"Some" Supporters here of JP are TOO protective

Mr. T

Like many here, I believed JP would have a breakout year. I wanted it, I waited for it, I still want him to turn things around, "But" let's be real.

I know the OL is bad, but it ain't all on them. When the coaches limit the offense to 13 passes to protect the QB, or lack of confidence, the defense has a tremendous advantage over the poor fools (OL) trying to make something out of nothing. The OL is not helping JP, but JP ain't helping the OL or anyone else either. Defenses have little to no respect for JP and the Bills offense so they are coming into the game with confidence they are going to shut us down. JP hasn't done a thing yet to change that attitude.

I am a die hard Bills fan, have been for 40 years, and always will be. But I ain't blind either. I've watched JP, and I see what I see, a young QB that has a lot of physical tools, but little to no feel for the game. That sounds like another young QB the Bills sent packing a few years. RJ anyone? Remember how Bills fans kept waiting for things to click for him? It never did.

Oh by the way, remember how the OL that looked so horrible for RJ suddenly became a lot better with the midget QB?

I'm not completely ready to give up on JP, yet. A certain QB in New Orleans took a couple of years to come around. The big difference between Brees and JP is important to keep in mind. Brees does not have the physical tools but he is football smart. JP has the tools but hasn't shown much yet mentally.

The question is, how long do the Bills wait for the game to finally come to JP? The Bills have a lot of areas that need improving, but there is no position as important as the QB. A good QB cures a lot of ills, and our QB is pretty sick himself right now. Get well soon JP, or get out of the way!

The O-line is that bad, and actually it IS pretty much all on them. That being said, I'm not impressed positively or negatively with Losman, in that we haven't seen much of his play this year. I guess we are out of the playoff picture about now, so let's see what he can do, even with no pass protection. If we had won on Sunday and were still a longshot playoff hope, I'd suggest DJ keep doing what he did...minimize our pass protection deficiencies and rely on the running game and a running clock to maximize our opportunities. Doesn't matter so much now, so let's see what JP has.

When the coaches limit the offense to 13 passes to protect the QB, or lack of confidence, the defense has a tremendous advantage over the poor fools (OL) trying to make something out of nothing. 

835573[/snapback]

If the defense has the advantage over the OL pass protection, they would have concentrated in stopping the run....They did not...They gave up 110 yards to A-Train.

A certain QB in New Orleans took a couple of years to come around.  The big difference between Brees and JP is important to keep in mind.  Brees does not have the physical tools but he is football smart.  JP has the tools but hasn't shown much yet mentally.

835573[/snapback]

Now that is funny. A cereberal QB like Brees takes 3 years to become a good QB because it took his smart brain that much time to understand the game, where as one has to expect a guy who was raw coming out of college to show that he is mentally strong after his 16th game through two bloody years.

Losman has not been the savior of this team as every one wanted him to be. However, to put the entire blame on him for this offensive mediocrity is just idiotic.

The O-line is that bad, and actually it IS pretty much all on them.  That being said, I'm not impressed positively or negatively with Losman, in that we haven't seen much of his play this year.  I guess we are out of the playoff picture about now, so let's see what he can do, even with no pass protection. If we had won on Sunday and were still a longshot playoff hope, I'd suggest DJ keep doing what he did...minimize our pass protection deficiencies and rely on the running game and a running clock to maximize our opportunities.  Doesn't matter so much now, so let's see what JP has.

835580[/snapback]

I agree....Fairchild should open up this offense and let those guys go have some fun..They are going to feel the pain with the INTs and FUmbles, but at least they will know whether they have their QB of the future or not.

Like many here, I believed JP would have a breakout year.  I wanted it, I waited for it, I still want him to turn things around, "But" let's be real.

I know the OL is bad, but it ain't all on them.  When the coaches limit the offense to 13 passes to protect the QB, or lack of confidence, the defense has a tremendous advantage over the poor fools (OL) trying to make something out of nothing.  The OL is not helping JP, but JP ain't helping the OL or anyone else either.  Defenses have little to no respect for JP and the Bills offense so they are coming into the game with confidence they are going to shut us down.  JP hasn't done a thing yet to change that attitude. 

I am a die hard Bills fan, have been for 40 years, and always will be.  But I ain't blind either.  I've watched JP, and I see what I see, a young QB that has a lot of physical tools, but little to no feel for the game.  That sounds like another young QB the Bills sent packing a few years.  RJ anyone?  Remember how Bills fans kept waiting for things to click for him?  It never did.

Oh by the way, remember how the OL that looked so horrible for RJ suddenly became a lot better with the midget QB?

I'm not completely ready to give up on JP, yet.  A certain QB in New Orleans took a couple of years to come around.  The big difference between Brees and JP is important to keep in mind.   Brees does not have the physical tools but he is football smart.  JP has the tools but hasn't shown much yet mentally.

The question is, how long do the Bills wait for the game to finally come to JP?  The Bills have a lot of areas that need improving, but there is no position as important as the QB.  A good QB cures a lot of ills, and our QB is pretty sick himself right now.  Get well soon JP, or get out of the way!

