Why do people still support Jp?

Does it occur to anyone that Jp, every week, seems to be regressing.  He's not getting better.

Over that past few weeks he's held on to the ball way too long which has lead to sacks, made terrible decisions while throwing the ball, and the coaching staff seems to be losing their confidence in Jp.  I seem to notice that they're running the ball more than passing.

Overall, it appears Jp is not getting better each week.  I haven't supported Jp since the day he started in 2005.  I think we've given Jp enough time to get better and he hasn't proved that he has.  So, why do people still support him?  He's not all that great of a qb.

834393[/snapback]

Why do you hate him?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's your big plan? Who would you bring in that would turn things around? Can't think of anyone? Join the club, most of the NFL is searching for a great QB. As far as Losman goes, fix the offensive line, and turn him loose a little bit, let him make mistakes and grow for the future.

I support JP. Play him every game the rest of the way. The only shot the Bills have at a real QB is in the draft and they need to lose every game the rest of the way to have a shot at one. The Bills should be 6-3 and in first place. The only reason they are not is the QB. He is not an answer to anything except why the Bills are 3-6. Look at what guys like Rivers, Romo, Palmer & Brees are doing- tons of yards, lots of TD's and winning games. Losman isn't doing anything but costing the Bills wins.

I support JP because he is a young guy who is trying his best. He seems to have taken to Buffalo - he bought a house in the city. He has not had the easiest life, and is trying to succeed. He has not said or done anything that is offensive. I want to cheer for someone like him. He has a lot of people against him and he is not given up.

QB's develop at different rates depending on their college experience and the support they have on their NFL team. I do not know if JP has what it takes, but if he succeeds here, we will share in his success.

First of all, it's the offense that has regressed, not specifically JP.  When give time, he has played pretty dang well, although he does need to work on holding onto the ball when hit. As far as the reasons to like him, let's see:

1) Team  player - doesn't call out teammates when he obviously has reason to

2) Great work ethic - said to be by all coaching staffs he's been under

3) Loves the city of Buffalo and Bills organization (not every1 can say that)

3) Takes accountability for when he doesn't play well.

4) Is receptive to coaching (they are telling him not to scramble) and he is trying to do this to become a better QB.

5) Has all the tools to succeed except experience and a suporting cast.  Does his decision making need to improve, yes but that comes with experience.

6) Has improved the more he plays.  Say all you want about the past 2 weeks but in the limited opportunities (the coaches have no faith in the line, not JP), he has completed 61% of his passes and has 1 TD and no turnovers.  That to me is not regression. 

7) He is a competitor and hates to lose, but at least is realizing that this is a building job they are doing. 

Other than that, nothing.  There is plenty to like about this kid, and unfortunately some of the folks like you don't have anything constructive to post about the Bills unless you are attacking a play who doesn't meet your standards.  It almost feels like a vendetta sometimes.

834457[/snapback]

Thank you , I have read enough from all the experts this season,the very people crying over losing in Indy by one point are the very people who were laughing all week and predicting a 50 point blowout ....they can all go screw themselves and watch some other team, this is a rebuilding year......get over it JP isn't going anywhere anytime soon ......

I support JP. Play him every game the rest of the way. The only shot the Bills have at a real QB is in the draft and they need to lose every game the rest of the way to have a shot at one. The Bills should be 6-3 and in first place. The only reason they are not is the QB. He is not an answer to anything except why the Bills are 3-6. Look at what guys like Rivers, Romo, Palmer & Brees are doing- tons of yards, lots of TD's and winning games. Losman isn't doing anything but costing the Bills wins.

834838[/snapback]

More like a 2-14 team being propped up by an ultraconservative gameplan intended to keep opponents close enough that they can be beaten if they make A LOT of mistakes and the Bills make none. 3 Wins, no turnovers. The only game they deserved to win was at Miami, where Culpepper played like a zombie. The Vikings dominated the Bills and had them beaten but for a miraculous dropped TD pass in the closing moments. The Packers ran up 450 yards of offense and were 1 yard and 4 downs away from tying the game prior to the dumbest opposing play call in the history of the Ralph. This a 6-3 team? No fway.

Todd Collins

Billy Joe Hobart

Rob Johnson

Doug Flutie

Alex Van Pelt

Drew Bledsoe

Notice a common denominator there?

