The Dimocrap 'Plan'?

If it prevents posters like you, I'm all for it.

829503[/snapback]

You gotta admit Tom... Errr Bung... That this is gonna be a wild new ride around here!

I haven't been blessed with such comedy since joining in 2002...

All I can say is wow...

You think the 'pubes being in power was fun... We already have JSP and CCB's lashing out... It is brilliant and goes lightyears in surpassing BUSH BAD! FLIGHTSUIT!

:D:D

I see no problem with the alternative for oil part.  Anything to get us away from the dependence on foreign oil, from the whackos trying to kills us.  That and forcing the average US family to not be beholden to the ExxonMobils of the world and their whims is a good thing.

And I'm a libertarian Republican, for the record...

Just like it wasn't the government's job to send men to the moon at the height of the Cold War just to prove we could do it???  C'mon, if we can do that, we ought to be able to find a reliable, cheap alternative source of energy.

829649[/snapback]

Going to the moon was part of the cold war, making alternative energy is just plain stupid. That's something for the distant future. It will come when it comes. Did Yhomas Edison need government money? No. This commie libs want hundreds of billions of dollars of our money to fart around with. No way.

Going to the moon was part of the cold war, making alternative energy is just plain stupid.

I know of no idea in the past 50 years of history that would be smarter. The need for oil has defined US foreign policy for the better part of half a century and is the cause of most of the anti-Americanism seen around the globe. If we could develop our own sources of energy, you would see a radical shift in the way America does business worldwide.

Did Yhomas Edison need government money? No. This commie libs want hundreds of billions of dollars of our money to fart around with. No way.

I don't want to see hundreds of billions go into this unchecked either. However, seed money and support that produces results is not necessarily a bad thing.

I know of no idea in the past 50 years of history that would be smarter.  The need for oil has defined US foreign policy for the better part of half a century and is the cause of most of the anti-Americanism seen around the globe. 

829709[/snapback]

Go read a history book. I guess 9-11 was our fault, or us who drives big trucks. No wonder you losers don't win elections but every 12 years or so

Go read a history book. I guess 9-11 was our fault, or us who drives big trucks. No wonder you losers don't win elections but every 12 years or so

Absolutely not. I will give you one shot to take that one back....(hint, look at my past posts, say in the Kobe 81 thread). Here, I even found it for you, post #252 will let you know exactly where I stand on 9/11...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...&hl=KObe+points

Losers, yeah my party sure lost last nite (Republican). We strayed from what made it a great party.

Finally, if you are looking for a decent book about how big oil has influenced US foreign policy, may I suggest that you read this....

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Economic...ie=UTF8&s=books

Ignore the leftist leanings of the author and just focus on the facts. Interesting stuff. Stuff we had to do, but damn I wish we could get away from that dependence.

829736[/snapback]

The layers of irony getting are so thick I need a shovel here.

You lost, get over it. Send me your email address and I'll forward you a copy of the Communist Manifesto to get you started on your new life.

Going to the moon was part of the cold war, making alternative energy is just plain stupid. That's something for the distant future. It will come when it comes. Did Yhomas Edison need government money? No. This commie libs want hundreds of billions of dollars of our money to fart around with. No way.

829700[/snapback]

This paragraph tells us all we need to know about your "intelligence."

Well.. the alternative for oil part?  What's wrong with that  :D

How can children have abortions?  How can children have children? Raising minimum wage creates unemployment, more than it does inflation.

829452[/snapback]

It's simple... you can have an abortion at 13 without parental consent, but God forbid if they give you aspirin.