Bush 41 Coming to the Rescue

Peter

Thankfully, it appears that George H.W. Bush (the one that actually knows something about foreign policy and war) is coming to his son's rescue. I think that this is apparent given that the pragmatists are now allowed back in the White House (i.e., James Baker, Robert Gates) and the neocons appear to be in full retreat.

Below is a pretty interesting passage from Woodward's book in light of the events of the past few days. I could not be happier that the professionals are now allowed back in the administration. Thank you GHWB. Thank you James Baker.

"You always told me the truth," Barbara Bush opened, drawing Boren aside for a private chat. [David L. Boren was the former Democratic senator from Oklahoma who had been the chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence during the presidency of George H. W. Bush.]

"Yes, ma'am," Boren replied.

"Will you tell me the truth now?"

"Certainly."

"Are we right to be worried about this Iraq thing?"

"Yes. I'm very worried."

"Do you think it's a mistake?"

"Yes, ma'am," Boren replied. "I think - it's a huge mistake if we go in right now, this way."

"Well, his father is certainly worried and is losing sleep over it. He's up at night worried."

"Why doesn't he talk to him?"

"He doesn't think he should unless he's asked," Barbara Bush said.

Thankfully, it appears that George H.W. Bush (the one that actually knows something about foreign policy and war) is coming to his son's rescue.  I think that this is apparent given that the pragmatists are now allowed back in the White House (i.e., James Baker, Robert Gates) and the neocons appear to be in full retreat.

Below is a pretty interesting passage from Woodward's book in light of the events of the past few days.  I could not be happier that the professionals are now allowed back in the administration.  Thank you GHWB.  Thank you James Baker.

831754[/snapback]

Right, because clearly Cheney, Rice, Powell and Rumsfeld were all outsiders during the Bush I presidency.

Right, because clearly Cheney, Rice, Powell and Rumsfeld were all outsiders during the Bush I presidency.

832235[/snapback]

Bush 41 hates Rumsfeld.

By all accounts, Cheney changed and went over to the dark side. Now, he also is on the outside looking in and will have very little influence in the White House. In fact, on the McLaughlin Group, they were even talking about the possibility that he could be gone (although they concluded that he would never resign).

Powell and Rice were neutered by the neocons. Powell was the only voice of reason and where did that get him. The neocons engineered his dismissal.

The neocons also tried to engineer Condi's dismissal. In fact, Rumsfeld would not even return her calls. Now, with the return of the pragmatists to the White House, Rice should have much more influence and be much more effective.

Story of Bush W's. life. The guy has literally failed at everything he ever did, the Texas governorship excluded, but that's really just a figure head position anyway. He is a total idiot. He can read speeches and his handler keep him on a short leach so he doesn't make many mistakes campaigning, but when it comes to running the government he is just a slave to his own stupidity. Gore and Kerry may say stupid things, but at least they are above average intelligent human beings. Bush is a bimbo