Was Dem Victory A Victory 4 Moderates?

I have seen many Conservative commentators and internet posters saying the Conservatives lost their base because they strayed away from Conservative values. But I don't think so. I believe the Conservatives will generally turn out pretty much no matter what. The defection of moderates and independents was the key it seems to me. And really, what could Conservatives had done more of? Cut pork spending to their home districts? That really would have worked!

Republicans campaign like libertarians, govern like liberals. The best thing for the country is a divided Executive and Legislative.

The majority in the Senate is so small they'll be able to pass nothing - which is the best thing that's happened to America since the Republicrats divided the Executive and Legislative in 1994.

I have seen many Conservative commentators and internet posters saying the Conservatives lost their base because they strayed away from Conservative values. But I don't think so. I believe the Conservatives will generally turn out pretty much no matter what. The defection of moderates and independents was the key it seems to me. And really, what could Conservatives had done more of? Cut pork spending to their home districts? That really would have worked!

830207[/snapback]

I think it goes deeper than that with the changing demographics of the country. For awhile it has seemed that the Republican party is the place where fat, balding, rich white dudes go to chomp cigars and appeal to our baser instincts, taking the Evangelicals along for the ride.

Now, that no longer cuts it.

Republicans campaign like libertarians, govern like liberals.  The best thing for the country is a divided Executive and Legislative. 

830215[/snapback]

I agree with that, and hopefully they can work together enough to pass alternative energy bills, social security reform, medicare reform and a few other major pieces of legislation. Lots of challanges ahead

I think it goes deeper than that with the changing demographics of the country.  For awhile it has seemed that the Republican party is the place where fat, balding, rich white dudes go to chomp cigars and appeal to our baser instincts, taking the Evangelicals along for the ride.

Now, that no longer cuts it.

830220[/snapback]

Yeah, and the Dummycrats are the party that champions for the little guy. You partisans are absolute idiots - but at least you're funny.

A prime example of how out of touch with any semblence of geographic historical perspective the conservative movement might have is revealed by an Arizona prop that passed last night.

It made English the "official language of Arizona"

WTF?

This is coming from a State that was still a Mexican territory even after the Gadsden purchase, has many native American tribes who still remain and most of the populace is bi-lingual anyway.

I guess conservatives would call that a "symbolic victory" right about now.

A prime example of how out of touch with any semblence of geographic historical perspective the conservative movement might have is revealed by an Arizona prop that passed last night.

WTF?

This is coming from a State that was still a Mexican territory even after the Gadsden purchase, has many native American tribes who still remain and most of the populace is bi-lingual anyway.

830262[/snapback]

LOL, I kind of admire and laugh at the GOP wire pullers. They know just what to do to excite the ignorant mind of the poor whites.

WTF?

830262[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd hate for the government to conduct business in a single language. I mean, think of all the money that'd save over the long term. Shoot, we ought to be teaching everyone the code they used in Windtalkers. That'd at least be cool at parties.

You liberals are awesome. So very little understanding of the big picture. I think it'd be sweet to have street signs in 337 different languages. You know, so no one would feel slighted.

LOL, I kind of admire and laugh at the GOP wire pullers. They know just what to do to excite the ignorant mind of the poor whites.

830264[/snapback]

As opposed to your kind on the other side of the aisle, who appeal to the terminally stupid, while patting themselves on the back for being intellectuals?

The difference is what, again?

Yeah, I'd hate for the government to conduct business in a single language.  I mean, think of all the money that'd save over the long term.  Shoot, we ought to be teaching everyone the code they used in Windtalkers.  That'd at least be cool at parties.

You liberals are awesome.  So very little understanding of the big picture.  I think it'd be sweet to have street signs in 337 different languages.  You know, so no one would feel slighted.

830265[/snapback]

I really couldn't give a sh-- about a language bill, but how is that different than the idea to have 52 kinds of political parties?

So we can have a 6-foot-long paper ballot like South Africa's?

VERY NIIIIICE!, Dr. Cox.

As opposed to your kind on the other side of the aisle, who appeal to the terminally stupid, while patting themselves on the back for being intellectuals?

The difference is what, again?

830267[/snapback]

Difference is we win in California and New York, you guys win in Mississippi and Alabama

There is a difference :doh:

Difference is we win in California and New York, you guys win in Mississippi and Alabama

There is a difference  :doh:

830323[/snapback]

:doh: You're really proud that you win New York State? Have you noticed it's a complete shithole?

NYS is a great place to grow up and maybe go to college before leaving to start a career somewhere else. It would be nice if there was some sort of economy or development to speak of, but that died decades ago.

"We win in New York!" :(:lol: Yeah, feel free to put that one on a bumper sticker.

BTW, Alabama? They're the state Toyota is investing in. Meanwhile, Buffalo's American Axle plant is closing, just like everything else.