Looks like the slug is here to stay

duey

i'm not a fan either, but it's still 100x better than the goathead.  i'd prefer a throwback too. 

fwiw, i love the little numbers on the front of the jersey.

830212[/snapback]

I like the Goathead way better than the Reebok Sluggalo. It actually looks like someone spent more than 5 minutes designing the Goathead. The Banana looks like a quick sketch that someone colored in.

One was clearly designing to be a crest on a hockey sweater while the other was designed to be shrunk down and placed on Reebok hats.

Hate it.

I will NEVER buy anything with it on there.

And WHEN they win the cup, I'll celebrate with my old school Gilbert Perreault jersey.

You clowns are starting to like this abortion of a jersey because of their record.

Don't accept this piece of trash. Does anyone have any idea why their isn't a Sabre in the logo? I know there's one on the shoulder, but seriously, wtf is this thing?

And WHEN they win the cup, I'll celebrate with my old school Gilbert Perreault jersey.

830577[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that WHEN they win the Cup, they'll be wearing the old school jerseys if they're playing at home. (Quinn secured permission from the NHL for the team to wear the throwbacks for all home playoffs games where they can win a series.)

have you been to a game...

829677[/snapback]

Tater,

Just curious as I get my fix via Center ICe. I see T-shirts/hats with the new logo, but rarely see any of the new jerseys in the crowd. Plenty of vintage blues/whites and the Angry Goat Head jerseys. Am I getting the correct impression via cable?

Percentages never tell the entire story. Anytime somebody claims sales are up 900%, it's because the raw numbers aren't as impressive as percentages.

"Fred. jersey sales are up 900%!!!"

"Wow, how many did we sell?"

"9, we only sold 1 last year."

I'm really sick of reading random comments around the internet calling them the uggliest jerseys in hockey.  Has anyone ever seen those monstrosities that Atlanta calls a home jersey?

830679[/snapback]

Atlanta's asymmetrical light blue sweaters are a disaster but their white road uniforms are still really nice.

Buffalo's home and road uniforms both suck big, sweaty donkey nuts -- the logo, the sweater design, even the blue is too dark. Atlanta at least has a hockey crest as their logo instead of a half-assed yellow Bills rip-off.

Atlanta's asymmetrical light blue sweaters are a disaster but their white road uniforms are still really nice.

831706[/snapback]

Well since I was talking specifically about the home jersey, the white one really doesn't matter here. That jersey is a good example of how the general public can see things much differently than the so called hardcore fans. I've never heard anyone say that they actually like that thing, yet it was obviously selling really well since Atlanta has now made it their home jersey. Could the slugs actually have an appeal to the NHL fans as a whole like the powder blue jersey has? We won't know that for a while, but it's possible. I actually heard a good number of positive comments (and no negative comments) last week at the game in Boston.

Could the slugs actually have an appeal to the NHL fans as a whole like the powder blue jersey has? 

I actually heard a good number of positive comments (and no negative comments) last week at the game in Boston.

831762[/snapback]

Part 1: no

Part 2: did you ever see their jersey with the bear on it? They liked that one too.

I was under the impression that new uniforms always sell, particularly because they are new and now all the fans are forced to replace their old memorabilia. I wouldnt consider the increased sales as a good sign, I thought it was common knowledge that no matter what the jersey looked like they would sell. I thought that the real test was in a couple of years? I dont know I could be wrong, but that's what I initially thought.