McGee has struggled at times at CB but has been superb as a return guy, Lindell missed a makeable FG on Sunday, but has been remarkably solid as a placekiceker and even better as a kick-off guy this year and on punt returns, Parrish has been a reliable punt catcher who has yet to be a weapon as a return guy but has a few nice catches as the #3 WR. You can tell us as a Texan watcher how your ST is, but against a not very good team which can flip the field with their offensive performance like Indy, I suspect the opponents will be fighting all game to get field position.

Finallly, another factor which is difficult for us outsiders to gauge for sure is that as both seasons are effectively over for both teams and the motivation of the players which can make the marginally better or worse will likely have to come from their infividual athletic pride and from their individual desire to get big contracts.

As far as team spirit goes, it may be the case that the Texans will want to build on their win. I think more likely though as there is no there there for either team it would not surpirse me if the Bills individuals are actually more motivated coming off a tough loss than the Texans may well be since they won a game they were expected to lose.

We'll see.