So now we'll get horse crap instead of cow crap

We shifted from no plan in Iraq, no plan on the boarder and immigration, out of control spending with little tax cuts, corruption, anti govt. funding on stem cells, anti late term and pro gun; to--------- no plan in Iraq, no plan on the boarder and immigration, out of control spending with tax increases, corruption, pro govt funding on stem cells, pro late term and anti gun.

What’s really changed? ;)

Well, that's a little reductive. A lot of the Dems elected have some nuanced opinions. Some are anti-abortion and pro-gun rights, others are more fiscally conservative, many have military backgrounds, and some are far more staunch on the border than Bush, a former border governer who welcomed the influx of cheap labor into this country and is working on a plan to validate that class.

Well, that's a little reductive.  A lot of the Dems elected have some nuanced opinions.  Some are anti-abortion and pro-gun rights, others are more fiscally conservative, many have military backgrounds, and some are far more staunch on the border than Bush, a former border governer who welcomed the influx of cheap labor into this country and is working on a plan to validate that class.

829227[/snapback]

Maybe so at first but, I believe shortly after arriving in DC they will be steeped in beltway politics pounded into a one group think by the Pelosi lead house and be just as inept, partisan and corrupt as any other congress before them or even worse.

Maybe so at first but, I believe shortly after arriving in DC they will be steeped in beltway politics pounded into a one group think by the Pelosi lead house and be just as inept, partisan and corrupt as any other congress before them or even worse.

829336[/snapback]

I don't think so. The leadership might be more liberal but you don't get anything done without coalitions. I predict some power in the center -- Lieberman has found himself in a position of great power in the Senate, especially if it's 49-49-2, and if the new class of moderate Dems bands together, with moderate Republicans, it could wield some power as well.

I think this is potentially a good thing.

I don't think so.  The leadership might be more liberal but you don't get anything done without coalitions.  I predict some power in the center -- Lieberman has found himself in a position of great power in the Senate, especially if it's 49-49-2, and if the new class of moderate Dems bands together, with moderate Republicans, it could wield some power as well.

829362[/snapback]

Wouldn't it be great if the Moderate Dems and the Moderate Republicans could form a party. We could call it the "Rational Americans" and would probably represent the ideas, values, and interest of 80% of the country.

I don't think so.  The leadership might be more liberal but you don't get anything done without coalitions.  I predict some power in the center -- Lieberman has found himself in a position of great power in the Senate, especially if it's 49-49-2, and if the new class of moderate Dems bands together, with moderate Republicans, it could wield some power as well.

829362[/snapback]

Pipe dream in my view. The first hundred days will tell a lot. All I see this congress doing is making a concerted effort for the white house by bashing Bush with investigations after investigations, impeachment ect.. Just like the last congress.

Wouldn't it be great if the Moderate Dems and the Moderate Republicans could form a party. We could call it the "Rational Americans" and would probably represent the ideas, values, and interest of 80% of the country.

It would be a great idea. We'd cut out the Ted Kennedys and Bill Frists.

829393[/snapback]

80% of the country is rational? :D

829393[/snapback]

Because rationality has to do with a high percentage of agreeable Americans vs. principles of thought and facts. I never knew if the majority of people believed up was down it really made it that way and such people were rational.

Fascinating observation.