Borat #1 at the box office!

Mark Vader

For all you Borat fans out there, the Borat movie was the #1 movie at the box office this weekend

Borat grossed an estimated 26.4 million, whereas the Disney family film The Santa Clause 3 grossed over 20 million, & the Dreamworks/Aardman Animations CGI Toon Flushed Away grossed over 19 million.

Add in the fact that Borat was released in just over 800 theatres, while Santa & Flushed were both in over 3000 theatres, makes it even more impressive, if not eye-popping. <_<

The sky is the limit for Borat in the weeks to come. It is safe to say that Borat will most likely not be execute.

For all you Borat fans out there, the Borat movie was the #1 movie at the box office this weekend

Borat grossed an estimated 26.4 million, whereas the Disney family film The Santa Clause 3 grossed over 20 million, & the Dreamworks/Aardman Animations CGI Toon Flushed Away grossed over 19 million.

Add in the fact that Borat was released in just over 800 theatres, while Santa & Flushed were both in over 3000 theatres, makes it even more impressive, if not eye-popping.  :P

The sky is the limit for Borat in the weeks to come. It is safe to say that Borat will most likely not be execute.

826037[/snapback]

I really don't think this should surprise anyone, people have been waiting for this movie for a long time and the buzz has been huge, and not like Snakes on a Plane where people were only giving it buzzed because of the stupidity of the title and plot, not like this where people wanted to see it because they are anticipating a hilarious movie

It was hilarious except for a surprisingly disturbing scene which I'm sure those who have seen it can agree with me  ;)  :lol:

829135[/snapback]

Hell no, I thought that scene was hilarious as well. I cringed, but it was in no way distrubing.

Just saw the Ali G segment where he goes to see the Veterinarian ;):lol::lol:

And kudos to Pat Buchannon for not being a stuffy anal bastard like most of the other older white guys who he interviews. PB picked up on the schtick pretty quickly and started going with it....that was good stuff :wub:

http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=8982

Borat, of course, is not Borat at all but Sacha Baron Cohen, the British comic and star of HBO's "Da Ali G Show" on which the character makes regular appearances. The shtick is simple: Borat, a descendant of SNL's "wild and crazy guys" and Balki from "Perfect Strangers,

Borat is Balki???? Impossible.

Now, there's something you don't hear every day.

829488[/snapback]

lol, true.....I've always liked Pat....he's just a little TOO far to the right.