OT: The Braves usual choke job is underway

Its the first one who wins three but I still say the Braves make a good fight out of the series.  Jarred Wright did not pitch well today.

59733[/snapback]

This isn't your father's Braves pitching staff. Who else do they have? Hampton is hit or miss at this stage of his career. Aside from homefield, the Astros are just a much better club.

This isn't your father's Braves pitching staff.  Who else do they have?  Hampton is hit or miss at this stage of his career.  Aside from homefield, the Astros are just a much better club.

59744[/snapback]

AGreed!!! Houston is my team and has been since Nolan was on the hill when i was a kid!!! I think that ST Louis though is the team and i hope they rip the Red Sox up!!! American league ball blows!!! Pe@ce! :rolleyes:

If you look at the Houston-Atlanta matchup realistically, the Astros are a much better team. Atlanta won their division by beating up on the likes of Montreal, NY Mets, Philadelphia and even Florida who didn't have their pitching staff healthy for most of the year and their offense is almost as bad as the Bills.

Houston on the other hand, had to struggle through the early part of the year with a pitching staff that was hurt and took some time getting it straightened out and some injuries to other key players while playing the likes of the Cardinals, Cubs and Reds, who started out pretty hot this year. It's no wonder the Astros should win this series without blinking. I'm not an Astros fan but they should sweep this series or at worst, take it in 4.

This isn't your father's Braves pitching staff.  Who else do they have?  Hampton is hit or miss at this stage of his career.  Aside from homefield, the Astros are just a much better club.

59744[/snapback]

Our pitching is in NY and Chicago. :rolleyes:

Can't say I'm suprised

--------------------------------

Hey BF, I've been respectful to you for the entire year. The entire year.

But, I'm sick of your stevestojan.

It's only a choke job if you are a favorite retard.

The simple fact is dumbass that the Astros have a stacked lineup and an awesome rotation.

We weren't even suppose to make it this year...but yet somehow the team got the job done.

If we had lost the first game and had that lineup and rotation then we would be the chokers.

Can't say I'm suprised

It's only a choke job if you are a favorite retard. Perhaps you would know that if you lived in a state where the average IQ was great than 50.

The simple fact is dumbass that the Astros have a stacked lineup and an awesome rotation.

We weren't even suppose to make it this year...but yet somehow the team got the job done.

If we had lost the first game and had that lineup and rotation then we would be the chokers.

60053[/snapback]

I wondered how long it was going to take you to defend the Braves. I agree with you. BF has been talking a lot of stevestojan all year. Just like the Yankees. We've done very well to get where we are with the rotation problems we've been having.

I don't believe anyone said the series was over...

60082[/snapback]

It seems that way based on the title of the thread...

And about the usual chokejob...To my knowledge, the Braves have won a World Series much more recently then the Cardinals, can someone help me confirm that?? :rolleyes:

I wondered how long it was going to take you to defend the Braves. I agree with you.  BF has been talking a lot of stevestojan all year. Just like the Yankees. We've done very well to get where we are with the rotation problems we've been having.

60057[/snapback]

I always get a charge out of folks who act like they are on the team. Good post GANT. I never figured the Bravos would make it this far. Hell of a run, Bobby.

Can't say I'm suprised

It's only a choke job if you are a favorite retard. Perhaps you would know that if you lived in a state where the average IQ was great than 50.

60053[/snapback]

I don't blame you for getting pissed at BF's usual idiotic baseball comments. Not only is he completely obnoxious about the Cardinals, he's often the first one to stir things up about the Yankees. Of all the jabs thrown by Yankees and Red Sox fans on this board, no one throws as many as BF. And he puts his own convenient angle on arguments, then contradicts himself. For example, the first time a Yankee fan talks about their history, he says history doesn't matter. But then he's quick to remind everyone that the Cardinals beat the Yankees in the World Series in 1964. He conveniently forgets, though, that the Cardinals came into Yankee Stadium only one year ago and got their asses swept.

Having said all of that, gantrules, there's no need to insult everyone who lives in the state of Indiana. I've lived here for only three years, and I've lived all over the world and in several different states, ranging from New York to Arkansas. Thanks to my job, I also get to travel all over the country. I've found that there are stupid people, as well as intelligent ones, no matter where you are.

"It's only a choke job if you are a favorite retard. Perhaps you would know that if you lived in a state where the average IQ was great than 50."

I realize you didn't mean this literally, yet, you should edit your own words as you sound really dumb using the phrase "IQ great than 50" when you really meant "IQ greater than 50".

Remember, those in glass houses should not throw rocks.

Can't say I'm suprised

It's only a choke job if you are a favorite retard.

60053[/snapback]

It's easy to be respectful to fans of teams you know are going to kick your ass if you play them.

So we go from "Braves over Cards in 7." to "The Astros are stacked and we weren't even supposed to make it this year."

If you think the ASTROS are stacked, what gives you the opinion that you would have ANY chance against St. Louis??? Not just to win the series, but to win ONE GAME????

About the IQ comment, no offense taken here at all, this state is full of stupid morons and that's why I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

As far as Dave goes.......no I haven't forgotten getting swept in Yankee Stadium last year, but that team is not the same one you are watching this year. No Larry Walker, no Reggie Sanders, no Tony Womack, no Jason Marquis pitching, etc etc.

I'm sure you already noticed we had about 20 more wins this year with that group right? Thanks.