How long until these players want out?

generaLee83

The following is not directing any sort of dislike to the mentioned players, I am merely trying to consider what will happen if they get sick of playing for Buffalo. It has to be getting quite old to be on such a pathetically inept team that appears to be regressing by every definition of the word. I do not want any of these players to push their way out the door but I think it will become a reality at seasons end. (don't quote me contract law , if a player wants out they usually can get traded or released)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

1. I feel that Lee Evans would be an amazing receiver on a team that actually attempts a pass every now and then. His progress is being held back by whatever you believe (bad O-line, bad QB, bad offensive philosophy, etc.). In interviews Lee maintains calm and cool and has great patience. How long until he (and understandably) wants out? How long until he realizes that he could have a whopper of a career somewhere else. huge 1000 yard seasons with multiple TD's. Not to mention become a contributor to a winning team. Lee Evans is an extremely special player that would go to consecutive pro-bowls anywhere else.

2. Willis McGahee, while many are critical of him just imagine what he could do with a solid O-line and a pass game that pulls the linebackers and safeties out of the box on occasion. He managed almost 1300 yards last year on this abysmal team, imagine elsewhere.

3. Next is Nate Clements, I think he's gone even if the Bills try to keep him. Why stay on a team that appears to be going nowhere as far as offensive production and points scored are concerned. This defense cannot win games every week for the Bills. I used to be a Clements hater but now I realize that once he's gone our secondary is in deep deep trouble, next draft will probably focus on DB's yet again.

This organization does not appear to have discipline/motivation issues now but if this team goes 3-13 it will be an ugly off season. You can't build if your foundation keeps giving out.

I am depressed.

It is really amazing how most people on this board believe by getting rid of the few decent players on this team will make us better. Spikes, Fletcher, Clements, Crowell, Tripplet, McGahee .. etc

834954[/snapback]

It's ridiculous I agree, there needs to be core players to build around. I sadly think that the core of this team is going to change in the off season and next year will be more rebuilding.

Forget the players. How long before the fans want out?

No Playoffs since 1999.

No Playoff Win Since 1995.

One Winning Season since 2000.

Since the last playoff appearance.....

2000- 8-8

2001- 3-13

2002- 8-8

2003- 6-10

2004- 9-7

2005- 5-11

2006- 3-6

Last 6 Seasons- 30-55

Last 7 Seasons- 42-63

The last playoff memory we have is "Home Run Throwback".

When is enough going to be enough? All I hear is how JP is OK, they played a close game, they have moral victories and stick with them or you are an idiot. The Bills suck and have sucked for 7 years now. The optimists are wearing blinders.

It's ridiculous I agree, there needs to be core players to build around.  I sadly think that the core of this team is going to change in the off season and next year will be more rebuilding.

834961[/snapback]

We have a core? Other than Lee Evans, I can't think of one guy who we would have a hard time replacing on the offensive side.

It is really amazing how most people on this board believe by getting rid of the few decent players on this team will make us better. Spikes, Fletcher, Clements, Crowell, Tripplet, McGahee .. etc

834954[/snapback]

I don't think that the poster was trying to imply that we should get rid of these guys but the fact that these guys will not want to stay with such a dysfunctional team that underutilizes their talents and future quality free agents will not want to come here. Spikes came here for he thought he saw a team with potential and a desire to win. That has been far from reality.

I do agree that some people are quick to bash our good players for either having a few bad games or the fact that don't play like Pro Bowlers every single play and every single game. My god Lindell misses 2 FGs all year and people started to criticize him and bring up the fact that he played poor 2 years ago. There are good players here who are treated like trash because they are not great players. Take JP; while he hasn't lived up to expectations and carried the franchise on his back, he is far from being the worse QB in the league as some have made him out to be!

