Saw Tenacious D Movie last nite

The Poojer

an advance screening for us CC folks....I was expecting a typical Jack Black movie..it was and then some...it is almost a rock opera, but friggin hilarious...I described it as Part "Godspell", "Jesus Christ Superstar", "Rocky Horror", "Tommy" and "Holy Grail". This isnt really a family movie and probably more of a guy movie...but if you like rock and roll, I would highly recommend this movie...truly enjoyable...and Black and Gass are pretty damned talented musicians!

Very cool....I really want to see this one. I don't know why, but when I saw the previews the first thing that jumped into my mind was 'Bill and Ted' ..... :rolleyes:

Jack Black is not someone I put in the same category as a Will Ferrell or a Steve Carrell.....not even close, actually. But he gives a consistently entertaining performance in every movie I see him in. I pretty much know what to expect from his schtick, and I'm game for it. I think the guy is pretty cool.

Definitly on my list of Movies I have to see

I've been a huge 'D' fan for a while and the 2 of them are hilarious

I wouldn't put JB at the same level as Will Ferrell but just below. and Steve Carrell is definitly rising to the same level as Ferrell. The problem with JB has been some of the roles he has played and the movies. I thought School of Rock was probably one of his best, Saving Silvermen was alright but not great, and I thought Shallow Hal and Envy (I think thats the name of the one with him and Ben Stiller) were not worth watching.

It is good to hear that it is good, I was worried that it might be too dumb for most people

Definitly on my list of Movies I have to see

I've been a huge 'D' fan for a while and the 2 of them are hilarious

I wouldn't put JB at the same level as Will Ferrell but just below. and Steve Carrell is definitly rising to the same level as Ferrell. The problem with JB has been some of the roles he has played and the movies. I thought School of Rock was probably one of his best, Saving Silvermen was alright but not great, and I thought Shallow Hal and Envy (I think thats the name of the one with him and Ben Stiller) were not worth watching.

It is good to hear that it is good, I was worried that it might be too dumb for most people

831632[/snapback]

yeah he has gotten some crappy roles over the years like being a computer nerd in the Jim Carrey flick "Cable Guy"

They also have a DVD with a live concert from London (I think its London) and it has all the episodes from the HBO show

831662[/snapback]

Is that the one where they cover the "Flash Gordon" theme by Queen? If so, that concert rocked.

I don't know, I used to love Jack Black when as part of Mr Show ("Jeepers Creepers" is his finest comedic moment, IMO), but I just don't find the Tenacious D stuff all that funny...it just tries a little too hard. A little bit of JB's shctick goes a long way...

I really am getting old. I don't know who Tenacious D is.

831727[/snapback]

Just the creators of the "greatest and best song in the world."

Alas, we will never know what it is, although the D does a Tribute to the greatest and best song in the world.

Just the creators of the "greatest and best song in the world."

Alas, we will never know what it is, although the D does a Tribute to the greatest and best song in the world.

831846[/snapback]

Led Zepplin's stairway to heaven, I believe in live versions, KG plays part of the solo from Stairway during it