Colts backup

any given sunday... 

however, he's about as durable as favre.  don't bet the farm on scobee or whatever his name is to come in

825820[/snapback]

i wouldnt wish injury on anyone, i promise, im just wondering who backs this guy up and how they could possibly function without him and his unique style

Hollywood Donahoe would have you believe Peyton actually doesnt call his own plays and its all just an act.  <_<

825831[/snapback]

Technically Peyton gets a few plays to choose from before the snap and he picks out of those few plays, so its not like he's REALLY calling his own plays. (just stirring the sh-- for fun)

Technically Peyton gets a few plays to choose from before the snap and he picks out of those few plays, so its not like he's REALLY calling his own plays. (just stirring the sh-- for fun)

825881[/snapback]

That happens when their simply driving. If it is no huddle or a 2 minute type of thing Peyton calls it himself period.

"His meticulous film study allows him to call most of his plays at the line of scrimmage and pick apart even the best defenses." - Maxwell Football Award

"He's just a great field general," said Joe Namath, the Hall of Fame quarterback who called his own plays in the New York Jets epic upset of Baltimore in Super Bowl III. "I think he has to be the best field general I've ever seen." (from maxwell)

"...what Peyton is doing is sitting at the line of scrimmage, running the game by himself. He's a coach on the field." - Darren Sharper

"Peyton Manning has authority to call plays at the line." -NFL.com

no Charlie Weiss

I never said that Manning doesn't call his own plays, I said that he's not the only QB who does so.

But then, reading comprehension was never your strong suit.

825952[/snapback]

Right because the plethora of articles/sportscasters/coaches who say he is the only QB's who calls his own plays are wrong or lying. Right?

Here are a few .... im too tired to go searching for more

"Have you ever seen a better argument for Tuesday Morning Quarterback's longstanding contention that many NFL quarterbacks should call their own plays? Jim Kelly was the last NFL quarterback to call his own plays on a regular basis, and that worked out pretty well as you may recall. In the last decade, playcalling by quarterbacks has become almost unknown. Peyton Manning has authority to call plays at the line, which seems to work out pretty well."  - NFL.com

Dont know about you, but that sure makes it sound like he is the only one.

There was a time when most quarterbacks called all their own plays at the line, but it has become a dying art. Until Manning came along, Jim Kelly of the Bills was the only quarterback who called his own plays at the line through the 1980s and '90s.

Now, the Colts' system is a focal point and trigger for criticism because it's different from every other offense in the league - The Sporting News

Kinda self-explanatory

Though quarterbacks occasionally change the play at the line of scrimmage, after viewing the defensive alignment, quarterbacks who routinely call their own plays have become rare, with Peyton Manning a notable exception (Manning's 2004 single-season passer rating of 121.1, a record, may have earned him that right). Prior to Peyton Manning, the last quarterback to call his own plays in this manner was the Buffalo Bills' Jim Kelly, who ran the "K-Gun", no-huddle offense during their Super Bowl heyday. Kelly was often given four different plays to choose from by his coaches, but it was up to him to make the final decision as to which of the four plays would be executed. - Answers.com

self-explanatory

But hey. Whatever. You guys can believe whatever you want.