Drew Brees

Dante

..much as I am? Im not up on the cap room thing but would he have been signable by the Bills? He is starting to look like one of those qb's that has "it". I mean they type that has that little bit of magic to pull out wins. Get things done when it means the most. In the 4th quarter of the Steeler game yesterday with the Saints down by 14 he brought them back to score a td. When all recievers were covered he scrambled around until someone got open and found him. Saints stop Pittsburgh, get the ball back and Brees starts bring the Saints up the field again. It was really looking like he was going to pull it off but two beautiful passses were dropped that would have put New Orleans inside the 20 with a time out left. One drop by Copper and the other by Colston.

He also ended up 31/47 for 398 yds. Hell thats 3 games worth of passing for our outfit. :blink:

..much as I am? Im not up on the cap room thing but would he have been signable by the Bills? He is starting to look like one of those qb's that has "it". I mean they type that has that little bit of magic to pull out wins. Get things done when it means the most. In the 4th quarter of the Steeler game yesterday with the Saints down by 14 he brought them back to score a td. When all recievers were covered he scrambled around until someone got open and found him. Saints stop Pittsburgh, get the ball back and Brees starts bring the Saints up the field again. It was really looking like he was going to pull it off but two beautiful passses were dropped that would have put New Orleans inside the 20 with a time out left. One drop by Copper and the other by Colston.

He also ended up 31/47 for 398 yds. Hell thats 3 games worth  of passing for our outfit.  :blink:

835381[/snapback]

If by "it" you mean an offensive line sure. But not sure if that's included in the deal. BTW.............they lost. :doh:

If by "it" you mean an offensive line sure.  But not sure if that's included in the deal.  BTW.............they lost.  :blink:

835402[/snapback]

So Brees is average and their oline is why they scored 31 points on the road? Not saying thier oline isnt decent just saying that Brees is a very good qb thats all.

Haha Drew Brees. Yeah, I wish we had a QB who was good right out of college like Drew Brees. Why do we have to be patient when Drew Brees was great right away. Why are we so unlucky? Why give Losman 3 years when Drew Brees got "it" in his first. I guess we'll have to keep looking to find our Brees... :blink:

So Brees is average and their oline is why they scored 31 points on the road? Not saying thier oline isnt decent just saying that Brees is a very good qb thats all.

835412[/snapback]

And how many years did it take for Brees to become a good one ?

just to make sure everyone is on the same page, when N.O. is down by 14, Brees leads him team to 1 TD, but cant lead them to the tying score he is still amazing and has "IT" (did he steal IT from leinart, cuz matt's looked like sh-- the past few games)

But when the Bills are down by 2 TD's, and Losman leads a TD drive, but cant lead them on another to tie the game, he sucks.

Do i have that correct?

just to make sure everyone is on the same page, when N.O. is down by 14, Brees leads him team to 1 TD, but cant lead them to the tying score he is still amazing and has "IT" (did he steal IT from leinart, cuz matt's looked like sh-- the past few games)

But when the Bills are down by 2 TD's, and Losman leads a TD drive, but cant lead them on another to tie the game, he sucks.

Do i have that correct?

835478[/snapback]

I didnt start this thread as a comparison to the Bills. Just a comment on Brees. I never said anything about Losman, you did. I honestly dont know what to think of JP. What I see isnt good. Is it the line? Coaching, or him? I dont know enough to say really. Im not a coach or a NFL gm. All I know and all I said was that Brees looked good. It took him 3 years. So what. Hopefully JP looks so good after his 3rd year here.

Quitr correct Ramius. :blink: The thing is when Brees became available he had proven he was good. I don't care how long it took, but we could have gone after him KNOWING he was good. We still DON'T know if Losman is good or how long it will take to find that out. I do know while not setting the world on fire that Brees would perform better RIGHT NOW behind this same line. As for 2 years from now, who knows.?

I didnt start this thread as a comparison to the Bills. Just a comment on Brees. I never said anything about Losman, you did. I honestly dont know what to think of JP. What I see isnt good. Is it the line? Coaching, or him? I dont know enough to say really. Im not a coach or a NFL gm. All I know and all I said was that Brees looked good. It took him 3 years. So what. Hopefully JP looks so good after his 3rd year here.

835509[/snapback]

Don't you understand? anytime you post a thread like this the JP apologists are going to come to his rescue.... ya see, New Orleans' O-line gives Brees about 7 to 10 seconds to throw on every pass. He never has to make quick decisions on the run while thorwing with accuracy. Never mind that Brees was stuck on a mediocre to poor San Diego team for his first 16 starts and still threw for 60%, 3300 yds, 18 tds, 16 ints. You knew he was going to be decent.

I like JP but he is not good and hasn't shown me anything in any part of his game that tells me he will be good someday. If he threw more he would have a ton of INT's.

He also ended up 31/47 for 398 yds. Hell thats 3 games worth  of passing for our outfit.  :blink:

835381[/snapback]

Actually if you work it out and allow Losman to throw that many passes, using yesterdays game stats of 8/12 for 83 yards (according to TSN.ca) it works out comparable

DB - 31/47 for 398 yds

JP - 31/47 for 325 yds

So really, percentage wise they were identical, and yards wise they weren't to far off

Don't you understand?  anytime you post a thread like this the JP apologists are going to come to his rescue.... ya see, New Orleans' O-line gives Brees about 7 to 10 seconds to throw on every pass.  He never has to make quick decisions on the run while thorwing with accuracy.  Never mind that Brees was stuck on a mediocre to poor San Diego team for his first 16 starts and still threw for 60%, 3300 yds,  18 tds, 16 ints.  You knew he was going to be decent.

I like JP but he is not good and hasn't shown me anything in any part of his game that tells me he will be good someday.  If he threw more he would have a ton of INT's.

835536[/snapback]

Football is the ultimate team sport. That's why I like it so much, the whole is the greater of sum of it's parts. That is why every year there are great teams and there are crap teams, but this is due not to the quality of the individuals drafted, but how they are put together. Ever listen to a symphony? Close your eyes you can invision one large instrument, not a couple dozen individual instruments. Unfortunately we've been stuck listening to the elementary school band for the past several years. What it takes to create that world class symphony is very, very hard to replicate on the football field. And this is why following the game of football is so great, but following only one team for an extended period of time can make the hair turn prematurely gray.

Haha Drew Brees.  Yeah, I wish we had a QB who was good right out of college like Drew Brees.  Why do we have to be patient when Drew Brees was great right away.  Why are we so unlucky?  Why give Losman 3 years when Drew Brees got "it" in his first.  I guess we'll have to keep looking to find our Brees... :doh:

835427[/snapback]

Nice try...but Drew was showing signs of being good before his magic 3rd year.

Actually if you work it out and allow Losman to throw that many passes, using yesterdays game stats of 8/12 for 83 yards (according to TSN.ca) it works out comparable

DB - 31/47 for 398 yds

JP - 31/47 for 325 yds

So really, percentage wise they were identical, and yards wise they weren't to far off

835588[/snapback]

Holy sh--. You must have blown out your groin reaching for this one.

He also ended up 31/47 for 398 yds. Hell thats 3 games worth  of passing for our outfit.  :doh:

835381[/snapback]

i have always been a fan. i thought the chargers WAY overreacted to his growing pains during his 2nd and 3rd seasons. they guy's a winner and i am happy he's doing well in new orleans.

plus, he is throwing to a kid who used to be in my gym class! :D