"Some" Supporters here of JP are TOO protective

Mr. T

Seriously...new front office, lost his #1 receiver to free agency, patchwork offensive line. 

Who in their right mind believed Losman would have a breakout year this year?  :blink:

835714[/snapback]

I'm not willing to waste away another year "developing" JP in the hopes that he might account to a hill of beans. He is a 3rd year pro on a rebuilding team. Plenty of other QBs have been in his position and had some degree of success and progession. Plenty of other QBs have been in his position and fallen flat on their face. The fact of the matter is that 50% of all 1st rd QBs are busts, clinging onto false hopw just because he was a 1st rounder is rediculous. Cut your loses and move on.

Uuuhhhhh, I for one "hoped" he would.

I know, I know, it's ALL the OL faults, and the coaches fault, and the GM fault, and the WR fault, and the trainers fault, and Jerry Sullivan's fault for writing mean things about him.  But it can't be JP's fault.

835768[/snapback]

I dont recall anyone saying, "JP has no fault or hasnt made any mistakes." It seems to most are saying (including myself) JP is not ALL the problem. So, lets give up on him, start someone else.........instead of letting him get playing experience that can carry over till next season when hopefully he will have more help! Unless you forget there are 11 players on that field whom all have some type of assignment to fulfill........Now if JP was ALL WAYS costing us the game because of turn overs, I may agree with a change. But he is not. It is not his fault the coaching staff has no confidence in the OL pass protection. He cannot control the play calling, I am sure he is restricted on the audibles that he allowed to call.

Am I protective........no! I just am able to look at the WHOLE picture as it presents its self. With that, I form an oppinion. Is it wrong, thats up to you. But I can guess with your FB savy I am. :blink:

I'm not willing to waste away another year "developing" JP in the hopes that he might account to a hill of beans. He is a 3rd year pro on a rebuilding team. Plenty of other QBs have been in his position and had some degree of success and progession. Plenty of other QBs have been in his position and fallen flat on their face. The fact of the matter is that 50% of all 1st rd QBs are busts, clinging onto false hopw just because he was a 1st rounder is rediculous. Cut your loses and move on.

835815[/snapback]

And I was one of the first to label JP a bust...so don't come cryin' to me.

As many busts are probably caused by bad teams as contribute to bad teams, though. Tim Couch's biggest problem was that he played in Cleveland, for example...

Yes, and for better or worse, Flutie would play his game, not necessarily the coaches', and it made for some divisiveness in that locker room.  Also, once his game was figured out, he was easy to shut down with a spy.

835794[/snapback]

That's a bunch of crap. In his last career start with the lousy Chargers, he led them to 42 points, the most in 10 years. Flutie was 21-of-29 for 248 yards, ran for 2 TD, threw for 2 more and had no interceptions.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031109_MIN@SD

In the season finale of his last year as a starter, he threw for 377 yards.

Sure wish defences could "figure" out Loserman and "shut him down" like they did Flutie.

That's a bunch of crap.  In his last career start with the lousy Chargers, he led them to 42 points, the most in 10 years.  Flutie was 21-of-29 for 248 yards, ran for 2 TD, threw for 2 more and had no interceptions. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031109_MIN@SD

In the season finale of his last year as a starter, he threw for 377 yards.

Sure wish defences could "figure" out Loserman and "shut him down" like they did Flutie.

835840[/snapback]

Believe what you will, but tons of players have filled in and had a good game here or there. Once teams could game-plan for Flutie and he was the main guy under center, he was easy to stop. Nice context, btw, because Flutie started the next game even though the one you posted was apparently his last start. :doh: Care to look at the next game?

Flutie was phenomenal against the Vikings, accounting for four touchdowns, but wasn't so great against the Broncos.

He was 9 for 25 for 70 yards with an interception and two fumbles. He at least improved over the first half, when he was 3 for 12 for 15 yards with a quarterback rating of 4.9.

BTW, the "Loserman," "Loseman," "Lossman" sh-- gets real old, real quick. For one, you crybabies should standardize and choose one. Then, perhaps when you pass sixth grade, you could come up with better analyses and skip the namecalling altogether.

Believe what you will, but tons of players have filled in and had a good game here or there.  Once teams could game-plan for Flutie and he was the main guy under center, he was easy to stop. 

If he was so easy how the hell did he end up with a 38-28 career record with less than stellar teams? That is not a game here or there.

http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?a...etail&bio=11532

You are right. I was wrong about the 2003 game being his last. It wasn't that one I posted where he was AFC Player of the week or the one you posted where he lost on the road at Denver. I'd forgotten that his last start was in 2004 in a 24-17 win against KC. (13 for 22 for 199 yds 1 td run and 1 td pass). My point still strongly stands. Even at an ancient age, Flutie was never "figured out". He was (and still is) a far better QB than the stiff that is wearing his number

Loserman supporters are pathetic for supporting a guy who can only dream of his team scoring 24 offensive points.

Now that is funny.  A cereberal QB like Brees takes 3 years to become a good QB because it took his smart brain that much time to understand the game, where as one has to expect a guy who was raw coming out of college to show that he is mentally strong after his 16th game through two bloody years. 

Losman has not been the savior of this team as every one wanted him to be. However, to put the entire blame on him for this offensive mediocrity is just idiotic.

835589[/snapback]

You are right, Mr. T was putting the entire blame for all the offense's problems squarely on Losman alone. His statement that, "I know the OL is bad" didn't mean anything.

I agree....Fairchild should open up this offense and let those guys go have some fun..They are going to feel the pain with the INTs and FUmbles, but at least they will know whether they have their QB of the future or not.

835591[/snapback]

Agreed 1,000,000%