VOTE TODAY!

30dive

Looks like a good year for Dems.  Now watch the Republicans whine that we "don't want to win" the war.  Hell..as if they are anywhere near "winning" the war.  The war is just going to get worse and worse until we get rid of the clowns (Bush, Cheney and Rummy) who put us there.  How on earth anyone can think that the minds that got us into this cluster!@#$ are the minds that will get us out of it (let alone "win" whatever the hell that is) is beyond me.

Happy to see all the dem wins in the house and senate.  Feel bad about Harold Ford Jr., perhaps the most interesting candidate running, but its back to the drawing board and get ready for 2008.

829386[/snapback]

It's a typical 6th-year President election, Tenny. With only a few exceptions (FDR - WWII, Clinton - Monica for example), the minority party picks up about 30 house seats and 6 or so Senate seats.

I heard on the morning news, that VA law requires a recount with less than a 1% margin...and if I heard correctly, that count cannot occur until Nov. 27th.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a typical 6th-year President election, Tenny. With only a few exceptions (FDR - WWII, Clinton - Monica for example), the minority party picks up about 30 house seats and 6 or so Senate seats.

I heard on the morning news, that VA law requires a recount with less than a 1% margin...and if I heard correctly, that count cannot occur until Nov. 27th.

829399[/snapback]

Right...I only see this election as the preliminary skirmish. The 2008 elections are what count.

Cincy....your kinda right. While everyone has been saying, what you are saying (and this was being said long before last nights results) the sixth year as of late (Reagan and Clinton) actually was nothing like last night.

If you remember Clinton was killed in his second year...1994 You remember the Tom Foley (not this years Foley) led House went super liberal, a little "we'll show this punk from Ark., how its done." Well they got their teeth kicked in by Newt and the boys. In fact during Clintons sixth year the Dems actually gained a couple seats, certainly not enough to make a difference. And yes during President Reagans sixth year he did lose a number of house reps, but I think the number was 8, which is nothing compared to what happened last night.

Cincy....your kinda right.  While everyone has been saying,  what you are saying (and this was being said long before last nights results) the sixth year as of late  (Reagan and Clinton) actually was nothing like last night.

If you remember Clinton was killed in his second year...1994 You remember the Tom Foley (not this years Foley) led House went super liberal, a little "we'll show this punk from Ark., how its done." Well they got their teeth kicked in by Newt and the boys. In fact during Clintons sixth year the Dems actually gained a couple seats, certainly not enough to make a difference.  And yes during President Reagans sixth year he did lose a number of house reps, but I think the number was 8, which is nothing compared to what happened last night.

829504[/snapback]

Thanks for the additional info. The 30 and 6 are, I believe, the average figures through the years.

Thanks for the additional info. The 30 and 6 are, I believe, the average figures through the years.

829520[/snapback]

Ya... But with computers and the "science" of gerrymandering, it is a lot harder to pick up incumbant seats in today's environment... I think the average was getting to about 98% retension or so...

Kinda remarkable that they could do it considering the above, IMO...

Ya...  But with computers and the "science" of gerrymandering, it is a lot harder to pick up incumbant seats in today's environment... I think the average was getting to about 98% retension or so...

Kinda remarkable that they could do it considering the above, IMO...

829603[/snapback]

There is also a whole lot of money in campaigns...plenty of lying and falsehoods being spread around.

I continue to be amazed at the utter stupidity of most of American voters - well-educated or not. You see these figures all the time - huge numbers that couldn't name the Vice-President, and mystified when asked how many branches of the Federal government exist, have no idea how many Senators their State has, let alone a name, and so forth.

The responses Leno gets with his "Jay Walk" questions are funny - but appalling.

Bingo.....And what still amazes me is the lack of striaghtforwardness (is that a word) by the canidates themselves.

If anyone saw the concession speach by Rick Santorum last night, they would have thought he was the kindest most dedicated person to ever walk the halls of congress. His speach was nothing but class....

It is to bad he did not run his campaign that way. I NEVER heard a positive thing out of him, from the day I moved to PA.

That's to bad 'cause he got whomped by 18 % points.

There is also a whole lot of money in campaigns...plenty of lying and falsehoods being spread around.

I continue to be amazed at the utter stupidity of most of American voters - well-educated or not.  You see these figures all the time - huge numbers that couldn't name the Vice-President, and mystified when asked how many branches of the Federal government exist, have no idea how many Senators their State has, let alone a name, and so forth. 

The responses Leno gets with his "Jay Walk" questions are funny - but appalling.

829633[/snapback]

I hear you!

:lol::D

I would give my mother a free pass ( :D God rest her soul :D )... She would accidently always say 48 states... Then, I would say "Mom!"... You can't fault someone because she graduated in 1958 and there were only 48 states then... I guess habit?

I wish the rest of the dimwits out there had a legit excuse...

Ever watch that show "Street Smarts." You are right downright frightening!

:doh::(