Terrell Owens has a personal health issue...

bartshan-83

Going out on a limb here, but I'd venture that maybe the reason Tom Brady wins so many games is because he isn't like TO.

824140[/snapback]

You didnt answer my question about him splitting the locker room so Ill ask again. If Tom Brady "split the locker room" like T.O. supposedly does, would you still want him? I would.

Why the !@#$ do you have a Kansas-size boner for these "great players" like Nate Clements and T.O.? B/c you've heard their names? We need these guys making $10M/yr on our cap and delivering some pretty unspectacular performances?

Newsflash, the TEAM is what is important. 53 guys need to play together. Not two guys who are self-proclaimed M-F'in' PLAYMAKERS and 51 scrubs. It is not T.O. who "wins games." It is not Nate who "wins games" for us. The team is a dynamic, that when you add in personalities who think they're beyond the game and above the team, you ruin that dynamic.

You just don't get it, do you?

824238[/snapback]

When did I say Nate wins games for us? Your putting words in my mouth.

T.O. delivering some unspectacular performances? 341 receptions, 4847yards, and 47 TD's in his last 57 games. Thats 6 receptions, 85 yards, and .8 TD's a game. AKA 96 receptions for 1360 yards and 13 TD's over the course of a season. Mind you those numbers are with him being double covered and ganged up on many on the plays a game and has had such QB's as Drew Bledsoe, Tony Romo, and Jeff Garcia (what the heck happened to him). BTW: what was Garcia's main WR when he had his only good couple of years? Who is Tony Romo's main WR as he is starting out good? Jee I wish we had more players who have "unspectacular performances" like his.

P.S. Its my OPINION. You can have your own opinion your own fantasy (in your mind) team of yours. Mine would include T.O.

OPINION!

You didnt answer my question about him splitting the locker room so Ill ask again. If Tom Brady "split the locker room" like T.O. supposedly does, would you still want him? I would.

824264[/snapback]

It's not a realistic question. If Tom Brady "split the locker room" he wouldn't have won 3 championships.

If TO had three rings on his fingers, then yes, I would love to have him. Until then, I have no use for someone like him on my team.

It's not a realistic question.  If Tom Brady "split the locker room" he wouldn't have won 3 championships.

If TO had three rings on his fingers, then yes, I would love to have him.  Until then, I have no use for someone like him on my team.

824292[/snapback]

You dont know that for SURE ... but I get your point. I think.

You dont know that for SURE ... but I get your point. I think.

824293[/snapback]

Look, I'll defend TO more than most, but until he until he proves otherwise, he will go down in my book as another great talent who didn't win the big one because he couldn't put the team ahead of him. Sports history is littered with ego-guys who never won big despite scary talent.

The last athlete I know of who won consistenly and still was hated by a good portion of his teammates was Michael Jordan. But he was a once in a lifetime athlete and basketball is a sport where individuals can affect the game to a much higher degree than football.

If this clears anything up....

Look, I'll defend TO more than most, but until he until he proves otherwise, he will go down in my book as another great talent who didn't win the big one because he couldn't put the team ahead of him.  Sports history is littered with ego-guys who never won big despite scary talent.

The last athlete I know of who won consistenly and still was hated by a good portion of his teammates was Michael Jordan.  But he was a once in a lifetime athlete and basketball is a sport where individuals can affect the game to a much higher degree than football.

If this clears anything up....

824300[/snapback]

I simply disagree. History disagrees with you also. T.O. was on a team that went to the SB. In that SB Terrel Owens had a GREAT game and did everything a WR possibly could to win the game for his team. Philly losing that SB was not even close to being Owens fault. In fact Owens seemed like he was one of the only players who was playing at the highest level they could for the Eagles.

So tell me. Was it T.O's ego or his 9 receptions for 120+ yards that lost his team the SB?

I simply disagree. History disagrees with you also. T.O. was on a team that went to the SB. In that SB Terrel Owens had a GREAT game and did everything a WR possibly could to win the game for his team. Philly losing that SB was not even close to being Owens fault. In fact Owens seemed like he was one of the only players who was playing at the highest level they could for the Eagles.

So tell me. Was it T.O's ego or his 9 receptions for 120+ yards that lost his team the SB.

824317[/snapback]

First, you can't say history doesn't agree with me and then cite one example. History does agree with me. Disruptive, big-ego athletes don't have a lot of championship rings...ESPECIALLY in a team dominated sport like football. The only person you can bring up is TO and he hasn't ever won anything!!!

The example you mention is a weak one. The Eagles were a Super Bowl caliber team without T.O. They were one game away for three years and swept the NFC playoffs without him the year he was on the team. You are correct, he played a hell of a game and he wasn't the reason they lost. But they did. And then what happened the next year? He destroyed the team.

So without TO: 3 NFC championships

With TO: 1 NFC Championship + ruined season

I fail to see how he left them in a better condition than when he arrived.

First, you can't say history doesn't agree with me and then cite one example.  History does agree with me.  Disruptive, big-ego athletes don't have a lot of championship rings...ESPECIALLY in a team dominated sport like football.  The only person you can bring up is TO and he hasn't ever won anything!!!

The example you mention is a weak one.  The Eagles were a Super Bowl caliber team without T.O.  They were one game away for three years and swept the NFC playoffs without him the year he was on the team.  You are correct, he played a hell of a game and he wasn't the reason they lost.  But they did.  And then what happened the next year?  He destroyed the team.

824320[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't TO injured during the playoffs as well?

First, you can't say history doesn't agree with me and then cite one example.  History does agree with me.  Disruptive, big-ego athletes don't have a lot of championship rings...ESPECIALLY in a team dominated sport like football.  The only person you can bring up is TO and he hasn't ever won anything!!!

The example you mention is a weak one.  The Eagles were a Super Bowl caliber team without T.O.  They were one game away for three years and swept the NFC playoffs without him the year he was on the team.  You are correct, he played a hell of a game and he wasn't the reason they lost.  But they did.  And then what happened the next year?  He destroyed the team.

824320[/snapback]

The only person I can bring up IS T.O. ... yes ... THATS WHAT THIS WHOLE CONVO IS ABOUT! :w00t:

Here is what I feel. If one player can destroy a team then you dont have a strong team. Period.

The point is that he did everything in his power to bring Philly a SB (in the SB) ...

I have been (and will remain) a TO fan and defender for most of his stuff.  I think he takes a lot of heat unecessarily, but he brings most of it on himself anyway.  But this new one is just too much.

TO has been sleeping in team meetings

Ok so big deal, he's lazy.  But no, he and Jerry Jones (why am I not surprised) believe it is a health issue.

These have to be the best two sentences I've ever read in a sports article:

Owens added that once he processes the game plan, the meetings and film work become redundant. And in a dimly lit room, Owens can doze off in a hurry.

No!!  You mean he gets....bored??  Someone better call the 200,000,000+ lazy people in this country and alert them to get medical attention before their condition worsens. :huh:  :w00t:

824116[/snapback]

Fug him in his ear.

If Tom Brady was an ass and supposedly "split the lockeroom" would you take him? I would. If he helps you win games, I take the player.

824134[/snapback]

If I had a choice between Brady and T.O.I would definitely take Brady. I think Brady at "ass" status still wins more games than T.O. at "ass" status.