One more Losman post

PhilsBills

Hello all. One thing that I have not seen mentioned in the multitude of Losman posts that really bothers me is this: During the game yesterday, the camera crew shows peyton sitting down with his receivers looking over pictures from their previous (unsuccessful) drive. They mentioned that with the "no huddle" offense indy runs, this is really the only time he has an opprotunity to talk to his offense.

Later in the game, they show Losman after (another unsuccessful) drive. He is sitting by himself. He is talking to nobody. He is looking at nothing. He looks as if he is feeling sorry for himself. I can take the mistakes and the growing pains of a young unproven QB, but it drives me nuts to see no fire from Losman or any of the offensive players.

A big part about being a team is communicating with your teammates and soliciting advice as to how to make things work. I remember when we drafted JP that alot of writers, etc talked about his swagger and cockiness. All I see is a withdrawn and beaten QB. I didn't expect us to win yesterday, but I do expect some emotion and "pep-talking" from the supposed leader of our team. IF he does it and others believe he means it, it will spread throughout the team and at the very least, I will have more pride in the undying support I give this team year after year. Not every team can be a champion, but at least show me you care as much as I do about the outcome each week. Rant over. GO BILLS!!!!

Hello all.  One thing that I have not seen mentioned in the multitude of Losman posts that really bothers me is this:  During the game yesterday, the camera crew shows peyton sitting down with his receivers looking over pictures from their previous (unsuccessful) drive.  They mentioned that with the "no huddle" offense indy runs, this is really the only time he has an opprotunity to talk to his offense.

Later in the game, they show Losman after (another unsuccessful) drive.  He is sitting by himself.  He is talking to nobody.  He is looking at nothing.  He looks as if he is feeling sorry for himself.  I can take the mistakes and the growing pains of a young unproven QB, but it drives me nuts to see no fire from Losman or any of the offensive players. 

A big part about being a team is communicating with your teammates and soliciting advice as to how to make things work.  I remember when we drafted JP that alot of writers, etc talked about his swagger and cockiness.  All I see is a withdrawn and beaten QB.  I didn't expect us to win yesterday, but I do expect some emotion and "pep-talking" from the supposed leader of our team.  IF he does it and others believe he means it, it will spread throughout the team and at the very least, I will have more pride in the undying support I give this team year after year.  Not every team can be a champion, but at least show me you care as much as I do about the outcome each week.  Rant over.  GO BILLS!!!!

835506[/snapback]

He only threw the bal 15 times yesterday. What is he going to talk about? "Hey, A train, when I hand you the ball, would you like it a little higher in your chest or a little lower in your belly?"

He only threw the bal 15 times yesterday. What is he going to talk about? "Hey, A train, when I hand you the ball, would you like it a little higher in your chest or a little lower in your belly?"

835511[/snapback]

How about getting together with the OC and the other offensive players and discussing what is working, what isn't working and what (if anything) can be done to make things work? Apparently, sticking with the game plan isn't working. I realize I singled out the WRs in my post, but I meant the offense as a whole. Talk to the OL. maybe they'll say I'm getting killed over here, we need to double Freeney, etc.

I guess you are of the opinion that it is cool to just sit on your arse and sulk when things aren't going right? :blink:

How about getting together with the OC and the other offensive players and discussing what is working, what isn't working and what (if anything) can be done to make things work?  Apparently, sticking with the game plan isn't working.  I realize I singled out the WRs in my post, but I meant the offense as a whole.  Talk to the OL.  maybe they'll say I'm getting killed over here, we need to double Freeney, etc. 

I guess you are of the opinion that it is cool to just sit on your arse and sulk when things aren't going right? :blink:

835540[/snapback]

This is as lame as the Wade Headset nonsense. If you were Losman, would you want to be anywhere near that useless OL?

Hello all.  One thing that I have not seen mentioned in the multitude of Losman posts that really bothers me is this:  During the game yesterday, the camera crew shows peyton sitting down with his receivers looking over pictures from their previous (unsuccessful) drive.  They mentioned that with the "no huddle" offense indy runs, this is really the only time he has an opprotunity to talk to his offense.

Later in the game, they show Losman after (another unsuccessful) drive.  He is sitting by himself.  He is talking to nobody.  He is looking at nothing.  He looks as if he is feeling sorry for himself.  I can take the mistakes and the growing pains of a young unproven QB, but it drives me nuts to see no fire from Losman or any of the offensive players. 

A big part about being a team is communicating with your teammates and soliciting advice as to how to make things work.  I remember when we drafted JP that alot of writers, etc talked about his swagger and cockiness.  All I see is a withdrawn and beaten QB.  I didn't expect us to win yesterday, but I do expect some emotion and "pep-talking" from the supposed leader of our team.  IF he does it and others believe he means it, it will spread throughout the team and at the very least, I will have more pride in the undying support I give this team year after year.  Not every team can be a champion, but at least show me you care as much as I do about the outcome each week.  Rant over.  GO BILLS!!!!

835506[/snapback]

Good post.

I am having serious doubts about JP's ability to handle the mental and emotional aspects of being an NFL QB.

It is the reason why I now think he is going to be a bust...and the lack of an OL is only accelerating his demise.