Borat is getting sued

meazza

If he only paid 3 sterling to the town, that's not cool. I mean it is their own fault but taking advantage of a bunch of foreigners who don't even have their own cinema :P But I'm pretty sure that most of the people suing him are just trying to get their cut.

I mean, Borat has been going on for years, why is it now that he's getting all the lawsuits?

overly sensitive

Talk about overly sensitive. Hell they weren't even identified as Romanians. Cohen couldn't find a place bad enough in Kazakhstan (oh...and the biggest synagouge in Central Asia is in Almaty, Kazakhstan....so the "running of the jew" series might not have been so funny there.) Like...they're gypsies..its not like they were real people or anything!

overly sensitive

Talk about overly sensitive.  Hell they weren't even identified as Romanians.  Cohen couldn't find a place bad enough in Kazakhstan (oh...and the biggest synagouge in Central Asia is in Almaty, Kazakhstan....so the "running of the jew" series might not have been so funny there.)  Like...they're gypsies..its not like they were real people or anything!

836458[/snapback]

You are truly sick. Just because they are gypsies does not make it open season. Gypsies are not real people? What is wrong with you?

If you like Borat fine, but don't defend him by demonizing the victim. That is wrong.

You are truly sick.  Just because they are gypsies does not make it open season.  Gypsies are not real people?  What is wrong with you?

If you like Borat fine, but don't defend him by demonizing the victim.  That is wrong.

836475[/snapback]

I'm being sarcastic. I think gypsies are real people...and I spent a good part of this summer in Kazakhstan, and think they are real people to. I actually even think Jews are real people as well. If I posit that they are all bigots, prostitutes and criminals (as the film does) I think the "what's wrong with you" would be applicable. I find the film disturbing. It objectifies people in the same way that fascists did some years ago...with rather unpleasant results for everyone.

I had the most f'ed up dream last night.....Borat/Cohen was going over the top with his act, but instead of some guy getting up and punching him, this guy pulls some sort of rocket launcher out of nowhere, and fires it at him as he runs for his life. It's got some sort of cable attached to the bottom, which snags Borat around the legs, and then allows the rocket part to go around him and tie him up like it was a teather ball game. Then.....*KABLAAAAMMMMM*!!!!!!!!!

Next thing I remember was him sitting in a hospital bed, deaf, with no legs, and his publicist saying that he was going to retire the character ;)

I had the most f'ed up dream last night.....Borat/Cohen was going over the top with his act, but instead of some guy getting up and punching him, this guy pulls some sort of rocket launcher out of nowhere, and fires it at him as he runs for his life. It's got some sort of cable attached to the bottom, which snags Borat around the legs, and then allows the rocket part to go around him and tie him up like it was a teather ball game. Then.....*KABLAAAAMMMMM*!!!!!!!!!

Next thing I remember was him sitting in a hospital bed, deaf, with no legs, and his publicist saying that he was going to retire the character  :blink:

836677[/snapback]

What did you have to eat for dinner last night to cause you to have a dream like that?? That is messed up. :D