Apologies to Fletcher

cale

He MUST be at a minimum franchised for next year.  I could live with a 3 year contract.

826837[/snapback]

I'm thinking the same thing. I'd like to have him as our middle linebacker for the next four years. He's been reliable ever since he's put on a Bills uniform. He's cut down on his penalities this year, that has made a big difference. Was yesterday his best game in as a Buffalo Bill?

I'd keep Fletcher over Spikes at this point. I think Spikes may have come back a bit early, because whether its his Achillie's, the hammy, or a combination of the two, he is virtually invisible out there.

I'd rather he be benched, be given ample time to rehab, and come out strong next season than have him continue to play in this condition. I think it is at the point his presence is hurting the team.

You can see him hobbling out there if you watch him apart from the rest of the play. He's not reacting to plays as quickly as he once did, and there were more than a few times yesterday there were huge cutback lanes to his side (partially on the D-Line, obviously) and he simply could not plant and cut fast enough to keep up with the RB.

I fear he's on his way to Sam Cowart territory... where he can hold down a job in the league, but his playmaking ability is drastically reduced.