Hey Stupid

coltrane34

For anyone who thinks Jp should be pulled, remember that 99% of hall of Fame quarterbacks have not been very productive in their first full season of starts. Almost every good QB and even the great Manning, Farve, Kelly, Moon, Elway......I could go on, have all struggled mightily in the beginnings of their historic careers.

JP should not and will not be pulled this entire Season. The combination of the entire teams mistakes will not be put on his shoulders.

You people that want to see Nall or some rookie QB take over this team are ignorant to the game of football as a whole. With a young Quarterback you have to be ready to take some lumps in order to make him better. When you draft a young QB you have to let him develop over at least three to four years. If you give up before the kid has even a full season of starts then you should have just gotten a veteran free agent who has all ready been developed by another team.

JP has everything he needs to be a premiere QB. Build around him, let him win the team and fans over with his persistance, and he will be great. Don't be a mularkey and try to ruin this teams chances for another few seasons.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who thinks Jp should be pulled, remember that 99% of hall of Fame quarterbacks have not been very productive in their first full season of starts.  Almost every good QB and even the great Manning, Farve, Kelly, Moon, Elway......I could go on, have all struggled mightily in the beginnings of their historic careers.

JP should not and will not be pulled this entire Season.  The combination of the entire teams mistakes will not be put on his shoulders. 

You people that want to see Nall or some rookie QB take over this team are ignorant to the game of football as a whole.  With a young Quarterback you have to be ready to take some lumps in order to make him better.  When you draft a young QB you have to let him develop over at least three to four years.  If you give up before the kid has even a full season of starts then you should have just gotten a veteran free agent who has all ready been developed by another team.

JP has everything he needs to be a premiere QB.  Build around him, let him win the team and fans over with his persistance, and  he will be great.  Don't be a mularkey and try to ruin this teams chances for another few seasons.

827338[/snapback]

I think you and JP-Era could have some really deep conversations.

actually, by the end of his rookie year, manning was looking pretty good.  better than losman.

827353[/snapback]

yep

Manning has a much different presence on the field with his team, he seems to have a natural leadership presence.

Manning also isn't afraid to call an audible here and there, I can't remember the last time JP called an audible, especially when the D is wearing blitz on their forehead.

yep

Manning has a much different presence on the field with his team, he seems to have a natural leadership presence.

Manning also isn't afraid to call an audible here and there, I can't remember the last time JP called an audible, especially when the D is wearing blitz on their forehead.

827357[/snapback]

My point is that giving up on JP now is giong to set the team back years. Letting him grow and make mistakes will allow the team to concentrate on other issues. A solid team around him will make him look a million times better.

Hey Stupid,

Manning also didn't have 3 years to study NFL offenses.

827343[/snapback]

I'm not saying I agree with the Losman/Manning comparison...but since I like to play Devil's Advocate (and not the pinball game)....

You're right, BlueFire. Manning had MORE than 3 years to study an NFL offense. His lineage alone provided more experience than JP ever had.

Plus, he played for UT and was a much more polished product coming out.

Pretty much every scouting report on JP coming out of college described him as "raw". That term was never used to describe Manning.

My point is that giving up on JP now is giong to set the team back years.  Letting him grow and make mistakes will allow the team to concentrate on other issues.  A solid team around him will make him look a million times better.

827364[/snapback]

The same set-back as Joey Harrington and the Lions? If only they waited for Joey's development they too could have 3 Ints per game.

The same set-back as Joey Harrington and the Lions? If only they waited for Joey's development they too could have 3 Ints per game.

827500[/snapback]

Hey Joey has been looking pretty good with that crap team in Miami......or maybe they should switch back to clepper...................

For anyone who thinks Jp should be pulled, remember that 99% of hall of Fame quarterbacks have not been very productive in their first full season of starts.  Almost every good QB and even the great Manning, Farve, Kelly, Moon, Elway......I could go on, have all struggled mightily in the beginnings of their historic careers.

so have Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Klingler...I could go on and on

the numerous threads like this that keep popping up are meaningless and mentioning Losman in his first full season in the same sentence as Manning, Favre and others is just DUMB

the fact is Losman is not that good, the Bills Oline is terrible and their play calling is brutal

yep

827357[/snapback]

Actually, lack of true leadership is the main criticism of Manning

Ive never heard that before.

827725[/snapback]

Actually, it's talked about a lot, because the analysts like to try to figure out why Brady always tops Manning when it counts and the Colts offense looks and executes terribly when it counts the most.