Looks like the slug is here to stay

duey

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=1964

Sabres Sweaters Flying Off The Shelf

Paul Hamilton - Tuesday, November 7, 2006 - 4:26 PM

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550)- According to NHL.com, the new Sabres jerseys are a hot item. Buffalo merchandise is up 1170-percent from October of 2005. The top 10 selling sweaters in October were in order, Sidney Crosby-Pitt, Ryan Miller-Buff, Alexander Ovechkin- Wash, Maxim Afinogenov-Buff, Chris Drury-Buff, Jason Pominville-Buff, Evgeni Malkin-Pitt, Peter Forsberg- Phil, Daniel Briere-Buff and Jaromir Jagr-N.Y.R.

I'm not caving though...not gonna do it.

But...if they win the Cup wearing the slug, then sign me up. :D

Looks like the slug is here to stay

Um, yeah! did you really think they would change it! It may not be the best logo, but it's going to be around for quite some time. so you don't have to like it, but you're going to have to deal with it. Go Sabres!!!!

Um, yeah!  did you really think they would change it!  It may not be the best logo, but it's going to be around for quite some time. 

829671[/snapback]

I say five years.

If they every start selling the throwbacks, they will easily outsell the Buffalo Fighting Banana Slug Longsleeve Football Jerseys the team has now.

I say five years.

If they every start selling the throwbacks, they will easily outsell the Buffalo Fighting Banana Slug Longsleeve Football Jerseys the team has now.

829787[/snapback]

I hope so, but don't see it happening. The Sabres aren't an organization that can afford to throw around a few hundred thousand dollars every few years.

I have to admit that it has grown on me. It is not as bad as some people go on and on about. It actually is pretty good (although I favor our original uniforms and logo) and it has the best record in Sabres' history.

I hope so, but don't see it happening.  The Sabres aren't an organization that can afford to throw around a few hundred thousand dollars every few years.

829869[/snapback]

The money you spend re-designing the uniforms is small in comparison to the money you make selling new uniforms.

I have to admit that it has grown on me.  It is not as bad as some people go on and on about.  It actually is pretty good (although I favor our original uniforms and logo) and it has the best record in Sabres' history.

829881[/snapback]

i'm not a fan either, but it's still 100x better than the goathead. i'd prefer a throwback too.

fwiw, i love the little numbers on the front of the jersey.

If this team was 1-12-1, you wouldn't be able to give that flagellate covered piece of crap away.  It's simply proof that some people will buy anything to be a part of success.

830233[/snapback]

Right on. It has nothing to do with the look of that putrid logo ... it has to do with the fact that the Sabres are a winning team.

I still cant stand that ugly logo. I would rather have had them use the Bills logo before putting that ugly thing on their jerseys and the ice.

Go Sabres.