834743[/snapback]

Flutie was 21-9 starting for the Bills and led us to two playoff appearances. He does not deserve to be put in the same breath as the rest of those losers.

A weaker team that is playing the Colts...run the ball, eat the clock, don;t give up big plays, make the Colts be patient and not score a lot of points and give yourself half a chance.  I bet you'll see just this plan against Indy for the rest of the season.  Losman is at best adequate, but this week's gameplan was the right one against that opponent.  When you have a 100 yard back and are never more that a TD down against a vastly superior team, its hard to argue that the pass run mix wasn't OK.

834810[/snapback]

I like this post. And the gameplan they had today was the right one...D and special teams played well enough to win. The offense did about 98% of their job today...Thomas more than effectively ran the ball, and they didn't turn the ball over. It is that 2% that they didn't do that lost them the game...You can play conservatively all game, but when you have a good team on the ropes, and you are controlling the game like Buffalo did to Indy today, you have to go for the jugular. Once you have gotten to the 4th quarter, you have to show them something a little different...Give them something unexpected, like the drive at the end of the Jets game when Losman just took off and made the plays...

Look at the Jets-Pats game for example...The Jets controlled that game...They came out and ran the ball for over 100 yards with 2 backs and moved the sticks all day. They kept it close, and kept NE out of the end zone. But when it came down to it, it was Pennington opening the game up with his passing at the end that won it for them. They had them on the ropes, went for the jugular, and it paid off. Sometimes it doesn't pay off(see the Jets-Colts game earlier this year), but those are the things you have to do to win these kind of games.

Today is not Losman's fault. He's not regressing, but he is not progressing either. Not that all of that is his fault. He doesn't call the plays.

Today, this team played not to lose. That is the fact.

Plus he's a nice guy.

834830[/snapback]

I'm not hating him for that. I respect him for being such a nice guy. That's GOOD!

Why do you hate him?

834821[/snapback]

I don't like that way he handles himself out on the field. He's been regressing not progressing it seems. He been making a lot of errors that would make a first time qb look good. He doesn't know how to get rid of the ball when he feels pressure. Like what happened today. He contributed in a big way to Lindell's missed field goal (wide right? Why does that sound familiar?).

I also am not pleased with the way he has developed. I feel like that the coaching staff has also begun to lose patience with Jp. His number of pass attempts have been diminishing each week. 13 pass attempts vs the Colts is not a lot. Plus we've been running the ball almost twice as much now. Ithink we've given Jp long enough to learn from his mistakes and learn how to be a decent qb in the league. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think I can stand going through the 07 season with Jp as our qb. I really don't see him flourshing into a good qb. I want to see a change. I really think that a different qb other than Jp gives us the best chance to win.

I really hope I'm not the only one here that does not support Jp. I hate being ridiculed by not liking Jp and wanting a change. I'm sick of seeing Jp, regress each week. Personally I don't seeing him being the starting qb of this team much longer. I respect Jp but I just don't think he gives us the best chance to win, anymore. I want to see change. That either means benching Losman within the end of the season or drafting a qb (Smith, Quinn, etc) in the 1st round.

I'm not hating him for that.  I respect him for being such a nice guy.  That's  GOOD!

I don't like that way he handles himself out on the field.  He's been regressing not progressing it seems.  He been making a lot of errors that would make a first time qb look good.    He doesn't know how to get rid of the ball when he feels pressure.  Like what happened today.  He contributed in a big way to Lindell's missed field goal (wide right?  Why does that sound familiar?).

I also am not pleased with the way he has developed.  I feel like that the coaching staff has also begun to lose patience with Jp.  His number of pass attempts have been diminishing each week.  13 pass attempts vs the Colts is not a lot.  Plus we've been running the ball almost twice as much now.  Ithink we've given Jp long enough to learn from his mistakes and learn how to be a decent qb in the league.  What I'm trying to say is that I don't think I can stand going through the 07 season with Jp as our qb.  I really don't see him flourshing into a good qb.  I want to see a change.  I really think that a different qb other than Jp gives us the best chance to win.

