Saddam, others sentenced to death

stuckincincy

hanging is still a common form of execution outside the US

824943[/snapback]

Yes, in civilized nations execution is slow death by playing John Mellencamp repeatedly, until the convicted person's brain bleeds out his ears.

Yes, in civilized nations execution is slow death by playing John Mellencamp repeatedly, until the convicted person's brain bleeds out his ears.

826200[/snapback]

thank god our constitution prohibits such cruel and unusual punishment

but at least we're not panzies like the EU

None at all.

Seriously.  I know one of the prosecutors.  Works at the USDOJ.  This whole kangaroo court was staged to justify the preordained end of executing Saddam.

The trial was a waste of time.  They should have just killed him.  Instead, they put on a show making a mockery of the very principle of "justice" to falsely justify a preordained outcome that didn't need any justification to begin with.  Ridiculous.

824925[/snapback]

Not to mention the lawyers and witnesses (and some of their family members) that were assassinated because of this circus.

The trial was the proverbial cluster!@#$, and the killing of judges and their families was only MORE evidence of our failure in Iraq. The next two or three years of the appellate process, the ongoing needless sacrifice by American and Allied troops, and the burgeoning civil war will just be more and more evidence of Bush's folly. I remember before this whole thing started when I pointed out it was foolish to go in, being called a fool when I said I didn't believe that there were wmd's there...and being called a dupe of the dems because I posited that the war might cost as much as $100 Billion (I was very wrong...on the LOW side!) and being banned from the nazi board when I posited that in the future we might have as many as 3000 American deaths. Well...obla dee obla dah...life goes on!