Ok now lets look at the guys you mentioned

Evans - Get open and you will get the ball. Evans seems to be JP's favorite receiver and the Bills have faith in him as the #1. Get open and you will get the ball

Willis - The team recently has been giving him alot of carries, he needs to make plays too and break off a couple huge runs. So far he hasn't been doing that

Clements - Make some damn plays already, He has played well the past 2 games and hopefully continues it for the rest of the season, then maybe he will see a contract around the amount he wants and will be worth signing. He was invisible for the first half and no has finally started making plays.

Its one thing to be tired of losing and wanting out if you are playing extremly well (Spikes playing in Cincy for an example), but not many on this team are playing well enough that they have a right to demand out (Fletcher, Moorman, Peters, and maybe Lindell)

We have a core? Other than Lee Evans, I can't think of one guy who we would have a hard time replacing on the offensive side.

835123[/snapback]

I guess the only guy that is reallly good in his roll is the A-Train. Pretty good second back but beyond that? Parrish may be valuable some day. Pretty slim pickens

Forget the players. How long before the fans want out?

No Playoffs since 1999.

No Playoff Win Since 1995.

One Winning Season since 2000.

Since the last playoff appearance.....

2000- 8-8

2001- 3-13

2002- 8-8

2003- 6-10

2004- 9-7

2005- 5-11

2006- 3-6

Last 6 Seasons- 30-55

Last 7 Seasons- 42-63

The last playoff memory we have is "Home Run Throwback". 

When is enough going to be enough? All I hear is how JP is OK, they played a close game, they have moral victories and stick with them or you are an idiot. The Bills suck and have sucked for 7 years now. The optimists are wearing blinders.

835115[/snapback]

If you want out then your not a fan ...

You see, Mr. Quixote, the question was about the players' lack of desire to be here. Not the Bills desire to sign them to big contracts.

One-track mind, you.

835144[/snapback]

Caught me red-handed

If you want out then your not a fan ...

835655[/snapback]

Let them go, I prefer to stretch out on the Band wagon and would love ticket prices to be lower and more accessable for people to get. I would also love room to stretch out at games this year.

I hate the fact the Sabres Bandwagon filled up so quickly know. When I was on it before last season started, I had tons of space to stretch out, I was able to buy pairs of tickets the day of a game, and even had little trouble getting playoff tickets up until the middle of the second round. Now that everyone is a hardcore Sabres fan because they are winning, I can't get any tickets for a game without grossly overpaying for them through Ebay or scalpers.

Ok now lets look at the guys you mentioned

Evans - Get open and you will get the ball. Evans seems to be JP's favorite receiver and the Bills have faith in him as the #1. Get open and you will get the ball

Willis - The team recently has been giving him alot of carries, he needs to make plays too and break off a couple huge runs. So far he hasn't been doing that

Clements - Make some damn plays already, He has played well the past 2 games and hopefully continues it for the rest of the season, then maybe he will see a contract around the amount he wants and will be worth signing. He was invisible for the first half and no has finally started making plays.

Its one thing to be tired of losing and wanting out if you are playing extremly well (Spikes playing in Cincy for an example), but not many on this team are playing well enough that they have a right to demand out (Fletcher, Moorman, Peters, and maybe Lindell)

835326[/snapback]

Couple of things. Fans on a message board whine about Losman locking on to one wr. Fans on a message board complain about our #2 wr not being about to get open. The TE position for the Bills has been eliminated since the turn of the century. So you don't think guys like Belichick or Dungy realize Evans is the only viable threat we have? The Rams' style of offense runs alot of long developing routes. It requires time and accurate throws. Personally, I think Evans has been remarkable considering all the attention he probably gets. Put him with a guy like Hasselback or Bulger, he would be elite.

Clements hasn't been great but no one really throws at him. And try this little experiment. Have your mother or father run routes against you. You aren't allowed to hit them after 5 yards. Now let them have 6 to 10 seconds to get open. Now imagine if your parents ran a 4.4 40.

Point is, we have a d-line that fails to get decent pressure on a constant basis. When Clements signs with a team with a decent d-line, he will be a pro bowl caliber player for the next 5 years. The guy is good and he will be sorely missed next year.

Cheers. :doh: