Raffi needs to be "Dealt With"

Dante

Man I hope this guy gets his soon. He's at it again. This prick tries to injure. Pure !@#$. He'll get his. Too bad Domi retired. He used to like to f guys like this up.

Michalek

Iginla

Finally last night vs Detroit and Williams

God damn he's a c**k**ker. Love the biased announcer on the Williams hit. "BTW that was a clean hit" Oh yeah dipsh--? A tad fuggin late don't you think?

Man I hope this guy gets his soon. He's at it again. This prick tries to injure. Pure !@#$. He'll get his. Too bad Domi retired. He used to like to f guys like this up.

Michalek

Iginla

God damn he's a c**k**ker. Love the biased announcer on the Williams hit. "BTW that was a clean hit" Oh yeah dipsh--? A tad fuggin late don't you think?

831335[/snapback]

The Iginla hit was clean, but I agree with everything else you said. If you look on the Williams hit, he skated in from the top of the circles to make that hit. In the '70's, that would be Charging, with bench clearing brawls. Against Michalek, the announcer was spot on. A targeted hit. Michalek with his head down, Torres with his elbow up.

The Iginla hit was clean, but I agree with everything else you said.  If you look on the Williams hit, he skated in from the top of the circles to make that hit.  In the '70's, that would be Charging, with bench clearing brawls.  Against Michalek, the announcer was spot on.  A targeted hit.  Michalek with his head down, Torres with his elbow up.

831441[/snapback]

He took a pretty long run at Iginla for it to be clean. His elbow seemed to be up as well. With this guy its pretty hard to give the benifit of the doubt. The video quality is poor on that one though.

He took a pretty long run at Iginla for it to be clean. His elbow seemed to be up as well.

831463[/snapback]

What? Please. Iginla was had his knees in a deep bend. You ever throw a hit? If there's any force at all involved and the other guy goes down in the opposite direction the hit comes from, the hitters elbow is going to raise in the aftermath. Torres' hit him with nothing more than a shoulder.

Totally clean. He wasn't striding into him.

The hit on Williams was beautiful. The biggest problem is Williams' size and the fact that he caught the shoulder in the face. It probably could have been called charging because he took more than two strides but that's an everynight occurance and officials rarely call the damn penalty anymore when the boards aren't involved.

The hit on Michalek was late as hell. San Jose should have sent at least two guys out to fight him after that.

OMG..the pussification of society continues..the first hit was dirty, but the others were nice hits..I am going to take a wild stab here and say you have never played hockey before...you dream about hits like the ones raffi threw on Iginla and Williams...sucks that Williams was hurt, but that is hockey..

Michalek

Iginla

831335[/snapback]

AWESOME videos. I have to say thought that I don't think even the first one was dirty. Maybe he could have let up, but why? The other two were beautiful.

I guess going forward in hockey, any player in the NHL that knows how to lay on a good hit is a "dirty player"...

The hit on Williams was beautiful.  The biggest problem is Williams' size and the fact that he caught the shoulder in the face.  It probably could have been called charging because he took more than two strides but that's an everynight occurance and officials rarely call the damn penalty anymore when the boards aren't involved.

831517[/snapback]

Perfectly clean. He was in the middle of those extra strides because he's actually trying to play defense. He saw the puck about to go around the net so he went to cut off the play. For anyone who thinks it was dirty, is he supposed to avoid the hit and possibly allow a scoring chance for Detroit? Of course not. These people need to whine about the rock hard shoulder pads before they go after these hits.

Oh, and yesterday someone on another board was trying to compare the Williams mess to the Malarchuk incident. There are idiots everywhere.

OMG..the pussification of society continues..the first hit was dirty, but the others were nice hits

831561[/snapback]

Well if "pussificatin" means you don't like elbows to the head then call me a kitty. Iginla hit was clearly a elbow.

Your not the only one

I was all ready to believe him and join the fight against him, then I found out he was talking about hockey

831635[/snapback]

Ditto, even though my kids , age 5 and 7 are way past Raffi, and now into the same music my wife and I listen to, I can still prolly sing Baby Beluga from memory. And if we are gunna blow him up, lets add the friggen wiggles as well

Head shots are wrong and are a sign of current players lack of respect for each other and many not knowing how to body check. Hitting is and always has been part of the game , but players currently hitting with lack of respect or regard for each other is part of todays game, and not a good part of it.

What Orr and others say here is valid

Head shots are wrong and are a sign of current players lack of respect for each other and many not knowing how to body check. Hitting is and always has been part of the game , but players currently hitting with lack of respect or regard for each other is part of todays game, and not a good part of it.

What Orr and others say here is valid

831820[/snapback]

I don't have much support on this one millbank but I respect your opinion on hockey more than any other on this board. Quality not quantity I guess. I disagree that these hits were legal. The Williams and Michalek hits were way late and the players were very vulnerable because of it. They werent expecting to get nailed. Torres elbowed Iginla on his hit even if it wasnt a charge or late. Anyway, Torres will get his and I hope it's a "clean hit" just like he likes to deliver. In fact, I hope its a carreer ending one. This is a good quote from probably the god of hockey Orr.

"I don't want to see hitting taken out of the game, I love hitting in hockey," Orr told TSN, "but if someone puts his shoulder into a player's face, if he puts anything -- an arm, an elbow, a glove -- I think that player should get a penalty. Definitely, it should be a penalty. We are having players getting knocked unconscious before they even hit the ice and carried off on stretchers. How can that be legal? When did hitting someone in the head with your shoulder or any part of your body become part of the rules? Anything above the neck, it's wrong.