Abortion Ban Rejected

Yawn, next -- You stated, "The vast majority of women suffer from incredible psychological trauma after an abortion. I should know, I've seen it first-hand and it's very sad." 

How many abortions have you personally performed?

More importantly, are you willing to adopt an unwanted child to save it from being aborted?

830595[/snapback]

I've worked with women who have had abortions. That's how I know, not because I perform them.

And to answer your "more important" question there are waiting lists longer than all the abortions committed in this country.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say...but I've only read printed studies, none on the internet, so it's obviously not credible science...  :rolleyes:

830645[/snapback]

Some doctors say there is a connection, some say the results are "inconclusive". Well golly gee doesn't it make sense that it could be dangerous?

If there's a 60% chance something may happen would you do it? Would you fly with a 60% chance of a connection that flying in a tornado might kill you?

While the connection of flying in tornados don't necessitate making a conclusion, it wouldn't be smart either.

Some doctors say there is a connection, some say the results are "inconclusive". Well golly gee doesn't it make sense that it could be dangerous?

If there's a 60% chance something may happen would you do it? Would you fly with a 60% chance of a connection that flying in a tornado might kill you?

While the connection of flying in tornados don't necessitate making a conclusion, it wouldn't be smart either.

831392[/snapback]

Well, gee...y'know, I was pretty sure I understood the available science. But your stunning tornado anology convinced me otherwise. :rolleyes:

You're right, i'm sure I don't have as many gay friends as you.

831438[/snapback]

:doh::lol:

Riiiiiight. So tell me, do you have the urge to shoot them in the head? We all know how much you want to shoot people in the head. :rolleyes:

My question would be, what if someone doesn't believe in God?  Why should they have to abide by your religious belief?

830514[/snapback]

Re-read the first two paragraphs of my post. Nothing about God.

I just don't believe that.  Your life was brought into being by the cooperation of two people.  God doesn't fertilize an egg, God doesn't take women by force and FORCE a CHILD onto someone's life who is unwilling.  How is it fair to FORCE a woman to have a child out of rape or incest, to force even more trauma on a woman and completely change the direction of their life by either making her give up a child (not as easy a decision as it's made out to be) or to raise it -- an investment of more than 20 years?  I'm sorry.  It's completely unethical.

I'm not saying those are always the wrong options.  But I believe in the choice.  And I definitely don't believe it's the domain of men to decide this for women.  Ask yourself, would you force any woman in your family to have a child that was forced upon them?  Anyone you love?

There are too many children right now who aren't being given the best life can offer them.  I'm in no rush to put even more of them out there.

830540[/snapback]

The woman does not have to keep the child after birth. Give the child up for adoption. WOW!

And we all knew our great liberal/religious hater/supporter of everything non-moral would come to put down the arguement.

831467[/snapback]

Dude, I am the farthest thing from a liberal. :doh::lol::lol:

Are you going to post in every thread in here, too? :rolleyes:

:doh:  :lol:

Riiiiiight. So tell me, do you have the urge to shoot them in the head? We all know how much you want to shoot people in the head.  :rolleyes:

831439[/snapback]

Ed, I'm sorry if I'm not a criminal rights advocate like yourself. If a robber has a gun and is threatening to kill me, I want the right to defend myself.

FYI: The police had to use lethal force when apprehending the guy who robbed us.

The woman does not have to keep the child after birth. Give the child up for adoption. WOW!

831466[/snapback]

That's insane. You're saying that a victim of incest/rape should carry their pregnancy to term, so that you can rest easy at night knowing that a group of cells didn't get to gestate. You want a victim of incest/rape to carry a pregnancy for nine months, every waking minute being reminded of the horror of being violated? At what point did you stop viewing them as a victim of a horrible crime, and start viewing them as an unwilling incubator?

Edit:

"didn't get to gestate" should read "got to gestate". My anger and disbelief trumped a thorough proofread before hitting reply. I'm still angry, though.

Edited by Johnny Coli

That's insane.  You're saying that a victim of incest/rape should carry their pregnancy to term, so that you can rest easy at night knowing that a group of cells didn't get to gestate.

831819[/snapback]

Hey, women don't have rights. Fetal collections of cellular material do...at least until they grow up to be women who want to have babies. Live with it.

<_<

Dude, I am the farthest thing from a liberal.  :lol:  :lol:  :P

Are you going to post in every thread in here, too?  :lol:

831525[/snapback]

Your arguements are simply weak. You pick out one word in a post and go with it. Learn to read the entire post and come back with some knowledge.

P.S. our posts per day are nearly the same. Go learn something.

That's insane.  You're saying that a victim of incest/rape should carry their pregnancy to term, so that you can rest easy at night knowing that a group of cells didn't get to gestate.  You want a victim of incest/rape to carry a pregnancy for nine months, every waking minute being reminded of the horror of being violated?  At what point did you stop viewing them as a victim of a horrible crime, and start viewing them as an unwilling incubator?

Edit:

"didn't get to gestate" should read "got to gestate".  My anger and disbelief trumped a thorough proofread before hitting reply.  I'm still angry, though.

831819[/snapback]

You dont believe they wont remember that rape for 9 months? Try years, a lifetime ... etc. Go to google.com and search "escaping hades" and "surviving to thriving" and read the stories. Baby or not that lasts a lifetime.

Hey, women don't have rights.  Fetal collections of cellular material do...at least until they grow up to be women who want to have babies.  Live with it. 

<_<

831831[/snapback]

Your second sentence is what I dont understand about people. Babies dont have rights. Women do. But they will once they are born. :lol:

You dont believe they wont remember that rape for 9 months? Try years, a lifetime ... etc. Go to google.com and search "escaping hades" and "surviving to thriving" and read the stories. Baby or not that lasts a lifetime.

831886[/snapback]

So the emotional trauma and scarring from the rape isn't enough for you. You also want to tack on the physical reminder, for 9 months, of that trauma, not to mention the added bonus of knowing for the rest of her life that the progeny from that trauma is walking around somewhere. So you can feel better. That's sick.

Can we add "insulted" to that?  I want duelling made legal again...

830295[/snapback]

No you don't, trust me. Think of all the people whom you've called "idiots" over the past month or two. Imagine each of those people challenging you to a duel. Maybe you survive the first, and the second, and even the tenth. But it's only a matter of time before a duel doesn't go your way.

Bringing back dueling would, for you, be a death sentence.

How about this: does a rapist or person who violates another via incest have any right to bring a life into the world?

I don't think so.

830078[/snapback]

You make a very good point. In fact, you make an outstanding point--especially with regards to rape.

On the other hand, there are those who feel life begins at conception. Are they wrong? When do you feel life begins? At what point do you say, "it's wrong to kill this baby, no matter how the conception might have taken place"?

I don't have easy answers to these questions. But whatever else we do, we should be increasing the punishment for rape. There is only one punishment that's appropriate; and that punishment doesn't involve jail.

ok i am gunna keep this fire burning here,

first off i am pro-choice because i believe that parenting is a task that bears a ton of responsibility. Some people are not ready for this and adoption system is very flawed in this country to the point where we have our own sitting in group homes as custody of the state, yet people are adopting overseas <_< And the ones who do end up keeping the kids feel a lot of anger and disappoint that in many cases is taken out on the kid.

second, those who beleive that it is wrong, don't get abortions. Simple as that, you do your moral duty, and you are not imposing your beliefs on anyone else.

So flame away on this one