Would you feel bad if...

Phlegm Alley

I find it hard to believe that he would be fired for a single offense like that.  My guess is that he's been written up several times in the past and this was his last straw.  I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Was he well-liked?  He's only been there a few months, so I guess most people won't care.

CW

830996[/snapback]

Or perhaps he's on like an introductory 90 day probabtion or something? I had a guy removed from the office recently as he kept telling me how bad his life was and that he wanted to kill himself. HR up and made him go to the hospital. He had to seek counciling before they let him come back. I hope the guy takes it seriously as he's quite good at what he does and is (usually) a very personable man.

I'm of the opinion that it's better to respect people professionally for what they accomplish and to weed out those that bring the collective average down. It's not personal, it's about ensuring a high rate of return from your employee base.

So, to end my rant, you did the right thing.

-Jeff

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or perhaps he's on like an introductory 90 day probabtion or something? 

That's true. And as you said, it's better to weed those people out now. If he's not willing to go the extra mile when he's new, why would he do anything extra after being there for awhile?

Sorry for the long post, but would you guys feel somewhat upset if you were kinda responsible for the termination of an employee who you considered a friend?  I covered for this guy on numerous occasions and I told him that I was never covering for him again as a result of his lack of assistance when I needed it the most.

830855[/snapback]

Pick better friends. Seriously. None of my friends would throw me under the bus like that.