I really hope I'm not the only one here that does not support Jp.  I hate being ridiculed by not liking Jp and wanting a change.  I'm sick of seeing Jp, regress each week.  Personally I don't seeing him being the starting qb of this team much longer.  I respect Jp but I just don't think he gives us the best chance to win, anymore.  I want to see change.  That either means benching Losman within the end of the season or drafting a qb (Smith, Quinn, etc) in the 1st round.

834870[/snapback]

If we are going to pick up another QB it'll be one who has years of NFL experience behind him and has seen all the reads, because it's clear this is a terrible situation for a maturing QB. This line could get anyone killed. It certainly doesn't help JP make his decisions, yet he's completing close to 70% of his passes on a day like today. Guess he's still the root of all this team's problems, though :devil:

You'll have to explain to me how JP Losman is so bad that he made Rian Lindell miss a 41 yarder straight ahead into the 0MPH winds of a dome, though. That's got to be the new benchmark for idiotic posts.

How is this team any different than what he had in college? As I remember reading, he didn't have an OL there. Didn't have much of a cast as well. He played in the shotgun on every play because his line was so bad. Yet he was a gunslinger. This has got to be a problem with the coaching right?

His arm is incredible. It is absolutely perfect for the climate in Buffalo. But the coaching staff needs to use his strenght. Get him out of the pocket and role him out. Use the shotgun more. When the K-Gun was running, it was from the shotgun position too, regardless of the down.

Run some screens. Use the TE> I refuse to believe it is just JP! :devil: I'm going insane......

Flutie was 21-9 starting for the Bills and led us to two playoff appearances.  He does not deserve to be put in the same breath as the rest of those losers.

834853[/snapback]

The Bills were 21-9 as a team while Flutie happened to be starting. A lot of those wins took place despite Flutie, and not because of him.

Flutie played well for a while. But once defenses figured him out, that was it. He definitely deserves to be lumped into the same category as Bledsoe (had success in the first half of 2002 until defenses figured him out) or Rob Johnson (had some good games here and there, but defenses figured out you beat him down with the blitz).

Look at what Flutie achieved once he went to San Diego.

The Bills were 21-9 as a team while Flutie happened to be starting. A lot of those wins took place despite Flutie, and not because of him.

Flutie played well for a while. But once defenses figured him out, that was it. He definitely deserves to be lumped into the same category as Bledsoe (had success in the first half of 2002 until defenses figured him out) or Rob Johnson (had some good games here and there, but defenses figured out you beat him down with the blitz).

Look at what Flutie achieved once he went to San Diego.

834909[/snapback]

haha. your first sentence is what I try to tell people about Brady's SB teams and they dont listen.

Although I dont understand the "when defenses figured him out" arguement. Its stupid. Flutie's last 3 games with the Bills he had 640+ yards for 5 TD's and 0 INT's .... his only other real starting season was the next season with the HORRID Chargers and yet he still had 3400 yards and 15 TDs.

EDIT: Flutie's overall Chargers stats were around 5,000+ yards, 25 TD's, 22 INT's, 400+ rushing yards, 5 rushing TD's

Not too bad considering the bad team they had those years.

haha. your first sentence is what I try to tell people about Brady's SB teams and they dont listen.

Although I dont understand the "when defenses figured him out" arguement. Its stupid. Flutie's last 3 games with the Bills he had 640+ yards for 5 TD's and 0 INT's .... his only other real starting season was the next season with the HORRID Chargers and yet he still had 3400 yards and 15 TDs.

834911[/snapback]

I think the "figured him out" argument refers to him being good in 98 and sucking in 99; not withstanding a well-played "run for the bus" meaningless game @Seattle in 2000 (but only Flutie gets credit for such games and not RJ).

The reason nobody listens to your Brady comments is because they're stupid.

I think the "figured him out" argument refers to him being good in 98 and sucking in 99; not withstanding a well-played "run for the bus" meaningless game @Seattle in 2000 (but only Flutie gets credit for such games and not RJ).

The reason nobody listens to your Brady comments is because they're stupid.

834912[/snapback]

Right so 31 teams in the NFL play as a team ... except for Brady. He plays alone. Stupid.

834838[/snapback]

Please stop comparing JP to guys like Rivers and Palmer. If you're going to do a fair comparison, use the likes of Alex Smith and David Carr, talented guys with no team around them.