VOTE TODAY!

30dive

That be him. And lets show Maccaca how the "real"virginia works. BTW, Allen had a confederate flag proudly displayed in his office up to about 5 yrs ago. Now, this is the south, but dam.

828120[/snapback]

hell...the Republicans had an ad here that took on Harold Ford Jr. for being at a playboy superbowl party where there were WHITE WOMEN!!! Guess they thought we'd lynch him or something.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard this much buzz about voting since I turned voting age.  I really hope there is a large turnout here in NYS.  People need to take advantage of this whole democratic process thingy.

828118[/snapback]

While I did do my tilting at windmills, it really doesn't matter how big the turnout will be. There's only 2 statewide positions that are in doubt (comptroller and AG).

It will be interesting to see what happens in Reynolds' and Kuhl's districts. They are the only two Congresscritters in WNY that seem to be in jeopardy. The REALLY unusual thing about the Reynolds/Davis race is that the D&C supports Reynolds. This is the 1st year I've been living near Ra-cha-cha and I can recall the D&C endorsing a Republican in a tight race (and they did it 2 other times). They also appear to finally be doing what they said they'd do about 8 years ago and aren't endorsing Susan John.

Voted this morning in my new state......Holy crap, where did they get these voting machines?

Back in Virginia we used the punch card (you know the hanging chad thingy),

828017[/snapback]

Just got back 30, video voting machines here in VA to. BTW, anybody catch that documentary on HBO'hacking Democracy" , pretty scary stuff.

OH BTW, no lines, in and out less than 5 minutes

Plez....Hmmmmm Henrico County and video voting machines! Next thing you know they'll be selling cheap lap tops to teh general public :blink:

So Allen or Webb????

I like you you am not sure who I would have voted for on that one. Probably Webb, 'cause something about Allen, just bothers me?????? Even though he got my vote twice before. :lol:

There was nobody at my polling place in CT when I went, however it may just have been early... (around 7:30am). I expected more of a line, because there are 2 rather contentious races, Leiberman/Lamont and Shays/Farrell.

I heard from some other people that there was something of a line. We haven't got Maccaca, but we do have a sore loser in Lieberman....get out and vote people!

Plez....Hmmmmm Henrico County and video voting machines!  Next thing you know they'll be selling cheap lap tops to teh general public :blink:

So Allen or Webb????

I like you you am not sure who I would have voted for on that one.  Probably Webb, 'cause something about Allen, just bothers me?????? Even though he got my vote twice before. :lol:

828220[/snapback]

Allright, I will break the sanctity of the vote, went with Webb. Its funny as I have seen a couple threads here about race today, but for me came down to this,I think both are tobacco chewing red necks at heart(they both dip), but I really believe Allen does not have the same views on race that I do, and Webb has at least served in and led a sector of the military.

Allright, I will break the sanctity of the vote, went with Webb. Its funny as I have seen a couple threads here about race today, but for me came down to  this,I think both are tobacco chewing red necks at heart(they both dip), but I really believe Allen does not have the same views on race that I do, and Webb has at least served in and led a sector of the military.

828264[/snapback]

That race makes me glad I left Virginia. :blink:

well, looks like we will not know who won here in VA for a while, less than 3/10ths of a percent seperate them now. Lordy, how in the world could people think their vote doesn't count.

And oh BTW, ole Hetah Shuler coming back to DC as a congressman from NC!!Maybe his second stint in the nations capital can be a llitle more successful

well, looks like we will not know who won here in VA for a while, less than 3/10ths of a percent seperate them now. Lordy, how in the world could people think their vote doesn't count.

And oh BTW, ole Hetah Shuler coming back to DC as a congressman from NC!!Maybe his second stint in the nations capital can be a llitle more successful

829313[/snapback]

The town council seat in Ballston Spa NY was won by three votes.

Looks like a good year for Dems. Now watch the Republicans whine that we "don't want to win" the war. Hell..as if they are anywhere near "winning" the war. The war is just going to get worse and worse until we get rid of the clowns (Bush, Cheney and Rummy) who put us there. How on earth anyone can think that the minds that got us into this cluster!@#$ are the minds that will get us out of it (let alone "win" whatever the hell that is) is beyond me.

Happy to see all the dem wins in the house and senate. Feel bad about Harold Ford Jr., perhaps the most interesting candidate running, but its back to the drawing board and get ready for 2008.