Buffalo Sabres vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

I expected them to actually tryThey were completely unprepared to play, while Toronto seemed pretty excited at the thought of giving them their first regulation loss in their own house. 

It was obvious who wanted it more last night.

824868[/snapback]

I disagree with that. They played a good 1st. The 1st 20 minutes were very entertaining hockey as both teams were flying and hitting.

After the 5 on 3, the Sabres never competed again.

So, I'd say they were prepared to play, they just lost their focus, edge, skating, etc. and never recovered it. Not certain how much, if any, losing Max affected their play.

I disagree with that.  They played a good 1st.  The 1st 20 minutes were very entertaining hockey as both teams were flying and hitting.

After the 5 on 3, the Sabres never competed again.

So, I'd say they were prepared to play, they just lost their focus, edge, skating, etc. and never recovered it.  Not certain how much, if any, losing Max affected their play.

826831[/snapback]

they also played a good 3rd period..Raycroft made some great saves...

they also played a good 3rd period..Raycroft made some great saves...

826838[/snapback]

They did look better in the 3rd than in the 2nd, but their powerplay was horribly out of sync. That was enough for me to say they never got their game back after TO broke it open, especially when you consider how many powerplays the Sabres had in the 3rd.