All the negative articles from the Media

ganesh

I am wondering if all these media guys who have been so negative about the Bills offense trying to divide this team. Some of the articles provided statistics (skewed to their liking) to imply that this Defense has been so super and if not for the offense sputtering will be going to the super bowl. To make their point they skew the offensive output to be something like "Net 21" yards.....

THese guys keep forgetting that it is a team game...You need to excel on all 3 aspects to win the game. Even if the offense stunk up the joint for most of the

day they came up clutch when they needed to. JP makes that 43 yard TD with

a guy staring right in his face and taking a hit after the throw. Thomas rushes

for 26 consecutive yards after KO Simpsons INT return. Thomas runs out the

clock in the dying minutes of the 4th qtr to keep Brett Favre away from the field.

Why aren't these any positives or as equal to the tipped ball and the INT by KO or the INT returned for TD by Fletcher....

The defense gave up 500 yards....but thanks to bonehead plays by the GB offense at the bills redzone, we came up with the win.

Why are these media guys bent on wrecking and blaming the offense for everything....

Why are these media guys bent on wrecking and blaming the offense for everything....

830033[/snapback]

For the same reason people say JP has three years of professional NFL quarterbacking experience; because saying moronic stuff gets people -- people who would otherwise ignore you -- to pay attention to you.

The deal is that the defense is also pretty poor...They have been unable to stop the run....the passing game has given up many yards and multiple TDs...

The defense got the turnovers and the offense executed to take advantage of the turnovers...How could this have been a defensive oriented win...

People don't want to credit the offense for finding a way to put the ball in the end zone when it counted (4th qtr).

Be fair in your criticism.

The deal is that the defense is also pretty poor...They have been unable to stop the run....the passing game has given up many yards and multiple TDs...

The defense got the turnovers and the offense executed to take advantage of the turnovers...How could this have been a  defensive oriented win...

People don't want to credit the offense for finding a way to put the ball in the end zone when it counted (4th qtr).

Be fair in your criticism.

830157[/snapback]

I know you hate to have the truth get in the way of facts. But I feel I must speak up here.

GB Turnovers

#1 INT - Def Touchdown

#2 Fumble - Punt

#3 Fumble - Kneel down

#4 INT - 3 plays - 3 runs and a TD.

:D<_<:P

I know you hate to have the truth get in the way of facts. But I feel I must speak up here.

GB Turnovers

#1 INT - Def Touchdown

#2 Fumble - Punt

#3 Fumble - Kneel down

:D  <_<  :P

830195[/snapback]

What is exactly is your point? The offense scored on 50% of their opportunities...

Not unless you count Fletcher as part of the offense.

830269[/snapback]

Oddly enough, someone this week actually thought that would be a good idea. He didn't mention Fletcher specifically, but he said we need to start putting defensive players on offense.

We're the stupidest fans in the !@#$ing universe.

I am wondering if all these media guys who have been so negative about the Bills offense trying to divide this team.  Some of the articles provided statistics (skewed to their liking) to imply that this Defense has been so super and if not for the offense sputtering will be going to the super bowl.  To make their point they skew the offensive output to be something like "Net 21" yards.....

THese guys keep forgetting that it is a team game...You need to excel on all 3 aspects to win the game.  Even if the offense stunk up the joint for most of the

day they came up clutch when they needed to.  JP makes that 43 yard TD with

a guy staring right in his face and taking a hit after the throw.  Thomas rushes

for 26 consecutive yards after KO Simpsons INT return.  Thomas runs out the

clock in the dying minutes of the 4th qtr to keep Brett Favre away from the field.

Why aren't these any positives or as equal to the tipped ball and the INT by KO or the INT returned for TD by Fletcher....

The defense gave up 500 yards....but thanks to bonehead plays by the GB offense at the bills redzone, we came up with the win. 

830033[/snapback]

To be honest, the offense doth sucketh. We keep changing QB's but we see zero improvement here.

I am wondering if all these media guys who have been so negative about the Bills offense trying to divide this team.

Yes this is true. I was in a Subway sandwich shop in Pittsford during training camp. I noticed Jerry Sullivan, Larry Felser, Chuck Pollack, Vic Carucci, Sal Maiorama, Alan Wilson and Leo Roth all sitting together at a table. I could actually overhear their conversation. Alan Wilson (no relation to Ralph) was telling the others of the best way to divide this team. Leo Roth (no relation to David Lee), argued that he had a better plan to divide the team. The whole table looked over toward me and they went dead silent (not because of how ugly I am, although that's what I first thought), but because they may have thought I heard them masterminding a plan of how to blow up the Bills. I am suspcious that they may have recognized me from an NFL owners meeting in which I overheard Jerry Jones, Paul Tagliabue, Daniel Snyder, and Al Davis, during breakfast at McDonalds, concocting a plan to lock the Bills out of the postseason.

If it weren't for the God damn dickhead media sons a bitches, there is no doubt in my mind that the Bills would be 8-0 right now. They have divided this team.

GB Turnovers

#1 INT - Def Touchdown

#2 Fumble - Punt

#3 Fumble - Kneel down

:doh:  :doh:  :(

830195[/snapback]

So how did this change the perception that the offense did not take advantage of the turnovers. THe 1st fumble happened at our own 1 yard line....The 3rd fumble happened right before the half.....

Not unless you count Fletcher as part of the offense.

830269[/snapback]

No, that's not an opportunity. :doh:

They had two opportunities to score (1 fumble, 1 interception) and they scored on one. 50%.

The offense never touched the ball on the other interception and took a knee with 14 seconds left in the half on their own 6 yard line. I would not count either of those as opportunities and I doubt any reasonable person could.