Peter King Mid Season Awards

ACor58

but but but but he was a reach! Marv is an idiot for drafting s safety at #8! :w00t:

828528[/snapback]

If he traded down instead of taking a safety AND giving away a pick, who is to say that he couldn't have drafted Sims AND had an extra 2nd (in addition to the one he pissed away). We don't know.

A bunch of things could have happened, but Marv wanted Whitner at any and all costs, and coughed up a pick as well. :P

Paint this as a good thing if you choose, but it sure was suspect from where I sit.

Seriously.....if Marv drafts a 1st round corner in 07, will you then think that perhaps there is a problem?

If he traded down instead of taking a safety AND giving away a pick, who is to say that he couldn't have drafted Sims AND had an extra 2nd (in addition to the one he pissed away). We don't know.

A bunch of things could have happened, but Marv wanted Whitner at any and all costs, and coughed up a pick as well.  :w00t:

Paint this as a good thing if you choose, but it sure was suspect from where I sit.

Seriously.....if Marv drafts a 1st round corner in 07, will you then think that perhaps there is a problem?

828588[/snapback]

I will defintly agree with you if Marv picks a Corner in the first round, but that being said, I really doubt he does.

Who knows what marv would have gotten if he did trade the #8 spot and what he could have gotten with it. All I know is that he got the guy him and the scouts wanted and thought was the best in the draft at their position. So far he is proving that it was the right move because he got a damn good player for a position we needed a player for.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will the Bills. Marv has a plan and no has a better look at what he needs to make that plan work. This offseason will be big for him in trying to get the rest of the pieces in order, now that he has seen what he needs and what he doesn't

I wasn't particularly pleased with Mr. Whitner's tackling this weekend but I agree that he's been good overall.  He doesn't have the stats to make the Pro-Bowl but he'll make the all-rookie team.

828545[/snapback]

Agree 100% Whitner missed quite a few tackles on Sunday. I think his strength is probably in coverage--but he's still got to make those tackles.

but but but but he was a reach! Marv is an idiot for drafting s safety at #8! :w00t:

828528[/snapback]

do the poeple who post crap like this have any idea how dumb and childish they sound...same crap over and over, how about adding to the conversation a little

I dont think anyone was ever disagreeing that Whitner would be a good player but if the option to trade down with Denver and pickup a 2nd was there I still think that was the better move especially since they were planning all along to move back into the first round even if it was for the wrong guy, the pick should have been Mangold who will be one of the best centers in the league for a long time