835573[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with what you said. JP has not shown me anything to think he will even be an average QB. Some of the supporters see him throw 3 nice balls in a game and are so impressed. He hasn't done anything that any backup QB in the NFL can't do. He cannot throw down the middle of the field, he can't read a defense on the fly, he has no awareness in the pocket, he's awful in the red zone, he has no ability to elude the rush or roll away from pressure and he's not that accurate (i.e. deep ball to Evans yesterday was a joke). I won't even get into his leadership qualities because i like the kid.

Is the Bills O-line playoff caliber? NO. Are they as bad as they look? No. Plenty of NFL teams have serious problems on the O-line. Apparently they are good enough to give A-Train back to back 95 and 100+ yd weeks. A-train with his two previous clubs had 40 carries for 80 yards.

Before the O-line shuffle, I would agree with your analysis that JP and the blocking together shared equal fault. But the past 2 games he has not had a fair shake as the blocking has just been horrible. Jauron has stated driectly himself that he hasn't lost as much faith in JP as he has the pass protection. My biggest issue isn't just goes getting beat but them letting D-lineman running free at the QB. Those missed assignments are unexcusable. As far as the comparison between RJ and Flutie and JP, there is none. RJ would run out of bounds for a loss or take unneccessary sacks rather than throw the ball away; he seemed more concerned about his passing percentage. JP has just been getting smacked after 2-3 seconds with no quick passing play calls. And he will throw the ball away on occasion. As far as Flutie goes he was allowed to rollout the pocket and make plays happen but even he wasn't consistent; he was just at his best when a play breaks down and at ad-libbing; something JP has been taught not to do.

I pretty much agree with what you said.  JP has not shown me anything to think he will even be an average QB.  Some of the supporters see him throw 3 nice balls in a game and are so impressed.  He hasn't done anything that any backup QB in the NFL can't do.  He cannot throw down the middle of the field, he can't read a defense on the fly,  he has no awareness in the pocket, he's awful in the red zone, he has no ability to elude the rush or roll away from pressure and he's not that accurate (i.e. deep ball to Evans yesterday was a joke).  I won't even get into his leadership qualities because i like the kid.

Is the Bills O-line playoff caliber? NO.  Are they as bad as they look? No.  Plenty of NFL teams have serious problems on the O-line.  Apparently they are good enough to give A-Train back to back 95 and 100+ yd weeks.  A-train with his two previous clubs had 40 carries for 80 yards.

835602[/snapback]

The Bills o-line has not even been high school caliber, even if you think Losman is a horrible qb. The coaching staff overhauled the o-line midseason for God's sake. If you look at each game we've played where we struggled, you're hard pressed to see consistent protection and/or consistently good run blocking. You see bits and pieces of it, just like you see with JP. So, as a whole, this offense is what it is. As for Thomas and his rushing stats, you're talking two games, two games I'm happy as a clam to see some positive rushing, but was the line play stellar in the red zone? I think Losman has tremendous pocket "awareness". He's pretty aware that the pressure will be in his face most plays, except for those times when the pressure comes from his blindside and seperates him from his senses.

So, no consistent protection, no consistency in the run game, no consistency in seperation for the receivers all seems to lead to what we have--we face defenses week in/week out who don't have ANY respect for any element of our offensive game. And, why should they?

I'm not apologizing for Losman, but it's a team game. I'd love to see him carryn the Bills on his shoulders, but that is not going to happen. I seeno way it could happen. You have the coach coming out and talking about game planning to the strength of his team (or more accurately to play away from the strenght of the Colts) and one more opportunity presents itself to toss that issue on Losman. Do they have faith in him? Seems to me like they have no faith in the offense.

As far as Flutie goes he was allowed to rollout the pocket and make plays happen but even he wasn't consistent; he was just at his best when a play breaks down and at ad-libbing; something JP has been taught not to do.

835613[/snapback]

I'd say Flutie's 21-9 record was pretty consistent. He clearly demonstrated that a good QB can function with a mediocre offensive line. The JP Loserman bashers have it completely right. He is beyond terrible. He is a direct clone of the other sack prone long haired loser QB from California that Bills fans put up with for far too long.

Like many here, I believed JP would have a breakout year.  I wanted it, I waited for it, I still want him to turn things around, "But" let's be real.

I know the OL is bad, but it ain't all on them.  When the coaches limit the offense to 13 passes to protect the QB, or lack of confidence, the defense has a tremendous advantage over the poor fools (OL) trying to make something out of nothing.  The OL is not helping JP, but JP ain't helping the OL or anyone else either.  Defenses have little to no respect for JP and the Bills offense so they are coming into the game with confidence they are going to shut us down.  JP hasn't done a thing yet to change that attitude. 

I am a die hard Bills fan, have been for 40 years, and always will be.  But I ain't blind either.  I've watched JP, and I see what I see, a young QB that has a lot of physical tools, but little to no feel for the game.  That sounds like another young QB the Bills sent packing a few years.  RJ anyone?  Remember how Bills fans kept waiting for things to click for him?  It never did.

I'm not completely ready to give up on JP, yet.  A certain QB in New Orleans took a couple of years to come around.  The big difference between Brees and JP is important to keep in mind.  Brees does not have the physical tools but he is football smart.  JP has the tools but hasn't shown much yet mentally.

The question is, how long do the Bills wait for the game to finally come to JP?  The Bills have a lot of areas that need improving, but there is no position as important as the QB.  A good QB cures a lot of ills, and our QB is pretty sick himself right now.  Get well soon JP, or get out of the way!

835573[/snapback]

The rest of the season and a couple next year.

I'd say Flutie's 21-9 record was pretty consistent.  He clearly demonstrated that a good QB can function with a mediocre offensive line.  The JP Loserman bashers have it completely right.  He is beyond terrible.  He is a direct clone of the other sack prone long haired loser QB from California that Bills fans put up with for far too long.

835656[/snapback]

Remember it is a team game and while we won a few games the 2-3 years Flutie was here a lot of those games were won by the defense. The offense would just get us by. That is why he was replaced. Enough about RJ and Flutie; while JP may not be able to carry this team and live up to some peoples expectation, he is pretty much following the learning curve of an average NFL QB and he is far from the worse QB in the league as some make him out to be. The only way you give up on a 1st round QB with under 20 starts is if he constantly loses games by throwing int's, making stupid mistakes and is completing less than half his passes. JP doesn't fall under that type category. If you complete 60% of your passes when given time to throw then you at least have a chance to make it in this league. But you can't expect any QB to put up great numbers when he has no blocking, poor offensive scheme, or playmakers. I'll bet if you look at the Chargers message board 3-4 years ago I'll bet they bashed Drew Brees nonstop. Guess what JP is playing better than Brees did to this point and he never had the best RB in the league on his team; just a self perceived one!

835573[/snapback]

Seriously...new front office, lost his #1 receiver to free agency, patchwork offensive line.

Who in their right mind believed Losman would have a breakout year this year? :blink:

Seriously...new front office, lost his #1 receiver to free agency, patchwork offensive line. 

Who in their right mind believed Losman would have a breakout year this year?  :blink:

835714[/snapback]

Uuuhhhhh, I for one "hoped" he would.

What I don't agree with concerning how some view JP is I don't consider him to be a rookie. Too many folks around treat him as though he "just" stepped out of college. He's been in the "NFL" now for almost 3 years. Granted he was hurt his "rookie" year. But he was able to stand on the sidelines and supposely learn that entire first year. Last year he got his chance, did very poorly, was yanked by a coach that was a worse coach than JP was a QB. This year is his "third" year away from college and he only seems to get worse. I know, I know, it's ALL the OL faults, and the coaches fault, and the GM fault, and the WR fault, and the trainers fault, and Jerry Sullivan's fault for writing mean things about him. But it can't be JP's fault.

Who in their right mind believed Losman would have a breakout year this year?  :blink:

835714[/snapback]

Moulds was never JP's #1 WR to begin with. That's why Moulds choose to leave. Evans was and still is the #1 receiver.

835573[/snapback]

Yes, and for better or worse, Flutie would play his game, not necessarily the coaches', and it made for some divisiveness in that locker room. Also, once his game was figured out, he was easy to shut down with a spy.

I think if Losman's mobility was met halfway and treated as an asset rather than a complete fallback mechanism, you might see more success. I can't for the life of me figure out the lack of designed rollouts and the constructive use of some of his talents.

I do understand the need to develop his pocket-passing game, but you need a pocket for that to happen, and in the meantime you're trying to fit a bit of a square peg into a round hole.

Moulds was never JP's #1 WR to begin with.  That's why Moulds choose to leave.  Evans was and still is the #1 receiver.

835778[/snapback]

He left because he got tired of the one consistent thing that has happened at One Bills Drive over the past decade---chaos. He's a multi-millionare, if he's smart, he saved some money and that's not the issue. Why play another year or two or more in a place that has yet to be straightened out. I thought Moulds was a great Buffalo Bill, and an awesome recevier, but have no hard feelings about him deciding to get out. Think of us like the Patriots and their ability to attract and keep solid players (at least until recently), only the opposite. Pinning that on Losman is short-sighted.

Now that is funny.  A cereberal QB like Brees takes 3 years to become a good QB because it took his smart brain that much time to understand the game, where as one has to expect a guy who was raw coming out of college to show that he is mentally strong after his 16th game through two bloody years. 

Losman has not been the savior of this team as every one wanted him to be. However, to put the entire blame on him for this offensive mediocrity is just idiotic.

835589[/snapback]

Drew Brees actually went 6-1 in his first seven games as a starter so there was an obvious reason for optimism.

He left because he got tired of the one consistent thing that has happened at One Bills Drive over the past decade---chaos. He's a multi-millionare, if he's smart, he saved some money and that's not the issue.  Why play another year or two or more in a place that has yet to be straightened out.

835799[/snapback]

So he goes to...Houston. :blink: